shape
carat
color
clarity

Bogus Research - Beware

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jg_unc

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I am doing some research on *******. If you have purchased from them in the past and would be interested in helping me, I would greatly appreciate it. If you are interested, please email me so I can ask you some questions. It would be greatly helpful. (don't worry, this isn't spam...) Thanks a ton.

Jeff

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
OK, Jeff, I don't think it is appropriate to use a public forum and bug members who think you are a consumer with such surveys without even asking a permission.

I'm also going to check it with [company name] whether it is a legitimate stuff at all.

------------------------

From 1 to 10 (10 being highest) how would you rate your overall shopping experience with [company name]?

How many times did you visit [company name] before purchasing anything?

Did you comparison shop at retail stores? If so, which ones?

How did you find the price/value relationship of [company name] ?

What was your impression of the online store layout?

What was your impression of the customer service?

Will you use [company name] again?

To how many friends have you recommended using [company name] ?
Please provide the ordering date and order # for each transaction (if multiple transactions, please provide each date and order #).

For completing this survey with complete date and order # information, we will pay the individual completing this survey $10 through paypal. Unfortunately we can not pay $10 for those surveys completed without order # and date information.

***We are a research group not affiliated, in any manner, with [company name] . Please note that unfortunately your order #, along with an email address, enables anyone to access information about your order at [company name].com. This information includes (name, address, order total and payment method, including only the last 4 digits of a credit card #). We absolutely will not access further information about your order at [company name].com. Please note that we will ONLY use your order information for database identification purposes (we will not associate your comments with your email address and/or username). Your order information (date and order #) will be confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties.

----------------------

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for interviening Leonid.

No legitimate survey would ask for details like order number. This smells...

In my life on a previoius forum we did have a college student post a request for survey information to be used in a term paper. He listed his name, college, the class he was taking, his professor''s name (and contact information for the professor if anyone wanted to check it out), the subject of the term paper, along with his questions, and a request for other comments.

That actually went very well, and I understand that he got an A+ on the paper.

While he did list an e-mail address; many people provided the answers right on the forum.

This person did not ask for any information that would link any answer to any person.

Of course, he did not ask the forum moderator up front either. But the request made sense and was properly identified. I understand that the forum moderator privately e-mailed him a lot of additional information on the subject.

Perry

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Just heard back from [company name]. They didn't order any survey like this.

Please beware
38.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
It is astonishing that there are so many scams around.
I just received an urgent email from the mistress of Sadaam Hussein's son, Ouday. She is in some kind of detention camp but if I can make some sort of financial arrangements to get her out, she has access to diamonds, other jewels and massive millions in cash that she would share with me because she trusts me.

I do not know how I got the dubious distinction of having this wonderful friend but I am going to pass on this one.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
So they''ve moved from Nigeria to Iraq now?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 1:32:22 PM
Author: solange
It is astonishing that there are so many scams around.
I just received an urgent email from the mistress of Sadaam Hussein''s son, Ouday. She is in some kind of detention camp but if I can make some sort of financial arrangements to get her out, she has access to diamonds, other jewels and massive millions in cash that she would share with me because she trusts me.

I do not know how I got the dubious distinction of having this wonderful friend but I am ging to pass on this one.

Awwwww.... I''m upset that Ouday likes you better than me.
39.gif
I was hoping that I was liked enough to get that email so I could get the jewels and cash.

Stop stealing my friends!
2.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Both sons are dead so I am not stealing your friends. However if you would like to buy part of my interest in this treasure, I will be happy to sell it to you. And actually I had the sons mixed up. It is the other son''s mistress.
It isn''t everyone who gets such wonderful opportunities. Am I lucky or what?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I would say Lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results