shape
carat
color
clarity

BM gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I need some opinions. I''m trying to decide on my BM gifts. I''ve sorta narrowed it to two things and would love some feedback. One thing to note is that neither of these gifts is a required "wear this to my wedding" gift. My friends and I don''t do that for BM gifts. It''s just something that I''m hoping they like for the future.

Another thing to note...the necklace is from Tiffany''s and I''d actually buy them from Tiffany''s. The earrings I''d be copying. FI''s sorta-uncle is a jeweler on 47th st so I could have them recreated for less $$. The tcw on those is .10 so the diamonds are relatively small but the bezel helps them look a little larger.

initalpendant.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
and here are the earrings...

25225805_D_1.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
omg...these are huge. soo sorry!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
i think both would make great gifts...
i love how versatile they are... they could be worn casually and for dressier occasions. Also at work.
hmmm... I can see why you''re having a tough time choosing.

I''m assuming all of your girls have pierced ears? I''m sure you thought of that lol... but i ''d figure I''d check cuz that would be an easy way to narrow down your choices.

But the first thing I thought of when I saw the necklace was "Q"? As an "A" girl myself, I was a little surprised when I read the description.
As I look at a lot of them on the website, if I didn''t know what they were "supposed" to be, I wouldn''t be able to correctly identify the letter... some of them I wouldn''t even guess as letters.
As all of the rest of the letters seem to be in cursive, I''m sure that''s part of their charm. But personally, that would sway me towards the earrings. What girl wouldn''t love a pair of diamond earrings?!

But the necklaces are so unique and they would be personal to each girl!

Idk.

I''m sure I was no help at all lol.
Sorry and good luck choosing! Either way, your attendants are lucky ladies!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
If all the girls have pierced ears, I''d totally go for the earrings! They''re simply stunning!!!!!!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks jaylex and pp! I am leaning toward the earrings too. I really do like them a lot. I just worry that the diamonds will look too small.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say go for the earrings. The fancy"ness" is in the drop style. The diamond is just an exclamation point and like you said, with the bezel, they will stand out more. So in my opinion, I don''t think they''d be too small.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Go for the earrings! I have a DBTY necklace (gift from DH on wedding day) and I believe the diamonds are 3-pointers. So they''re small, but you can tell they''re diamonds, you know? The earrings just look fancier IMO and I''d probably wear them all the time! Great choices though!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Go for the earrings! I have a DBTY necklace (gift from DH on wedding day) and I believe the diamonds are 3-pointers. So they''re small, but you can tell they''re diamonds, you know? The earrings just look fancier IMO and I''d probably wear them all the time! Great choices though!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to be the contrary one and say that I would prefer the pendant, as I never wear dangly earrings!
11.gif

HOWEVER - the point made above that nobody would turn down diamonds is an excellent one and I think both gifts are really amazing. I like the personal touch of the pendants though.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
I''d also do the earrings. I think the size of the diamonds is actually kind of nice and delicate, IMHO.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks caribqueen, sunny, ts44 and beadchick! such a hard thing to decide on. i want them all to love their gift. i''m leaning toward the earrings, assuming i can get them for a decent price.

ts44...i''m pretty sure that all of my BM''s are the dangly earring type but that was definitely a good point and something to consider! i also like the idea that the pendants are more personal to each girl. but now i''m thinking that they''d all like the earrings more. tough call!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the earrings. Some letters can look a bit weird on their own in a pendant KWIM? Some look great and others not so appealing to the eyes.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I would choose the pendants - I''m not a dangly earring fan and many other women I know aren''t either.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i vote necklaces. i think they are more versatile.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
personally, i''d love to receive either, but if i was forced to choose, it''d be the earrings. you really can''t go wrong with either though; both are classy & classic pieces.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the earrings!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for earrings here.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I like the earrings. However, I think you should take a minute to think about your bridesmaids and what types of jewelry they wear. If you never see them wear dangly earrings, for example, because they have some signature studs that they wear everyday, then maybe go for the necklaces. But I agree with some of the others that I never would have guessed that letter was an "A".

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both but I''d really like to have those earings!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
honey, maevie, jcrow,lulu, julie, oddoneout, miya, and tyty...thanks for chiming in! it''s so hard b/c the people i''d normally ask this question to are the ones i''m buying for! i knew you would all give me valuable feedback!

i''ve definitely given this a lot of thought and i think the earrings are the better bet. my bm''s range in age from 17-35 and i think the earrings are more appropriate for all of the ages. not sure the 35 year old would love the necklace. they are all dangly earring people (so am i! love em) so i''m pretty sure that''s the direction i''m going in. I''ll keep pondering this over and i''ll let you know what i buy! oh, and obviously i have to wait and see that the earrings are within my budget!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results