shape
carat
color
clarity

BM gifts- advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
So I am going to get my BM's personalized silver jewelry boxes with their wedding earrings in them. I was planning on getting some that looked like this that I found for about $30 each. However, my mom just sent me this one and it is about half the cost. I don't like it as much, its a little more ornate than I wanted- but what a deal! I was laid off in January and still haven't found a job, so I really need to keep prices down since FI and I are living on his salary alone and have lots of other wedding costs. So, what do you think about that second one? Would you like it with your monogram engraved and with the earrings inside? Or should I just save up and get the ones I had originally liked that are twice the cost? Thanks for your input!
1.gif

ETA: Sorry that second link won't work. I am attaching the picture.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Here is the second one. The link should work for the first one. Sorry!

jbox2.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I really like the second one better!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think the second one is really nice - I''d go with that, considering the need to keep costs down and also that it is very nice
1.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I actually prefer the second :)

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
I don''t think it''s really about who''s paying for the wedding -- because it''s _your_ wedding and not hers, she should be respectful of your decision. I hope you all can come to a peaceful conclusion. Good luck! :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the second one, and mine is actually a musical box with the lovestory theme song. I love it. I dont think you could go wrong with either, but personally I like the second one more (and I''m not denying my bias!!)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2009 5:33:44 PM
Author: dboatsupreme
I don''t think it''s really about who''s paying for the wedding -- because it''s _your_ wedding and not hers, she should be respectful of your decision. I hope you all can come to a peaceful conclusion. Good luck! :)
Her mum isn''t forcing her into a decision - she just suggested an alternate box. Also, the box is going to be a GIFT, so it should be something the BMs will like as well.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 2nd is just as nice as the first. Go for the cost savings-they won''t feel cheated.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I prefer the first one, but the second one is also very pretty! If you really need to keep costs down, I''d just go with the second one. It''s still a great choice.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. The second one is awesome!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the input! I decided to go with the second one, but when I went to look at it again and read the reviews I''m now concerned that it may be too small. It is 1 5/8" x 3" x 3 3''4" and one girl said it fit perfectly in her hand. Everyone loved it and said it fit a pair of earrings or a bracelet perfectly.

Do you think it would be too small? Would you still like a box that size even though it won''t fit a lot of jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results