shape
carat
color
clarity

BM for halloween costume wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I wandered over from Colored Gems. Not a bride but thought you guys could help with links.

I am a bridesmaid in a costume Halloween wedding this year. I was thinking my BF and I could do a 1920''s theme. That way we are in wedding appropriate dress/suit but still dressed up. Any ideas on flapper wear? I was hoping to spend $150 or less on a nice dress i could wear again or much less for a one time deal. I also remember seeing an old post about hair pieces. Does anyone have good links for 1920''s hair accessories? I was thinking dress, long strand necklace, cigarette holder, cut hair short, find some mary jane shoes and get feathers/flowers for the hair.

Or any other ideas for costumes? I want to be presentable because of pictures- so no Zombies:) And I wanted something both me and the boy can dress up together. He is down with the mob/gangster/1920''s idea so far.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Edressme.com has a bunch of fringe dresses in different colors for $72.

$75 Revolve
$98 Bloomingdales
$78 Saks
$79 Armani Exchange
$105 ShopBop
$22 Forever 21
$151 Tobi
$54 Newport News
$80 French Connection

I''d check etsy for feather fascinators.

For Halloween this year, BF and I will probably dress as if for a masquerade ball. I have a tulle ball skirt and long black gloves. I''ll buy a black corset top (or wear a black corset dress underneath the skirt). I have a brooch that I''ll wear as a choker and I''ll buy a mask. He has a shirt that he wore as a groomsman at a Halloween wedding and I''ll buy him a black half mask.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I would try vintage shops, if you have any around you. They could have the right dress and the hairpin. (Definitely etsy for the pin, if not, though).

Do the dresses have to be the same? You could try Unique Vintage or the Frock with a hefty budget. I, though, would rent one from a costume shop. Any costume shop will have flapper dresses and you can actually rent your BM dress, which I think is every BM''s fantasy.

The best wedding I ever went to was a Halloween costume ball. I hope your friend''s is just as fun!
36.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ebay, baby! You can find anything there.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results