shape
carat
color
clarity

BM dresses almost chosen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
Last weekend of BM dress shopping was mucho stressful. But I think I finally came to a decision. We will be going to the bridal shop to order, but wanted to get your input before it is final final. All my girls are petite (all around 5'2''), and these will be in powder blue.

My MOH will be wearing this strapless dress. She is petite and thin:
Strapless

The rest of them will be wearing this one. I personally love the look of this better than the strapless one. They all love the strapless better than halter I think, but I think this design is much cuter. :)
Halter

If you need to remember, my dress is the Mori Lee one in this post. :) I did it this way because my MOH really doesn't look good in halter and I really didn't like the "has been done" look of the strapless one. The rest of them look better in the halter dress too, in my opinion. What do you think? :)

RivaraM1976

Rough_Rock
I think the dresses are beautiful!
But, and I only say this because they look identical, have to checked out the prices at http://www.dresscodeformal.com ? They have several styles that look like that.

Sorry if i''m interfering, but I can''t believe more people don''t know about this site. I''m learning about that through my own planning process!

Good luck and great choices!
35.gif

JR320

Shiny_Rock
I think they are both really cute! I also like the halter, its a little different. I would be happy to wear that dress. The powder blue is nice too.

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone. Do you think halter is a weird idea? I''m not sure if I want to look different from the bridesmaids or kind of similar... If I want to go for a similar look I would choose strapless.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I love that halter dress... I chose it for one of my BM dresses too!

My MOH is wearing morilee 744 halter

My two sisters who need bra strap coverage are wearing morilee 427 vneck

My other two BM's are wearing the halter you posted. It's really fun and doesn't look cheaply made like some other bridesmaid dresses I have seen in the same low price range. My BM's are wearing "pool" which is a light aqua color.

I would have chosen powder blue too except the 427 dress didn't come in that color.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love the halter dress! But I''m a tad biased because I''m an "anything BUT strapless" kind of girl. Anyway, if the girls want the dresses to be strapless after the wedding, they could always get the halter straps removed.

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
My bridesmaids are wearing Mori Lee too, the 744! I think both of the dresses are really cute, and they will look great together and with your wedding dress. I definitely don''t think you need all the same neckline.

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, everybody!!! It's nice to know that there are people with similar tastes as me. My BMs didn't like the halter, but I think it's partly because the sample was really big (a size 12) and wasn't an accurate representation for any of their bodies.

I paid for them today... But I have until Monday to decide the accurate sizes. So I have another question to all of you with Mori Lee BM dresses (or wedding gowns):

How small do they run?

I was under the range of 2 for Mori Lee wedding gown when I ordered it, but I can barely get into it (I almost ruined the zipper!). It fits up to the waistline (which is where I took the measurement at), but between the bust and the waist, it's too small. At the bust it's too big. It depresses me every time I go to this bridal shop because they tell me that you can't take out Mori Lee to be bigger (I ordered from RK, not them) because she cuts all the extra seam and ML naturally runs small. T_T What an encouragement, huh?

So when I went to order the BM dresses today, I had the same dilemma... My MOH who is really thin (but her body frame is more built than myself, because she's a runner), ordered a size 2. She falls in size 2 range for bust and hip, but she falls in the range of 4 for the waist. I am worried for her that it won't fit.

I am leaner than my sister, but three people who measured her said she's a 2. Everyone says we should get a 4 for her just in case, but I just don't know. :(

Sorry I'm so rambly today, but I'm in need of sympathy/wise words from those who have experienced ML dresses.
Is it really true that you can't take out Mori Lee to fit you? You have to alter yourself? (I don't think I can lose any weight between bust and waist though... It's my bone structure that doesn't fit in.) Or can a really good seamstress work magic? Have you had a similar experience with a small ML dress?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the halterneck dress. I think it''s gorgeous. As for sizing, we went with Mori Lee BM''s dresses also and I ordered them the bigger size for the waist. I know that I''ll have to get them taken in at the bust but I''d rather that than have them too small for them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results