shape
carat
color
clarity

BM dress FRUSTRATION!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
This whole bm dress finding/buying is just a big pain in my you know what! It took forever to pick a dress, finally I do and it''s at virtually no locations. Even when one store says it''s at another location, it''s not there. This is too much!!! I really just want to give up!
I went to DB and another place to try on Alfred Angelo stuff and just didn''t like the material and styles at all! I liked the wed. dresses at David''s but not the bm dresses.
So I just don''t know what to do. I really wanted to be able to try on the dress first so I''ve avoided just having them order from some store and who knows what it will really look like, feel like or how it will fit that particular bm.

Please help!
Have you ordered online? I am looking for a fairly simple, cocktail length black dress. If you found one, where did you find it? Please include a pic of the dress if you can. Also, did the ordering online work out for everyone?

I really feel like this whole bm dress process has just been so difficult and not fun at all!!!!!!!!!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dixie! I know what you''re going through! I wanted tea length inexpensive black dresses that the girls could wear again. We found ours at Macy''s, but finding them for all the girls (who live all over the country) was really hard. If you haven''t already, I suggest contacting the manufacturer. Other department stores probably carry the same dress and it might be easier to find there. I found that TJ Maxx and Dillards (a Macy''s-type store here in OH) both carried mine. We ended up getting them all from Macy''s, but it was a few very frustrating weeks until we had everyone''s.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
hey dixie, I am doing black cocktail dresses as my bm dresses. i don''t know what style you are looking for. my wedding will be pretty casual, so i bought mine at white house black market. you can see all their stuff at whitehouseblackmarket.com

cara

Ideal_Rock
Do you need expanded size ranges ie. 18+ or could you potentially get a dress off the rack? Jcrew and AnnTaylor both do bridesmaid dresses and, while they must often be ordered online before trying them on, they will actually take them back or change the size if it comes in wrong. As long as your girls credit cards could handle it, they could order 2 or 3 and return the ones they don''t like. Their advertised BM dresses are a little pricy ($165+) but Jcrew has these embossed cotton beach dresses that are really cute for about $100. They are very wearable, though the standard idea that jcrew isn''t great for busty girls applied.

I was tempted to do silk dresses from aria or siri, and just subsidize it a bit to bring the price down because I was so frustrated. Aria has a lot of pictures of their dresses on real people so you can get an idea of what they look like. My cheaper choice was probably this dress from Jasmine''s B2 line that looks a bit cheap and ridiculous on the model but really good on real people.

I was totally stressing out over the BM dress ordering too... At some point, I think if you are doing a traditional BM dress ordering you just have to do your best to pick something you think would look decent and go with that. One thing that helped a little was looking at people''s bios on the knot to see what real women looked like in various dresses. Certain dresses just do a better job on the average person.

B2dress.jpg

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dixie,

Why don''t you try jcrew? My BMs are scattered across the state, I had them try on Jcrew dresses so I''d know their size. Then we waited to the dresses to go on sale, hehe. My BMs are wearing a seasonal color, Holiday Red from the Winter 06 collection. I don''t see the black dresses on sale as often as the seasonal ones though...

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! Sometimes you just need to vent!!
Robbie, thank you for your suggestion to go to the manufacturer. I called and left a message so hopefully that will help. I''m not going to give up on the dress yet but boy am I close! The dress I found is at Macy''s too and my bm''s are also all over. It has been a frustrating week or so already so I hope to solve this problem asap. I am also finding that some stores that supposedly have the dress can''t seem to locate it when I call. UGH!

Kali, I have looked at whbm but didn''t see anything I really liked. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Cara, just regular sizes so I do think I can order off the rack. I will look at Ann Taylor and Jcrew but am trying to stay under $150. Also, 2 of the 4 girls aren''t the standard jcrew size so I''m not sure it would work. I''ve looked at Aria and I think I will look again. Good suggestion about the knot, I never thought of that!

Trelala, I took a look at Jcrew but they are just too expensive. I wish they were cheaper though b/c there is a big selection of black dresses.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I found part of the problem. I spoke to Evan Picone and the dress is a last season dress and it''s been in stores for awhile so that''s why it''s so hard to locate. UGH! I still haven''t decided if I''m giving up on it or not.
What a pain!

cara

Ideal_Rock
You mean two of the women might be larger-busted? Oh well. The jcrew dresses that are reasonalbe budget wise are the embossed beach dresses below for about $100-125 and...

JcrewBeachAllSmall.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
...the silk chiffon dresses here for around $165 full price but they may go on sale. If they are just moderately well endowed, the sophia on the right might work as you can wear a normal bra with it. But if they are super-busty maybe not.

JcrewChiffon.jpg

niku414

Rough_Rock
sorry that you are having so much problems with ur BM dresses --- i did some searching on amazon.com for "black dress" and they have quite a few... i''m going to post some that caught my eye and are under $60 :)

amazon-cowlneck.jpg

niku414

Rough_Rock
another one:

amazon-rockabilly.jpg

niku414

Rough_Rock
i like this one - just because they are available is so many colors :)

amazon-strapless-bridesmaid.jpg

niku414

Rough_Rock
there are about 300 more dresses under the search "black dress" --

amazon-vneck.jpg

niku414

Rough_Rock
this one is only 39.99 (on sale right now ) -- at amazon.com

amazon-charmeuse.jpg

niku414

Rough_Rock
last one! this one goes for $59

amazon-embellished.jpg

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Cara and Niku!
I am having little luck finding my dress so I''m still searching for others. This is becoming just depressing! Plus, I have been on hold for so long w/Macy''s in various states that my cell phone died.
TGIF!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results