shape
carat
color
clarity

BM Dress/ Color Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I have begun the task of choosing bridesmaid dresses and am having a problem finding dresses that are in the color I am looking for. I was hoping to do a sage-y olive-y green with white and black. I really like the olivine color from Davids Bridal (pics to follow) but the styles it comes in are not so great. I like the color because it is a little untraditional, but not super out there because my venue is very traditional. The wedding is in August.

So, what would you do? Add in an accent color for the Bridesmaids dresses? Maybe an dark purple or mauvey color? Settle with a green that is a little too ''army'' or too typical wedding-y sage/celadon.

First, a pic of my venue.

Rialto1.5.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the color that I like, just not the style. Has anyone seen this color somewhere else? To complicate matters, I have a range of sizes from 2-26, so we can''t just go off the rack, and some lines only go up to 24.

olive dresses.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I also like this dress color, but the sizing doesn''t go large enough.

Keane2.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
after six has a beautiful green in satin (labeled olive) that appears to match your first color. I''m not sure if it''s pretty on the web site, but in person, I loved it. I couldn''t find any dresses in that line for my VERY well endowed sisters though. I was also considering having a green bridesmaid dress if I can find the right shade of green, so I''ll post more if I come across pretty shades.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried David''s Bridal? they have a color that is similar.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Guilty, I saw that color too, but had the same issues as you with fit.

Taovandel, Thanks! The first green is actually the one from David''s, but unfortunately they only have 3 dresses in that color and none of them are going to work for my group of girls.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
First off I want to say what a great venue you found, it''s stunning!

I don''t know what this place has in terms of colors, but they custom-make all their dresses! So I would guess they could send you a swatch book or something, but it would also allow for beautifully tailored dresses for all your girls.

Rhyme Couture Bridesmaid dress

Anyway, I came across this website while I was doing my own dress shopping and thought it might be helpful.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Don''t thank me--I just read your original post and you put in that you looked at David''s Bridal! DUH!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I feel like sage has been done, and done to death for weddings.

I would think that in that room, something like plum or bold.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say your venue is stunning
30.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
THanks for the venue compliments! We chose it for its uniqueness.

Italiahaircolor - I agree that sage is on the overdone side for weddings, but unfortunately I love green
emsad.gif
That is why I was kicking around the idea of a more olive, to try to make it a little more new...

I came across this picture today and LOVE this look of flowers and dresses, Is it too modern a style for my venue though?

leonie grace dresses.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully this is bigger.

leonie grace dresses2.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 3:28:54 PM
Author: Morgie44
THanks for the venue compliments! We chose it for its uniqueness.

Italiahaircolor - I agree that sage is on the overdone side for weddings, but unfortunately I love green
emsad.gif
That is why I was kicking around the idea of a more olive, to try to make it a little more new...

I came across this picture today and LOVE this look of flowers and dresses, Is it too modern a style for my venue though?
NO! Mixing the modern with the traditional is fantastic...I love the idea so much!!!!

If you want green...what about something like a shade or so off of kiwi...which will be more modern, and flatter the flowers.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Those green bouquets are awesome. Imagine them in front of a deep purple dress. delicious contrast while not jarring with the surroundings. I love the black and white dresses; they look great on those tiny girls. My BFF is also a size 26 so I wanted her to be comfortable and feel glamorous, after trying on everything that we could find. We decided that involved straps and full length with a waist that flattered her curves. I have hated wearing short bm dresses, but I''m 5''10"ish and just feel like a hooker standing up there with the virginal looking bride...just my .02 there. Those dresses could be great, but not on every bod.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 10:32:40 AM
Author: Morgie44
Here is the color that I like, just not the style. Has anyone seen this color somewhere else? To complicate matters, I have a range of sizes from 2-26, so we can''t just go off the rack, and some lines only go up to 24.

olive%20dresses.jpg
Oh, I LOVE that color, and that''s actually my favorite dress carried at David''s Bridal! I would totally wear that dress again (coming from a VERY picky dresser, here!). Are you sure it won''t work for your girls? Drat.

I think the other options are nice as well, I agree that the deep plum with the green bouquets (like swimmer suggested) sounds delicious.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Siri has a wide range of fabrics and colors, and their dresses are custom made so I''m sure they outfit your whole party. However, they so use silk rather than man-made fabrics, so the pricing will be higher than David''s.

http://www.siriinc.com/br-9441.html

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results