shape
carat
color
clarity

Blueroses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey!

You know what you have to do when you pop back in? Start your own thread!!!!!!!I would have been so sad if I had missed the pictures, the story, etc, only came accross you by luck after having seeing Deco''s thread on her Kitty. And you''ve added yourself to the list. Yea! Now you are obligated to pop back in more often, so we can see your special blue dog. I''ve been thinking about you, wondering how it was going with your new man. I''m so so happy that you have found someone that makes you happy. You have been through a lot, and there is no one that deserves it more. I hope your stay is short on that list (VERY SHORT).

Tell us what else you''ve been doing! We know about the younger man
31.gif
31.gif
but what about you? Your job? Everything else going well?

I''m just thrilled to see the pics and know that you''re doing well!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh Blue! I am soooo happy to see you again! Your story gave me strength when I had to end things when I was last on PS in 2006 and got taken off the list. I recently came back, and your story sounds almost identical to ours! I am thrilled to hear you have found the ONE, and when you know, you just know. H and I have only been together since New Years as well, but this man is it, he is mine!

You two look so perfect together! Oh I cannot wait to see you around and hear more. Welcome back lady!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooooooohhhh ally called you out!!
3.gif
Spill the details... we miss you. Congrats on #127 hehehe
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know you were back on the list! That''s so exciting! I want to know more!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just read your update in the LIW list thread and I grinned from ear to ear at how utterly happy and excited you sound! Plus your honey is a B-A-B-E!
31.gif
CONGRATS on finding true love, and may your life together keep growing happier and more full of love!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
ACK!! I totally missed this! I''m glad I checked in on Ally''s residency-good-news thread! Hi guys!
35.gif
35.gif

Ladies, it is so nice to be back on here. I don''t have a ton of time to spend like before, but it just makes me SO HAPPY to see everyone''s progress....people who were LIW back in the day now are mommies, etc. The eye candy doesn''t hurt either, but it''s always the people.

I''m GREAT! My sweetie and I set up a joint savings "setting" account yesterday....so we are officially in planning/saving/custom E-ring setting mode!! We have been to one big B&M chain just to see things in person (he''s never done anything like this before), and we have focused in on what we want. Now we just need to visit a couple more local people, in addition to WF and some other online vendors...we''re definitely going custom (we have a stone) so we need to know what our savings target is. I''ll probably post a thread in rockytalky soon, b/c I KNOW I am going to need assistance from you experts. You guys might be surprised that my tastes have changed a tad! I will always be a pave-halo-whore, but.....we probably aren''t going exactly in that direction. Close, but more simple....and more me, if I''m being honest, I think. I have an EC stone from a family friend''s ring (she left my sister and me two rings: the EC with 4 baguettes in palladium, and a 3-stone OEC ring. My sister used the latter to make a pendant and earrings when she married.)

Anyway.....I have always been a step-cut nut--as you guys know!!--but I''ve realized that after ALL the years of drooling? I''m not meant to have an asscher. I have grown to love this EC stone SO much, and after some trying on: asschers don''t look good on me! My fingers are too stubby. They are so freaking (I''m sorry "kicken") gorgeous, but they just look wrong on me in a way that the elongated profile of an EC doesn''t. So there''s that. (He also couldn''t remember how to say "asscher" and kept saying, "what is it? asscrack?" Teehee.

So re: setting stuff. BF had to play a gig out of town about a month ago, and said at the airport, "when I get back, I want to talk about settings." I didn''t bring it up right away (rightfully gunshy, right?!) and finally after a couple of weeks he was like, "weren''t you going to show me stuff??" And I was like, "do you REALLY want to?" and he was like, "YOU are silly." So he got the nutshell PS tutorial. We looked at a lot of pictures/bookmarks/threads that I''d been saving up since we got serious, and he REALLY responded and got into the vocabulary and is really excited about it. And I actually like his suggestions a lot.
What I thought I wanted for sure: a) pave on the shank, pave bezeled halo. (e.g. ritani endless love, James Allen denhov)
What he suggested we look at too: b) pave shank BUT w/ metal bezel/halo (like Lauren''s or neatfreak''s, plus pave band)
c) pave bezel halo BUT w/ metal shank (like some Tacoris out there, or Tawn''s/MINE''s.)

We had these three things in mind when we went to (of all things) Robbins Bros. We knew we certainly weren''t buying, but it was great for him to see thigns in real-life size, not magnified 20x. I was SO surprised by how strongly I reacted to a really lovely bezel-set RB, and also to a Tacori-haloed-EC with a plain band.

We still probably want to do CADS of options b and c, but I find myself leaning towards b--which is also his fave (though he was VERY proud of himself for thought up option c and then having me like it in person!) Long before I discovered PS, I once was really REALLY drawn to a simple bezel ring. Perhaps even more than my usual micropave/antique-y MO, it''s the strongest in person visceral reaction to a ring I ever had. PLUS? I''m a huge klutz. HUGE. I have phantom bruises all the time, knock my stuff around. A plain bezel (or metal halo, semantics) is probably smart for me.

SO....we need CADS, need to choose, and need to know our exact saving target once we have some quotes.
What we KNOW is that we want:
1) bezel (no prongs)
2) THIN, THIN band....if it can be thinner than 2mm, that''s great.
3) pretty side profile that kind of swoops up
4) WB sits flush (we''re both doing plain bands)
5) If we go with no pave in the halo, then VERY small, 1-sided pave (like .5pt) in the shank, only part way around--like, less than semi-eternity.

The only variables are Plat/WG...we''re leaning towards plat, but price IS an issue.

I''m going to have to start a RT thread soon, this is ridoc! Sorry, gals--TMI!

One other thing: The existing setting and baguettes are lovely, and I do NOT have a need for them....I''m wondering if some vendors would accept trade in, at least for the baguettes? Hard to say, but if it defrayed the cost at all, that''d be great...I''ve looked at them through my loupe (well, of COURSE I have) and they''re lovely.

So....once the setting is done, we''re hoping to get engaged soon. He has given a drop-deadline of the end of the calendar year, but I suspect it''s closer to the end of summer. We would love to get married next May 1 (since it''s a 1st--and therefore an anniversary--and a Saturday.) BUT....we are going to be on a surrrrious budget. So a Saturday may not be ideal. We''ll see. We want to come up with three workable budgets so that if need be, we could go with option c which would be just us paying for the WHOLE thing, probably just cake, champagne, maybe some super light appis. My parents lost a ton of their retirement and I already know they''ll have far less than 1/2 to offer what they spent on my sister''s still-modest wedding in 1999. And PLUS? They''re trying to couch that they clearly feel bad about that in silly other excuses, like, oh, I''m OLD. So....if I''d actually married the ex at 32/33 they''d have paid for that absolute disaster, but OH NO! At 35/36 it''s just silly. It''s absurd, but the fact that my sis was 28 and I''ll be going on 36 is not a legitimate excuse. Blame it on the economy, THAT I get. Make it about my making different choices? Nuh-uh. So, needless to say, my honey and I want to have an option where we ask them for NOTHING and therefore they can dictate NOTHING. I''ve started some serious budget research and I''m pretty inspired! That will be a BWW thread sometime. But we already have some serious hook-ups. It might not be fully on the cheap (that''d be $50 at the County courthouse, which is gorgeous here--on the water, etc....but we want to be married in our church), but it WILL be simple.

Ok: most narcissistic post ever. Sorry.

Things are good. I''m taking a show break after doing 3 consecutive/concurrent plays over the last six months, so for now just some staged readings....nothing full-fledged until the fall. Since I was on PS back in the day, things are just better for me: I''m much more integrated into the theatre world here, I love my jobs: I''m teaching playwriting in city schools and run the kids'' program at an Episcopal church 1/2 time. The church-lady thing is a little random, but it''s been so good for me. We do a lot of drama with the kids, I make my own hours, for the most part, and.....yeah, I met my future husband. (He''s one of the paid soloists in the choir. So we can say we met at church, but we''re both paid to be there.)
2.gif

I have a niece now! My sister had my little yummy girl in March of 08.

My little Mattie (my elderly miniature poodle) went to doggie heaven in June of 07. That was one of the last real ties between my ex and me, as we''d been sharing custody. We tried to be friends for a while, but.....kind of too hard. I know from facebook that he has a girlfriend now (I changed to "in a relationship" first, though. HA!) and I am truly happy for him. I hope he''s able to be the kind of person I know he''d like to be. But it is NOT my problem.

I still adore my RHR....the fact that I''ve loved this bezel so much (ok, bead-set in the bezel, but still) just underscores how excited I am with the new e-ring possibilities.

Ummmm?

More news as it happens. Will definitely be starting an e-ring "help us!" thread very soon in Rockytalky. DBF and I are still getting settled into our new place, getting books on shelves, caught up on LOST, and eating entirely too much.

Thanks for the shoutout, Ally! And Hi guys!

Yeah... I think the addiction is back.
38.gif
38.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Also? After I explained the Patrick Swayze-blue poodle-Dirty Dancing avatar to my honey, he kind of sheepishly said....

".....so....um....when we get engaged, will you make your avatar a picture of our RIIIINNNG?" Very cute.
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 9:53:50 PM
Author: blueroses
Also? After I explained the Patrick Swayze-blue poodle-Dirty Dancing avatar to my honey, he kind of sheepishly said....

''.....so....um....when we get engaged, will you make your avatar a picture of our RIIIINNNG?'' Very cute.
9.gif

very cute..

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Blueroses!!

When you have a thread after you, then you are SUPPOSED to post ALL_ABOUT you! That`s the whole theme of the thread. Oh my gosh, progress, and progress and progress. Emerald cut are beautiful. I love asscher''s but those things are just so darn small for their carat size. And when I see a thread that mentions the word RING, I want to see some inspiration pics. I''m not wordy. Very visual. Need to see a collage or something.

As for your ex, well I can''t imagine you being friends. You gave it everything you had while you were together. Now you need to move on with your life. Incidently, your honey as no commitement issues whatsoever. When it''s right, it''s right. By the end of the year!!! Crazy. So thrilled for you. Can''t wait for the happy ending. Keep us updated.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 9:51:56 PM
Author: blueroses
I''ve started some serious budget research and I''m pretty inspired! That will be a BWW thread sometime. But we already have some serious hook-ups. It might not be fully on the cheap (that''d be $50 at the County courthouse, which is gorgeous here--on the water, etc....but we want to be married in our church), but it WILL be simple.

hey on the subject of budget cuttings, david''s bridal is having a huge sale on bridal gowns from may 9-25. i believe the deal is $300 off any dress in the store, with prices ending up as low as $99. also no payments/no interest for a year if you get the store''s credit card.

my friends and i are going out tonight to shove me in all sorts of white monstrosities
37.gif
and although my engagement is still pending i talked to my boy about it and when i told him about the sale he agreed that it''s a good idea to try to find one. that and he finds it cute for me to tell him as much about the experience of having giant white dresses pulled down over my head and having them pulled off. claims i''ve gone "girly"

congrats on the awesome boy!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update Blue! How exciting! Isn't it wonderful when life comes together and you have true happiness! I like ally, am a visual person, photo collage! Ahem, when you have time
28.gif
I also can't get over how the two of us came back at about the same time! I don't follow RT that much, but perhaps I need to start if that is where you are going for help! There assistance when I designed my graduation pendant was invaluable! And yes, KEEP US UPDATED! Don't feel like a narcissist, although I have since getting engaged the way I walk around throwing my finger in peoples faces and squealing, I'm engaged!

HUGS for Happiness!

(yes I am that cheesy)

ETA: We could co-host a budget thread in BWW. Our budget is super low, unless his parents magically help out. Although given there comments yesterday, I would be a fool to hold my breath!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I saw that Fisherofmengirly was asking about me in ilovesparkle''s thread. HI!
35.gif

I''ll have to look around, but there''s a thread from December--that I either started or replied to? Where I told the long sordid tale
3.gif
of my previous relationship''s demise and why I disappeared for over two years.

I think the PS dust is good stuff, because not three weeks after popping back onto PS did I start dating my BF...with whom I''ve been visiting jewelers and getting quotes over the last week!!! Good stuff. Long time coming. I''ll be starting a RT thread soon.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
blueroses- you are so cute! OF COURSE, as ally said, this thread should be all about you. We are so happy for you and love hearing about your giddy excitement
9.gif
I''m going to check out the thread about your ring-to-be.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ok!

We have CADS!! (And I''ve also posted pictures of the stone in its current home...some farewell shots.)

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/feedback-advice-wanted-custom-engagement-setting-search-for-ec-with-bezel-and-pave-t115153-30.html

Just wanted to share. Love seeing all the recent engagements here!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I went and looked through the other thread, YAY!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
There is champagne in the fridge.

He's posted on FB that he's "excited about date night tomorrow" and "wants to be done!"

I've had to clear out of the apartment for periods of time over the last few weeks (with the warning that our impending engagement, my 35th, and our 6 "monthiversary" coming...he would have to have some time to be secretive.) He gave a three month window, but....there's been a lot of secret "errand-ing."

This COULD just be some super secret awesome thing for my birthday next week. But I'm CERTAIN the ring is ready by now.

Either way....seeing the champagne in the fridge (which was not there when we grocery-shopped on Tuesday) was like, OH!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
And p.s.....whenever the time DOES come for me, I know I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to the many, MANY posters on here who''ve been so supportive of me, now and in the past. I just now went and looked at my from-another-life-ago "are you sitting down" thread...and the story is so old that it doesn''t hurt me anymore. What DID move me were all these wonderful names from my PS past, and recalling the whole virtual cheering squad I had.

So....thanks.
35.gif
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to stalk my own thread--I meant to just edit the earlier one and it doesn''t want me to.

Forgot to mention: In ADDITION to the champagne in the fridge, I was also handed fresh batteries and reminded to bring my camera on date night.

Maybe this is smoke and mirrors to deflect and confuse? Why all the secrecy if he''s going to drop huge hints? Hmmmm.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
well you know the drill for if it happens
28.gif
, so duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssstttttttttt!
and it''s adorable how excited he''s getting
5.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...any news?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
blue- So excited for you! I was just trying to poke around and see if the ring was done yet. Sounds like it IS and you''re going to be engaged so soon
36.gif
Might he be trying to throw you off, though? Boys can be SO obvious (mine) but it seems like displaying it on facebook might be pushing it a bit.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
All of that and he STILL tricked you. He is an impressive man, indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results