shape
carat
color
clarity

"Blue" weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Post all your blue themed ideas here! There are more than a few of us "happy in blue" brides!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Here''s an Alfred Angelo dress with beautiful blue embrodiery. and I''m totally digging the hydrangea bouquet.

blueaadress.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
My blue bouquet!

thebouquet2.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Another pretty light blue hydrangea bouquet:

lighthydrang.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
YAY BLUE!
9.gif

Don''t have anything to add myself at the moment, but just wanted to say hi to my blue buddies!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Okay I''m back!
3.gif
Here''s a blue bridesmaid dress I fell in love with online! But when I sent my MOH to Nordstrom to try it on, she said it looked pretty cheap in person...
39.gif
But still - it''s an idea!
9.gif
Link

bluebrownnordstrombridesmaid.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a blue bouquet with red accents, but I love that deep blue color! And I may or may not want to stick a teeeensy bit of red in my bouquet....

blue_bouquet2.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I''m doing navy and white, so here is a collage of dresses I''ve saved. A few of these have already been purchased, a few other are current options, and the shoes are just a dream of mine, I think!

I told my girls they could pick any navy "sundress" style dress they wanted. And whatever shoes they want. I know some people think it will look weird, but I think it is cool. I like mixing patterns and styles. And I don''t care if all of the navy shades are the same or not -- though several girls are going the jcrew route, so they will be close. My sister and another BM are both preggers (due in December), so they have to wait. I told them they could do a skirt and top or even nice pants and top (my sis), if they want. As long as it''s navy!

A plus? All the navy jcrew dresses are on sale right now, and they come up on ebay too!

navybmdresscollage copy.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
oh -- ebree, i really like that dress. kind of similar to the ones my girls wore. looks flattering for a lot of body types.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 3:20:45 PM
Author: fatafelice
I'm doing navy and white, so here is a collage of dresses I've saved. A few of these have already been purchased, a few other are current options, and the shoes are just a dream of mine, I think!

I told my girls they could pick any navy 'sundress' style dress they wanted. And whatever shoes they want. I know some people think it will look weird, but I think it is cool. I like mixing patterns and styles. And I don't care if all of the navy shades are the same or not -- though several girls are going the jcrew route, so they will be close. My sister and another BM are both preggers (due in December), so they have to wait. I told them they could do a skirt and top or even nice pants and top (my sis), if they want. As long as it's navy!

A plus? All the navy jcrew dresses are on sale right now, and they come up on ebay too!

6.gif
*DROOLS*

They're all fabulous. I wear a lot of navy blue, so those dresses are *right* up my alley. My favorites are #2 and #3. Where, if I may ask, did you find them?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 3:21:04 PM
Author: lovelylulu
oh -- ebree, i really like that dress. kind of similar to the ones my girls wore. looks flattering for a lot of body types.

They do look similar to yours! I loved your BM dress choice. I think what's cool about that look is that it's funky and appropriate without looking like an obvious bridesmaid dress, you know?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some blue, or blue-inclusive, flower pics. for my bouquet, I''m going to mix in whites, lavenders,peaches, etc, but I love blue delphiniums and tweedia, too!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i was trying to strike that balance -- appropriate, but not overly BM -- that is a great find. Is it pricey?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Darn, I forgot to attach! Here they are!

blueflowercollage copy.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE all of those fata! Into the file they go!
9.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 3:23:24 PM
Author: EBree

6.gif
*DROOLS*

They''re all fabulous. I wear a lot of navy blue, so those dresses are *right* up my alley. My favorites are #2 and #3. Where, if I may ask, did you find them?

2 and 3 (two in the middle on top?) are both jcrew. The ella floral dress (large print) is out of stock, but I just won one on ebay for my MOH for $60. The smocked cabana dress, is still available in limited sizes on the site, I think. If not, check ebay.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if I am going to be able to do anything like this, but I love these napkins with ribbons.

blue napkins and ribbons.JPG

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
If ONLY I could convince FI to wear seersucker pants! hehe

seersucker pants and blazer.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
But it'll probably be more like this:

ETA: But not with daisies...like the seersucker, he's too manly for daisies. Just ask him.

linen suit jacket blue tie.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
OH OH OH our whole wedding has a blue theme too it!!!! were acceting with different shades of blue! heres my dress!
some of you may have already seen it but i just love showing it off!
seatile052.jpg

lelaweddingdress006.jpg

our cake toppers!!! were putting them in a tub on top of the cake they'll have bubbles all around them and the top of the cake will look like a tiled floor lol!
wedding-rubber-duckies.jpg

I wish i had a pic of the cake but i can describe it, its three tiers all white buttercream frosting, with blue handwriting around the cake with our favorite sayings

my inspiration for my bouquet, but i would put more yellow in it and dark pink perhaps
82_1_b.jpg

we just started planning as of monday so its just the beggining,I do know what our favors are though..............blue and yellow M&Ms! personalized!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
well,
we haven''t officially booked the venue yet, but are going on Sept 9th and will hopefully finalize things then.
if all works according to plan, i too will be a blue bride since the room we''ll be socializing in after the ceremony has mainly blue decor!
one of the potential caterers we may use "warned" me of that- but lucky me- blue is my Fave color!

with an autumn wedding, i was planning to have my 3 sisters wear some shade of blue for the bridesmaid''s dresses.

How about a Blue Whale punch- blue curacao, lemonade, and i can''t remember what else.
that could be a little too blue however (electric blue!)

I love the blue hydrangeas, and also i think silver/platinum make wonderful accents to a blue theme.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I think that my colors will be blue, champagne and ivory (all compliment FH''s tartan), but I''m still not entirely sure.

Better Homes and Gardens (www.bhg.com) has a bunch of pretty bouquets:
ss_100444963.jpg

ss_100433418.jpg

ss_100433417.jpg

ss_WeddingBatch1_042.jpg

From Kendall''s Cakes:
cake14.jpg

Ebree, I added that bouquet into my folder. Love it!

Oh, and I''m on the lookout for some dressy blue flats. If anyone sees some, please let me know!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 6:38:31 PM
Author: Blenheim
I think that my colors will be blue, champagne and ivory (all compliment FH's tartan), but I'm still not entirely sure.

Better Homes and Gardens (www.bhg.com) has a bunch of pretty bouquets:

ss_100444963.jpg

I love this bouquet too! Thanks Blen! *Save*

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
love the boquet, too. My wedding will be shades of blue(navy blue, iced/silvery blue, blue(like the little icons below)) I''m also going to use ivory, slight green and silver to break the flow in places.

A few things I''m doing
navy blue invitation with blue font
blue heels for me
we''re having a signature frozen drink(Houston in the afternoon is hot!) turned blue

my imagination is limitless so we''ll see

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 3:20:45 PM
Author: fatafelice
I''m doing navy and white, so here is a collage of dresses I''ve saved. A few of these have already been purchased, a few other are current options, and the shoes are just a dream of mine, I think!

I told my girls they could pick any navy ''sundress'' style dress they wanted. And whatever shoes they want. I know some people think it will look weird, but I think it is cool. I like mixing patterns and styles. And I don''t care if all of the navy shades are the same or not -- though several girls are going the jcrew route, so they will be close. My sister and another BM are both preggers (due in December), so they have to wait. I told them they could do a skirt and top or even nice pants and top (my sis), if they want. As long as it''s navy!

FFF--
Good for you!
I let all my bridesmaids choose their own blue dresses too! It worked out great for us.
I also own the big print JCrew dress. Can I be one of your bms? tee hee.

Tybee

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Blue was one of the more dominant colors in our wedding... as well as hydrangeas!

Cake...

njccake2.JPG

Back of my girls dresses...

the_ladies.jpg

Centerpeice at reception...

centerpiece_njc2.jpg

Everyone had blue hydrangeas...

exit_crop.JPG

Cover of wedding program...

njc_back.JPG

Other blue things that I dont have pictures of at the moment...
- Blue ribbon tied around bubble bottles
- Cookie favors / placecards had blue icing and blue tags
- Table cards were similar to wedding program and had blue lettering
- Direction cards inside of invitation had blue outline and header text

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found this... thought it might be of interest.

blue orchid bouquet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results