shape
carat
color
clarity

blue sapphire ring and pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Well here is the story of my sapphires, they belonged to my grandmother given to her by my grandfather. I am unsure of the carat weight on either piece. The pendant is a slightly lighter blue than the ring. The pendant is in perfect condition but the ring has some dings on the sapphire. I have a few questions, is it possible to recut a sapphire and how much does that usually cost also based on the pictures could someone give me an approximate carat weight. Both are set in yellow gold, antique looking.

alex123984.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
one more

alex14567.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
and another

alex2462.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
last one

alexside4333.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that pendant is phenomenal! I saw the ring in the other thread too - lovely. I haven''t had any recutting done but asking Wink or Richard Homer is a good suggestion.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow! they are both very lovely- and even moreso being family heirlooms. I''m afraid that I am not of much help with the recutting though either. They both look quite nice as they are now though, I think!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are just beautiful. Love the color of those sapphires. I hope the experts can answer your question.

Linda

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Those look pretty - why dont you take them to an appraiser first and see what you''ve got there. I personally think it would be a shame to re cut old stones like that...they''d look so different. I might be the only one here but I dont care for Homer''s cuts at all. All his stones look exactly alike with that very spikey faceting look. It''s the same cut on every stone I''ve seen him do. I know some people like that but on an old cut like yours, part of the charm is the old style faceting...just my opinion though. Get them appraised and let us know what the appraiser says. If you''ve got real, untreated sapphires from, say, Kashmir, I dont think you''d want to mess with them because they''d be quite a find, aside from the sentimental value of course!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results