shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile vs. other Online Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeff

Rough_Rock
I was looking at Blue Nile''s Signature princess cuts and wondered why their prices were so much higher. I''m looking for a Very well cut SI1-VS2, G-H, .90-.99 Princess. All of their diamonds in this range were around 5,000$-5,500, the same prices I received at the Robbins Brothers. Are Blue Nile''s diamonds that much better than the cheaper competitors or just over priced?
confused.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jeff!
wavey.gif

Blue Nile tends to be a bit pricey as compared to other Price Scope vendors.
2.gif

You should check out the Princess Cut Chart if you haven't seen it. Go to the Tutorial homepage (link above), at the bottom of the left hand side bar are links to Cut Charts. Or, you can go to www.gemappraisers.com for the AGA Princess Cut chart. The Cut Chart will be a big help in selecting a well cut diamond.
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Look at it this way...someone is buying at their asking prices - otherwise those wouldn't be their asking prices.

English Novice

Rough_Rock
Blue Nile certainly does seem to be more expensive than some others on Pricescope, but they do have an excellent reputation so for some it may be worth paying more for 'peace of mind'.
Incidentally, other Pricescope vendors that seem to tend towards the expensive include Mondera and JewelryZone.
However, if you see a diamond sold by multiple vendors on Pricescope, I'd recommend going to your favourite vendor (Blue Nile/ whoever) and seeing if they'd be prepared to match the lowest price for the same diamond.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I am biased toward vendors who post here and contibute to the education of the Amateurs. Give one of them a chance over OOblay Islenay.

greengator

Rough_Rock
There are two kinds of internet diamond dealers, the ones who own their inventories and the ones who don't and only list and markup stones from a common database.

I won't buy from the second kind of vendors just because they don't know anything more about the stone than the certs and it has been a pain in the back to get any useful information like Sarin report back.

The first kind of vendors, like Nice Ice and Good Old Gold, on the other hand, have the diamonds in stock and have every kinds of report/analysis available. All you have to do is ask. Some vendors like Nice Ice only pick and sell the most ideal stones. Since one can't see the stone before hand, one can only rely on certs and Sarin reports to decide which stone to choose and the more information the better.

Personally I had excellenet experience with Todd from Nice Ice and would recommend him to anybody.
Good luck.
-- Larry

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the referral Green Gator... It's important to note that we don't carry an inventory of princess cut diamonds because our focus is on round brilliant and Ascher cut stones, but we do source quite a few princess cut diamonds for clients on request... Another vendor who is quite good for princess cut diamonds is Jonathan at GoodOldGold.com for those that are looking...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes and Jonathan has IdealScope images for his princesses....always a good thing!! Check out the light leakage vs a round....and then against other princesses. Choose the best!
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I can remember when they use to be hard to beat on price, now they are easy to get under. I guess the investors wanted to see some profit.
1.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,
the only thing for you to do is to "shop and compare" and it is very easy these days ,you can do it from the comfort of your own home, searching through a few websites and comparing the 4 c's, and prices.
Most sites offer monry back guarantee if you don't like the diamond!!

good luck!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results