shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile VS Jared

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DenLogal

Rough_Rock
It seems a lot of people like to shop on line for diamonds. It seems that costs from Jared and Blue Nile are almost the same. Why would you go with Blue Nile??Why buy online?

Thanks a lot

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
Well, I don't think Blue Nile and Jared have costs anywhere near each other. Jared has a lot of IGI certified diamonds which may seem similar but are probably not comparable in cut quality to an AGS Ideal or GIA Excellent. Their best diamonds are the AGS Ideal Cut (can't remember the series name) that has a tan color theme in the store... at least it did in the Jared near me. This is their hearts and arrows selection.

I believe Jared's second-best selection is referred to as the "Leo" diamond. I didn't learn much about the Leo, but I think I know they weren't AGS Ideals. They may have been GIA Excellents... for some reason I think they were IGI certified.

I looked at Jared and at Blue Nile. I found that the prices at Jared were significantly more than on Blue Nile for a similar diamond - 40-60% higher would probably be a safe and low estimate. It is practically impossible for a store like Jared to have costs near stores that have no actual storefront. BlueNile would be an example of these stores. Blue Nile has significantly less overhead costs to cover.

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
I am looking at Blue Nile right now and comparing the price of this GIA certified diamond I found at Jared:

Measurements: 5.61 5.64 * 3.55
Shape: RB
Ct Weight: Listed as .68 but cert said .71
Cut: VG
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 63.1%
Table: 57%
Crown angle: 35 degrees
Crown Ht: 15%
Pavillion angle: 41 degrees
Pavillion depth: 43%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Polish: G
Symmetry: G
Girdle: Listed as Med-Slightly Thick but Cert said Thick 5.2%
Culet: none
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

This diamond was $2,100 at Jared and is actually about the same on Blue Nile, so I see what you mean.

The price differences that I found were in the GIA Excellent and AGS Ideal cuts. The .7 ct or so AGS0 RB Hearts and Arrows at Jared was about $4,000+. May have been around $4,500. You can find a similar diamond on WhiteFlash or Blue Nile for a chunk less.

The prices do seem much closer than I originally thought though. I guess when a company gets as large as Jared, their marginal cost is significantly less which allows them to be more competitive.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your considering buying online I would check out jamesallen.com; goodoldgold.com; whiteflash.com and many other online vendors. bluenile doenst have an upgrade policy where these other vendors do.

i bought my setting from jared and I must say I hate the company. they dont know jack crap about their stones, diamonds or gemstones. they rip you off, especally for their "peerless" diamonds, which are AGS ideal cut stones, and you can buy those from whiteflash.com and goodoldgold.com and any of the other vendors just w/o the name "peerless" also, you should have insurence on your ring and not pay for that junk diamond warrenty that they try to scam you into..."if the diamond gets chipped...blah blah" then you have to worry about getting it inspected by them and everything else. just a hassel to me.

continue to look online. jareds sales people only care about making a sale, not the quiality they are selling you. they also dont care after they''ve sold it to you, and have a hard time fixing a problem after an item has been sold.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
There have been a number of threads on here complaining about issues with Jared quality and customer service - you can (and should) try searching for them and reading through them before you decide to buy there. Personally, I wouldn''t based on that feedback. Ditto also on checking out some of the vendors listed above - I''d much prefer to have an upgrade policy (actually I am really bummed that I didn''t buy my original e-ring diamond from a place that had one).

mayerice

Rough_Rock
I agree, now i am a bit bias because i own 2 online sites, but the prices online can never be beat. An even though BN is competition I think they do a great job at educating the consumer.

DenLogal

Rough_Rock
Thanks a ton....I think I made have found one on BN....i just posted..."your thoughts....could be my ring" Any and all feed back is appreciated!!!!

you all are great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results