shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile treats me well

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to post on this forum that I got a diamond from Blue Nile today and am very happy with it. It is my second diamond from them and I find them great to buy from. I wanted to buy a diamond for $300 or under and not many of the Pricescope vendors carry smaller diamonds at those prices. I wanted a round brilliant. Blue Nile had several to choose from. I wanted about 1/3 carat and they had several of those, H-J color, SI clarity. I knew I wanted an ideal cut diamond, so I plugged that into their search engine, and then the ones that came up, I checked withe Holloway cut advisor. When I weeded out the ones that didn''t score well, I spoke to a sales representative, Mike. although I often read on these forums that Blue Nile does not have diamonds on site, all of my choices were in the vault there and he was able to have 3 put on hold for me and taken out and checked for eyecleanness. I chose one that was then Fedexed to me overnight. It looks great. and of course I have 30 days to check it and return/exchange it if there is a problem, which is something I have done before. Blue Nile makes it easy to do this and you do not pay a re-stocking fee or anything except return postage and insurance (which were under $10).

The diamond that I have is an AGS0, ideal cut, J SI1
I have the AGS certificate (of course)
It''s .317 carats
4.36 x 4.41 x 2.69 mm
Depth 61.4%
Table 56%
Crown Angle 34.4%
Pavilion angle 40.7%
It has a pinpoint and a feather
It''s got ideal symmetry and polish
no culet
thin-slightly thick girdle, faceted
cost me $299

It faces up white--not as white as the F that I got from Blue Nile last year, but as white as my H earrings and e-ring.

I know I can''t upgrade, but I have never upgraded any of my jewelry, that''s not my personality. No offense to those who do upgrade but some of us get attached to our jewelry, especially gifts, and just don''t want to change.

I have gotten wonderful jewelry from other Pricescope vendors. I had a wonderful experience at whiteflash.com last year where I bought dream diamond studs for $10,000, and they were worth every penny (i wear them every day and they are constantly getting admired, I got a compliment today). But I guess I often read praises for whiteflash.com on this forum (deserved) and don''t often read praise for bluenile.com, which I think also deserves it. so I thought I''d post a little praise for Bluenile today.

P.S. Not just their loose diamonds are good. My F Si1 .65 diamond is set in a platinum ring by Blue Nile which looks superb and feels wonderful to wear. and I have a silver bracelet from them, also great quality.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My husband has bought me several pieces from Blue Nile that I love. I have gotten many compliments especially on a pair of diamond, Tahitian pearl & WG earrings that he bought me for Xmas one year. Several jewelers have mistaken them for a Mikimoto piece.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you had such a good experience! That''s really wonderful
1.gif
Your stone sounds lovely!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s good to hear they keep some stones in the vault. Glad got such a nice stone and had a good experience.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Glad to read a good report! I was actually perusing their site for stones EXACTLY like that. When I''m ready to buy, I will very likely buy from them since like you said, many other sites don''t have as many smaller ones in stock.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing this. We don''t hear a lot about BN, but know they have great stones. Glad you had a great experience with them. You''ll have to post some pics for us, when you have time.
1.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi black jade :)

i''m a fan of BN as well. i''ve bought many stones from them over the years. not all of them have been kept, but returning them has never been a bother; they have a very positive attitude and have never tried to ''guilt me'' into anything i wasn''t entirely happy with. the ones i''ve kept (definitely the majority) are lovely and i appreciate the 30 day period for getting any extra info or appraisals on any stone they send me. so long as you do your homework, i dont see a downside to the process.

congratulations on your new stone, and thanks for posting.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you had such a good experience with Blue Nile. What are you going to do with your new stone?
35.gif
35.gif

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 7:16:51 AM
Author: MMT
I''m glad you had such a good experience with Blue Nile. What are you going to do with your new stone?
35.gif
35.gif
I want it set in this

http://www.jansjewells.com/item.php?item_id=652&page=3&category_id=67

or this

http://www.jansjewells.com/item.php?item_id=1061&page=3&category_id=67

or maybe this

http://www.jansjewells.com/item.php?item_id=1089&page=5&category_id=67

I love Janeliunas settings; I had one done in the sterling silver and it was exquisite. I''d like a white gold one now with a diamond. I love the filigree with the smaller diamonds; it reminds me of the jewelry that my grandmother had.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulation!! I had never bought anything for BN yet, but I always enjoy looking at their jewerly
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results