shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Signature Ideal

k3wt

Rough_Rock
What are your thoughts on their signature ideal range? Having looked at the GCAL reports the hearts and arrows suggest that they are ''excellent". However, to me they are far from it! Bad symmetry, clefts in hearts etc etc.

Despite that, can anyone comment on the optical brilliance section of the GCAL? Is it in anyway comparable to an ideal scope?

Is it worth to pay the extra for an AGS diamond?

Thanks

PolarBear2006

Rough_Rock
GCAL reports are pretty meaningless imo. and absolutely it is always worth it pay a little bit extra for a AGS report, especially If you are considering a Hearts and Arrows diamond. Like you said, reports will only be reports, if you already have an understanding of whats a good proportion/symmetry, then its time to ignore the Excellent and make your decision based on your own knowledge.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the stones are fine, but they generally are not to the level of the true hearts and arrows cut stones of vendors who specialize in top cut diamonds. You kind of have to look at each stone individually.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not necessarily think AGS platinum report alone trumps GIA report+GCAL combo.
There is no real need to go for a AGS graded stone as long as a GIA graded stone is accompanied by IS or ASET.

GIA or AGS report with actual Idealscope/ASET is the best combo in my opinion.

For me
GIA/AGS diamond quality report alone < AGS platinum report alone < GIA/AGS + IS/ASET

GCAL may be legit. But it provide unnecessary images that I don't how to interpret. Why do you need seperate images for symmetry, brilliance, and hearts and arrows? Either IS or ASET does all that..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results