shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Brick and Mortar Store

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to a very newly opened Blue Nile store today! It is a small storefront in a large shopping mall. They had many of their ring settings, diamond bracelets and pendants on display. It was interesting to see some of their pieces in real life although I know they didn't have everything there. They also told me that they could facilitate exchanges and repairs for items that had been ordered online. Could be a great resource for the consumer!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
I wish they had one where I live! I would be window shopping there all the time!
Do you know if the prices are same/similar to their web prices?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had heard about that. My understanding is that these stores don't actually have diamonds on hand, but do they bring them in for people to view? That would be a big improvement and could be good for consumers who learn how to use an ASET scope!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a very limited time there as I was shopping with my daughter and grandson - not really a place a sixteen month old wanted to be - ha! I did not ask about them bringing stones in but I would bet they would as their purpose really does seem to be to facilitate their online venture. I did ask about their GIA vs. AGS stone certifications because they seem to have many more GIA stones than AGS certed stones. They said it was just because there were so many more GIA certed stones out there. They also compared their GCAL reports to AGS light performance reports. Not as convincing to me but primarily because there is such a wide gerth in GIA XXX stones vs. AGS0 stones. However, as Mrs. Blop and others have shown us, you can narrow down your parameters in terms of depth, table, crown and pavilion angles for the GIA stones that you might be interested in and go from there to find a great stone. I personally just feel more comfortable with the AGS grading but know that there are some beautiful GIA certed stones too.

I must admit that when I saw their email announcing the opening of this store, I expected a much bigger storefront. However, it doesn't take much space to showcase engagement ring settings and such! The sales people seemed much more knowledgeable than most sales people in mall stores so that was refreshing! I did try on one of their diamond tennis bracelets and asked about having the length shortened. They said they would do that at no charge but that once it was shortened, it would become a final sale piece. Not sure how that compares to some of the vendors here but it does seem logical that they wouldn't let you return a bracelet that was not a standard 7" size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your experience there! It is encouraging that they had well trained sales people. I think that is great that they'd shorten a bracelet but as a final sale. I think that is pretty typical. I hear you on the difficulty shopping with toddlers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results