shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue French Horn Proopsal Idea

rdf7777

Rough_Rock
I'm sure this reference means nothing to most people so to catch you up I'll explain. How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) is a television show that my GF and I both love. The main premise of the show is to follow Ted, the main character, on a his journey to find the women he will marry. For many reasons this show is near to our hearts.

In the pilot episode Ted meets the women of his dreams. They go to dinner and at the restaurant they both notice a blue french horn hung on the wall. Needless to say Ted ruins the night with a premature "I Love You" but returns later that night after suiting up and stealing the blue french horn from the restaurant. Basically he let's her know he's willing to do whatever it takes to be with her and that;s what I want to express to my GF.

So now that everyone is caught up, here is how I plan to propose. I have acquired a non-working french horn and am in the process of painting it blue. On the big day I plan on greeting her with french horn in hand as she walks in the door. I'll be wearing a suit and will try and find bow ties to put on our two dogs. The rest is the standard..

I know she'll appreciate the thought and I have a feeling she'll be the most comfortable if the proposal happens in private. I do however have two other thoughts on how it could possibly happen.

I could show up outside her work in the suit and with the french horn and have her look outside her window at me.

The other idea would be more in line with the way it happened on the show. I could set it up so that french horn shows at a wine bar where we have contacts with the owner and proceed to take it off the wall.

Sorry for the long post but I'm keeping this a secret from everyone around me so I really needed let this excitement out. So knowing that my GF will probably be more comfortable with a private proposal which scenario do you think would be the best?

Thanks again for reading and sorry for the length.

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
OMG this is awesome. I love HIMYM.

I like the restaurant idea. could you book a private room in the restuarant or an area away from pther people?
Im generally a private person but I would be ok with this.

Perhaps you could incorporate a yellow umbrella somewhere in the plan?? this would make it even better i think!

Cant wait to hear how this turns out.... soo excited for you!!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I saw the subject line and had to read.

I love the idea!

I think doing it at home will work best if she wants a private proposal.

Maybe leave clues on the way in to the house. Things that pertain to the show like the yellow umbrella, book of poems by pablo neruda etc.

claralyn

Rough_Rock
I reallllly love your proposal idea! I think it'd be so perfect if you did it at home, with you in your suit, and your dogs wearing bow ties! It reminds me of Robin's apartment and how it would look like if Ted proposed to Robin there. And I totally think you should also add clues like the yellow umbrella, book of poems... robot cookie jar!! etc. And maybe have some soft classical music playing in the background, like Ted paying the violinists and cellists to play in the apartment!

Anyway, kinda got too excited there but best of luck with your proposal, and please keep us updated!!

rdf7777

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the feedback. I have decided to do this all at home and have purchased a yellow umbrella (thanks for the idea chemgirl) to leave at the front door. I have been working on the french horn and finally have it complete. It's been hard to find time to paint the french horn since my GF and i live together. I thought I was definitely busted when I did the first coat .. There was snow on the ground and I didn't account for any over spray that may occur. Needless to say it looked like I had massacred a Smurf on my front lawn. Luckily I was able to spread out the snow enough to make it not so noticeable. I did have a story in my back pocket to try and explain the blue snow if I was asked though...I was going say that I threw the bottle of windshield wiper fluid in the air and the cap wasn't on, I wonder if she would have bought that.

So at this point I'm just waiting to hear the word from Mark Morrell on the modified Sunburst and I'll be able to put this plan in action. I can't wait!!

I have uploaded some pics of my "props" and another Blue French Horn I found online. The french horn I found online was actually used in lieu of a guest book at the wedding which I think would be awesome especially with the proposal story behind it.. I just hope she likes the idea.

Thanks again for the support!

DSCN4670.JPG

DSCN4672.JPG

Blue French Horn.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results