shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Convert.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was in Walnut Creek today bankrupting myself at Ann Taylor when I walked by the window at Davidson Lict.

My jaw hit the floor at the ENORMOUS asscher with two trap sides in the window.

So of course I go in and ask to see it (thank you Mara and Kristy Darling at the GTG for the confidence to walk in and ask to see a 80K ring).

Royal Asscher.

6 carat.

Vs1.

J!!!!!

I kid you not. This sucker was a J asscher and HUGE and let me tell you. It showed just a hint of warmth. Just enough so you knew it wasn''t colorless but by NO means yellow or even yellowish on the hand.

I put that sucker on and I admit it. For the first time ever I wanted a HUGE honking diamond.

Not that I didn''t love and adore Widget''s STUNNING white (so white, I can''t even explain) honker. But I''ve never seen any diamond over 2 carats I''ve longed for.

But I got 2 words for you.

Royal.

Asscher.

Oh BABY!

I think a GTG in Walnut Creek is a good idea. It''s not Carmel. But this Asscher is a must see.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure would be nice if you had a PICTURE ,lol!
9.gif
good job window-shopping, there, gyspy!
36.gif
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a amatuer.

Clearly.

I''m upgrading my phone... this week, or next week (got to make it over to the Verizon store) to a camera phone so if nothing else I will have THAT on me for the next bling that catches my eye.

My apologies on the lack of photography.

You know what funny though? I have the thing on my finger and I''m thinking.... " If this were mine I would HAVE to have it reset by Leon." It amazing the difference the right setting makes. And Leon''s three stones are definitely THE right setting. Kristy''s and widgets are amazing.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it definitely sounds YUMMY! And I have to say that if I''d tried on a 6c stone I''d be wondering how I could make it come into fruition in my lifetime as well, lol! You''ve just got me thinking and wondering and lusting now, dammit!
27.gif
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the honkin' bling-lusting fold, Gypsy!!! Yes, it's a sick, sick, sick sickness. But isn't it FUN?!
31.gif
It never hurts to dream. Yesterday I went to the GiftCenter in SF with Roppongi and believe me, trying on gorgeous rings and looking at big-@ass honkers was THERAPEUTIC. We both left feeling rejuvenated and relaxed. It's better than going to the spa. It's better than going on a spree at Neiman's (not that I know what that's like). It's better than gorging on a 4-course French meal with a decadent dessert (though just barely). Trying on beautiful bling pretty much tops the list for me in terms of fave self-indulgent things to do!

One of these days, we need to do a GTG at the GiftCenter. Our group would go buck wild there!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

ETA -- Gypsy, have you considered asking Leon to reset your asscher? You may have discussed this before but please refresh my memory! He would work WONDERS with your beautiful stone!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, the next time you want company please let me know and I will gladly hop on BART and meet you.

Kristy Darling and I had such an incredible afternoon trying on eternity bands, different settings and looking at loose stones. I have inquired about one very attracive 3.92 RBC at Derco. I faxed over my GIA certs to DERCO to see if we could work out a trade with my 3.01, we''ll see what they say.

The next SF GTG must be at the SF Gift Center....let''s plan on it for the Holidays.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Gyp...based on our last GTG in SF...you surely aren't lacking for jewelry confidence girlfriend... 'I got us a salesperson'....ring any bells? hahaha. I would have loved to have seen the 6c....mmmm mmmm good.

The Gift Center sounds great for sometime soon, and we have to plan on Carmel...maybe for Jan/Feb of next year?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
A GTG at the SF Gift Center sounds good! I could get my jewelry cleaned while we are there too.
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''m in!!!!
3.gif

widget

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Gift center - brilliant! I''m there in a heartbeat.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, sounds beautiful! I''m starting to slowly be converted to J stones, a little warmth can be very pretty. In some pics of Lynn''s, sunkists (a k even), and Mara''s the stone appears to be glowing from the inside. A J huge asscher...yummy.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in for a Gift Center GTG!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Believe me Roppongi, next time I''m planning on going to Walnut Creek I''ll post and ask for company as I think it would be great to go blinging with you again (I never recieved the list of contacts from the last GTG)! I wasn''t intending to look for bling yesterday ... But COME ON what self respecting PSer could walk by a 6 carat RA without stopping and ogling?!?

I''ve been to the gift center! Oh BABY I am so IN. That would be FUN!

LOL Mara. It was a contact high.

Monarch-- Yeah, I bought FIVE lottery tickets today.

Kristy-- Leon would be a definite consideration. My only concern is the cost. He was just barely in my price range before the platinum price hikes. But now that I''m seriously considering pave I might have to give him a call. They''ve told me at work that they will let me know if they will hire me permanently by December 1st. So IF I get teh job permanently... I''m going for the reset. Wedding, moving or bust.

kcoursolle-- Me too. I''m head over heels for some of the warmer stones I''ve seen recently.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results