shape
carat
color
clarity

Blackberry vs. iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Blackberry''s trackball keeps malfunctioning. Apparently, it''s a design or manufacturing defect. I''m thinking of decamping. If you have any tips or repairing the trackball, please let me know. Also, if you''ve switched from a Blackberry to the iPhone, please let me know why. Ta!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
They really give ENTIRELY different user experiences... you just need to try both and see which appeals to you.

iPhones are great for people interested in media and adaptability
Blackberries are great for work - though iPhones have been gaining in this area

For what it's worth, I've had a 1st generation iPhone since ~1 month after release (July 2007), and it's still working flawlessly. My husband has had an iPhone 3G since its release (July 2008) and loves his (depending on your needs, the functionality is not very different).

If you're thinking of getting an iPhone, you should hold out until this July.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
If Iphone wait until june or july for the new model. Camera should be improved, MMS pics should be allowed etc...

Blackberry is great! The Storm has some software issues that will be fixed in a big update in the next couple of weeks or so. The Bold is very nice too. Verizon going to 4G speeds by end of the year too :)

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto everything Musey said.

Do you text a lot? If so, the iPhone may not be for you. The on screen keyboard is nice, but its not as convenient as a keyboard with actual buttons (sorry I can''t remember the technical term). I have an iPhone 3G and love it, but then again I don''t do a lot of emailing/texting on it. My FI has an HTC Mogul and has considered switching to iPhone, but is hesitant because the keyboard issue... in every other way he prefers my phone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hubby has a blackberry and an iphone. He lOVES his iphone. he is waiting to see if verizon is going to get the iphone, if they don''t he''s going to switch his blackberry business number to an iphone too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not used the iPhone, but I have the blackberry Bold. I love it, but it is definitely a BUSINESS tool and isn''t the best multimedia tool. But it''s free and I dig it - especially the GPS as it comes in handy when I travel for sure.

If I were a social user, I''d try the iPhone, but I can''t imagine using anything less than a blackberry for work. I also like a physical qwerty keyboard.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 2:21:56 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I also like a physical qwerty keyboard.
I really miss physically pushing buttons.
39.gif
I can live without it though... I guess....
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. It looks like the iPhone is out of the running until the summer (thanks for the tip). So, Verizon will be sending me a "like new" BB tomorrow. I like the buttons, but if the trackball keeps breaking (this is my 3rd BB), I don''t know what to do. I just need the phone and e-mail functions.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
So basically this means that Harriet is a ball buster.
23.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 3:05:36 PM
Author: purrfectpear
23.gif
*snort! choke, gasp, cough...* You've made my day.

I don't own either of them, but from what I gathered by playing at stores, I wouldn't get Iphones because it has no keyboard. I was attracted to the trackball, but I didn't know that it was so poorly constructed. *writes mental note*
34.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I went from BB Curve to iPhone 3G. LOVE my iphone. This is definitely the first time I''ve really loved my phone and felt no need to upgrade or change it. But I do miss the BB keyboard. If you do a lot of e-mailing I would stick with the BB - also if you need it for work, etc. But if not, go for the iPhone.
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 3:05:36 PM
Author: purrfectpear
23.gif
12.gif

The replacement "like new" BB arrives tomorrow. It had better be as represented.
29.gif

Salix

Rough_Rock
Hey BB (That stands for Ball Buster!),

I had switched from a BB curve to the iphone 3G about a year ago, and really adore my iphone. But the others are right, it really depends on what you''re using it for.

The BB is unbeatable when it comes to e-mails, spreadsheets and the like. For me thought, the physical QWERTY keypad is something that I got over pretty easily, but there were a few moments of frustration as I cursed my (not so) fat fingers for hitting the g instead of the h on the screen.

I love not having to carry a separate music player, and surfing the web on a iphone is fantastic. It is WAAAAAY better than the dinky little roller ball!

Plus, the applications for iphones are amazing! I have a library of e-books to read on flights, applications that let me make flatulence noises (I know, I know, I''m so mature), find restaurants within blocks of me, a virtual closet of my clothes, a guitar tuner, and a drug interaction guide for school... and that''s just the stuff on the homescreen of my iphone. (All of that stuff I just listed is free too!)

I agree with the rest, if you would like to buy one, wait till the new one comes out in the summer of ''09!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
The trackball on my BB Curve has been a nightmare for weeks. Would move with coaxing to the right most of the time, moving to the left a complete nightmare. I''ve been saying I needed to send for a replacement for weeks. Yesterday, I handed it to my co-worker to change another setting and when she saw what the trackball was doing, she started tweaking the speed of the movement. She changed the vertical and horizontal movement speeds to 70 each. I''m not sure what else she did, if anything, but it''s like I have a brand new BB! I am stoked! We''ll see how long it lasts, but for now, I''m good.

I hope your new BB holds up. At least until you can do something different.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
You know my vote. I love my iphone. It was not hard to figure out how to use, and it has spell check for text messages!

But I agree with the others, wait until the summer. I have the first generation. I herd the G3 network on the newer one drains the battery, hopefully they fix that.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:47:07 PM
Author: Salix
Hey BB (That stands for Ball Buster!),

I had switched from a BB curve to the iphone 3G about a year ago, and really adore my iphone. But the others are right, it really depends on what you''re using it for.

The BB is unbeatable when it comes to e-mails, spreadsheets and the like. For me thought, the physical QWERTY keypad is something that I got over pretty easily, but there were a few moments of frustration as I cursed my (not so) fat fingers for hitting the g instead of the h on the screen.

I love not having to carry a separate music player, and surfing the web on a iphone is fantastic. It is WAAAAAY better than the dinky little roller ball!

Plus, the applications for iphones are amazing! I have a library of e-books to read on flights, applications that let me make flatulence noises (I know, I know, I''m so mature), find restaurants within blocks of me, a virtual closet of my clothes, a guitar tuner, and a drug interaction guide for school... and that''s just the stuff on the homescreen of my iphone. (All of that stuff I just listed is free too!)

I agree with the rest, if you would like to buy one, wait till the new one comes out in the summer of ''09!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Uh oh. That had better not become my nickname.
29.gif

That''s exactly the application that drew my attention to the iPhone!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:54:20 AM
Author: April20
The trackball on my BB Curve has been a nightmare for weeks. Would move with coaxing to the right most of the time, moving to the left a complete nightmare. I''ve been saying I needed to send for a replacement for weeks. Yesterday, I handed it to my co-worker to change another setting and when she saw what the trackball was doing, she started tweaking the speed of the movement. She changed the vertical and horizontal movement speeds to 70 each. I''m not sure what else she did, if anything, but it''s like I have a brand new BB! I am stoked! We''ll see how long it lasts, but for now, I''m good.

I hope your new BB holds up. At least until you can do something different.
Thanks. It''s here. If there are any problems, I might seek your help.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 1:04:24 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
You know my vote. I love my iphone. It was not hard to figure out how to use, and it has spell check for text messages!

But I agree with the others, wait until the summer. I have the first generation. I herd the G3 network on the newer one drains the battery, hopefully they fix that.
We''ll see. This is my 4th BB in less than 2 years.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I love my BB Bold, the touch screen thing would make me mental. Personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results