shape
carat
color
clarity

Blackberry Storm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am getting my new BB Storm tomorrow. Anyone else got one.. fancy sharing your experiences? I have never used a BB before.. they aways looked too complicated to me!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhh so fun! I LOVE my bb. I don''t have the storm, but tried it out a few weeks ago and it is pretty neat!! Can''t wait to hear what you think!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
just because i have the iphone, i didn''t like the storm at all. it was a lot slower, in terms of the screen or typing. but if you have the patience for it, then i''m sure you will love it. and i have nothing against blackberry''s, i still love my blackberry curve.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...interesting thread. I''ve been told my beloved iPhone may not be supported at my new job, in which case I would have to get a blackberry, so definitely keeping an eye out for reviews...

anyname

Shiny_Rock
my cousin has the storm and it was a little slow. But she downloaded a repair patch and it''s working MUCH better now. Since you''re getting yours now maybe the problem has already been resolved? She has owned blackberries in the past and she''s kind of lukewarm about this one right now because the key pad is kind of small and she has large fingers (her words not mine!)But i''m sure she''ll warm up to it. Have fun with it, there''s a word game on it that i am totally addicted to! I completely drained her batteries playing it once
3.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I like it, but I don''t like the keyboard, which is the same reason I don''t like the iphone. I guess I like to feel the actual buttons.

I have a BB Curve for almost two years now ( which is a first for me since I always seem to have to have the newest and latest thing out there) and I thought about switching providers just to get that phone, but after one of the residents let me play with it for a while, I decided I liked my regular BB better.

I am eligible for an upgrade too, but I lurve the Curve..

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like it all that much, but I'm spoiled by my iphone.

Have you tried it out?? You should always try out a phone before committing to it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD wanted the Blackberry Bold so bought it for her. How is it different from the Storm? I know all her friends have the Bold, and her Iphone was on it''s last leg...
20.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 10:01:33 PM
Author: butterfly 17
I like it, but I don''t like the keyboard, which is the same reason I don''t like the iphone. I guess I like to feel the actual buttons.

I have a BB Curve for almost two years now ( which is a first for me since I always seem to have to have the newest and latest thing out there) and I thought about switching providers just to get that phone, but after one of the residents let me play with it for a while, I decided I liked my regular BB better.

my DD just got a new iPhone. She didn''t like the keyboard on the Storm - she said it clicked, unlike the iPhone.
Have no idea what she meant by that, but she loves her iPhone.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 1:04:15 AM
Author: bebe

my DD just got a new iPhone. She didn''t like the keyboard on the Storm - she said it clicked, unlike the iPhone.

Have no idea what she meant by that, but she loves her iPhone.
The screen presses in. There are no actual divided buttons, you can just push on any part of the screen. It''s sort of like having a touch screen with a keyboard hidden underneath, and you push in the screen to get to the hidden keyboard.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock

There''s an upgraded version of the Curve coming out...I think it''s called the Javelin? Same size, but I''m guessing it has better resolution and a better camera. My mom works for RIM and she has it and she really likes it. Not too sure on the release date though...just thought I''d give you the heads up!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Kaliegh: I have the Bold also and love it! The big difference between the two is that the Storm is a touch screen and the Bold is not.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well its here. I have been playing with it for a few hours now and so far so good. Its easy to use considering how worried I was that it would be complicated. The qwerty keyboard is taking a bit of time to get used to. I don't feel that my fingers are too big for the buttons which is nice!

I think I am in a good place to be buying this phone as I have never used the iphone. I like how the screen clicks when you press something.. it reassures me that I have done it correctly. The email and sms functions are straightforward and easy to use. I love being able to receive email on the phone instead of having to be on my computer.

You can download songs onto it for .49p which is cheaper than itunes which costs .79p per download.

The camera is pants! It takes ages to focus and if the subject moves even a little bit the picture will be blurry. I don't mind this so much because I use my digital camera and not my phone for photos.

It seems a little bit slow when you try to browse on the internet... but again I wouldn't use it for more than a quick check of emails anyway.

You are probably wondering why I even bothered to get this phone if I don't use it for work or internet lol! I just liked the look of it and like to be connected to email from my husband when he is at work (he can't use his phone in the office as it interferes with customer calls).

I have read some horrible reviews of it and I am really hoping that the earlier problems have been sorted out. I will keep an eye on the blackberry website for any software updates that might be needed to make sure my phone functions properly.

I couldn't for the life of me work out how to set the time on it! Luckily when I connected it to the computer it set it for me!

You get a lovely pouch to keep it in which should keep it safe while it is in my bag. Not sure how fast I could get it out of said pouch if the phone was ringing though!

I like it better than my sony ericsson as the buttons on there were teeny tiny!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
glad to hear that you like the phone!

disneybride

Shiny_Rock
I got the Blackberry Storm two weeks ago and am on my 4th phone. The first phone never made it out of the store as the speaker was blown and the calls were all garbled, the second phone froze up and would not stop spinning and spinning so I brought it to tech support at Verizon and she said it was defective so I had to get yet another one...and the last one I returned wouldn''t take incoming calls, whenever I pressed the green key/touchpad to connect the call it went into landscape mode and a blue screen came up. I was so frustrated I wanted to get a different phone altogether, but the tech talked me into trying one more because it''s supposed to be such a good phone. This one is okay, it freezes up and reboots itself from time to time, but I guess that''s normal for this phone at this time. Today I finally felt comfortable enough to download Epocrates and set up the desktop manager, which was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge hassle because I have Windows Vista and the cd-rom doesn''t support it so I had to do everything manually.
emangry.gif

It''s working fine now and I''m hoping RIM will come out with another OS upgrade soon to fix the remaining bugs. It really is a fun phone to use once you get used to Suretype, and I love that I can use full html! I don''t think I''ll ever not be a Palm girl though, so we''ll see if Blackberry can pursuade me over time.

A

Anaïs

Blackberrys are not my favorite. I hated mine (for a variety of reasons) and then I lost it. Unfortunately, I still will not be able to get an iPhone (thanks verizon), so I don't know what I'll replace it with yet- but, most certainly, NOT with another bb.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I seriously considered getting the Storm when my Razr bricked about a month or two ago. I fiddled with it for a long time at the Verizon store, read reviews, thought about how much I lusted after an iPhone but how pointless it would be since AT&T has terrible service where I would need it most, fiddled with other touch phones, compared plans and basically irritated the heck out of my husband, who hates phones and gadgets. I ended up with the LG Dare instead, which looks a lot like the iPhone, and is a similar touchscreen only phone (though, of course, it's not quite as nifty as the iPhone). Thing is, Verizon's Blackberry service was quite a bit pricier than the package they offered me with the Dare, which has unlimited internet use, unlimited email use, unlimited Navigator use, unlimited texting, and cost about the same or less. Previously we were paying $60 EACH, or even more if I texted too much
3.gif
- so, typically $120/month for both DH and me, and no frills at all, and something like 500 minutes to split. With the package I just got, we have 200 more minutes a month and it's $110 a month for me, but his service is totally free now. So instead of $60 + $60, it's $110 + $0. Which is bizarre, but hey, I'll take it.

I have never used the iPhone, it would just make me cry since it would be pointless without actual cell service in my area (sniffle). The Storm I played with in the Verizon store seemed pretty comparable to the LG Dare, just more email oriented. The LG Dare has been fabulous for me. I surf PS on it all the time, and the touch QWERTY keyboard is great for a rabid texter like me. Yeah, it surfs the net slowly compared to the Comcast service I'm used to at home on my laptop, but not that much worse than the terrible DSL service at work, and I LOVE that it looks like the actual internet and not a lame abbreviated version. It saved my butt once already when I forgot to write down an address and was already 40 miles away from home before I realized it- a quick Google and voila, the address! I would have been more tempted by the Storm if it hadn't been intended so much for email specifically, and if the Verizon Blackberry specific service hadn't been so darn pricey.

Oh, and the Dare was around $100 (or was it $80?), with the Storm being slightly more I think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results