shape
carat
color
clarity

Black Swan

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1294025866|2812824 said:
My friend is a controller at an agency in Hollywood, so he gets screening copies. I'll be able to watch it at home...good thing too so I don't have to bring my kid to the movies! :bigsmile:

:rolleyes:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1293917804|2811816 said:
As Autumnnnovember said, it was intense and difficult to watch at times . Having survived an overprotective mother, I related to it. Spoiler: That poor child did not realize that she did not have to become the black swan to play the balck swan -- all she needed to do was portray the evil people around her.

Good point...never even thought of it that way. There are some parts about the movie that I'm still confused about...gotta go google it.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Autumnovember|1294034530|2812938 said:
As Autumnnnovember said, it was intense and difficult to watch at times . Having survived an overprotective mother, I related to it. Spoiler: That poor child did not realize that she did not have to become the black swan to play the balck swan -- all she needed to do was portray the evil people around her.

Good point...never even thought of it that way. There are some parts about the movie that I'm still confused about...gotta go google it.

You should go on the imdb boards. Lots of fun discussions there.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen it. Natalie Portman is one of my favorites, but I'm not into ballet at all... is it better to wait till it comes out on blue ray?

ETA - I didn't know it's by the same guy who made Pi! lol Has anyone seen that one?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1294035707|2812961 said:
Autumnovember|1294034530|2812938 said:

You should go on the imdb boards. Lots of fun discussions there.

OoOo! Good idea. Going now.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
MC|1294036009|2812969 said:
I haven't seen it. Natalie Portman is one of my favorites, but I'm not into ballet at all... is it better to wait till it comes out on blue ray?

ETA - I didn't know it's by the same guy who made Pi! lol Has anyone seen that one?

I'm 100% not into ballet either but it was worth going out to see.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1294036570|2812982 said:
MC|1294036009|2812969 said:

I'm 100% not into ballet either but it was worth going out to see.

Okay, will think on it. Since Dh is working and I am not, I feel guilty sneaking to movies while the kids are in school. lol! There are a few others I'm considering right now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1294034415|2812935 said:
My friend is a controller at an agency in Hollywood, so he gets screening copies. I'll be able to watch it at home...good thing too so I don't have to bring my kid to the movies! :bigsmile:

Whoops...sorry, must have touched a sore spot? Feel free to call the cops on me.............

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1294040151|2812996 said:

Whoops...sorry, must have touched a sore spot? Feel free to call the cops on me.............

Nah. It's just you know, OLD already...sort of like you think it's old that iLander keeps "stating her distaste" for Cuso.

Keep looking for trouble, you're good at that.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I enjoyed it. Glad that i had read this thread first though so could follow the reality / delusions a little easier. DH didn't like it although he has been walking around the house speaking in a french accent repeating some of the more memorable lines. :wacko:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1294040674|2813001 said:

Nah. It's just you know, OLD already...sort of like you think it's old that iLander keeps "stating her distaste" for Cuso.

Autumn, I apologize if you feel it was personal when I mentioned the movie theater thing. I didn't bother continuing to comment on your second thread (which I didn't even know was deleted, as I didn't keep up on Pricescope today). Yes, I think your friend's actions were in poor taste, as was the movie theater's staff, but I stated my opinion in the first thread and didn't think I needed to bother in the second.

I'm not understanding why you are taking it personally that some of us didn't care for your friend's actions. I assure you, it's not personal to YOU. If you have a personal issue with me, I always think it's better to put it out there, instead of random eye rolling. Then, if you'd like, we can ignore each other. ::)

(There were way too many "personals" in those paragraphs...)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1294043400|2813006 said:
Autumnovember|1294040674|2813001 said:

Autumn, I apologize if you feel it was personal when I mentioned the movie theater thing. I didn't bother continuing to comment on your second thread (which I didn't even know was deleted, as I didn't keep up on Pricescope today). Yes, I think your friend's actions were in poor taste, as was the movie theater's staff, but I stated my opinion in the first thread and didn't think I needed to bother in the second.

I'm not understanding why you are taking it personally that some of us didn't care for your friend's actions. I assure you, it's not personal to YOU. If you have a personal issue with me, I always think it's better to put it out there, instead of random eye rolling. Then, if you'd like, we can ignore each other. ::)

(There were way too many "personals" in those paragraphs...)

Honestly, why did you feel it was necessary to sneak that comment in there? You know I'm reading these threads. It's just really not necessary. It's like you WANTED me to see it, just so you could prove your point again. It is FINE for you to think his actions were not ok (I agreed in some aspects)! I have no issue with that. However, when you bring it up again after a thread has been squashed (reason being, some people felt it was ok to start calling my friend NAMES) I start taking it personally. As if HIS actions are a direct reflection on me as a person.

I didn't have any personal issue with you at all. Before the thread started yesterday, I had no issues with anyone here at all...but the way things were communicated to me at about the 5th post of the original thread made me really confused. I could explain if you'd like. Then, when some people thought it was alright to try to make me feel bad for being friends with him/called him names it got taken a little to far at that point. To sit there and say he is irresponsible for what he did by bringing the baby there yet calling him names at the same time is baffling to me especially because it is coming from so called ADULTS.

I had the thread deleted for the reason above but also because it was like beating a dead horse. How many times can we repeat ourselves?

Thank you for apologizing. Can we please drop the topic now?

No need for ignoring. It's done, its over.

I am a really nice person to people who chose to be nice to me...simple as that. I wasn't going to call you out on anything because I was hoping after the threads were gone the entire talk about would it be squashed too.

TO Athena: Sorry for the threadjack, I'm done ruining your thread..on a happy note, I checked out imdb board..definitely informative.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1294044389|2813008 said:
Honestly, why did you feel it was necessary to sneak that comment in there? You know I'm reading these threads. It's just really not necessary. It's like you WANTED me to see it, just so you could prove your point again. It is FINE for you to think his actions were not ok (I agreed in some aspects)! I have no issue with that. However, when you bring it up again after a thread has been squashed (reason being, some people felt it was ok to start calling my friend NAMES) I start taking it personally. As if HIS actions are a direct reflection on me as a person.

I didn't have any personal issue with you at all. Before the thread started yesterday, I had no issues with anyone here at all...but the way things were communicated to me at about the 5th post of the original thread made me really confused. I could explain if you'd like. Then, when some people thought it was alright to try to make me feel bad for being friends with him/called him names it got taken a little to far at that point. To sit there and say he is irresponsible for what he did by bringing the baby there yet calling him names at the same time is baffling to me especially because it is coming from so called ADULTS.

I had the thread deleted for the reason above but also because it was like beating a dead horse. How many times can we repeat ourselves?

Autumn, I always say perception is more important than intention. So I will apologize if it offended you. I will also, firmly and emphatically say that I did not write the comment in this thread with the intention of "wanting" you to see it so I could prove my point again. I had an opinion on the subject, and if I really wanted to beat a dead horse, I would have commented when I saw your continuation thread this morning. I made one comment on that thread (answering someone about the original thread) and that was it. I didn't even check for it in the sporadic moments I did have time to glance at PS today, so I don't know what happened.

However, I certainly admit, I WAS being silly (with my comment on this thread). Just to anyone who cared to listen, and again, not directed at you. I suppose there is less room for snark on PS these days. Even I'm getting tired of it (as you pointed out), so I should probably go back into my shell.

Anyway, I recall mostly people annoyed with his actions. But of course, I can't say for sure since both threads are gone. I didn't read the second thread, so I didn't know that they were calling him names. FWIW, even though it DID seem you were completely on his side at first, I think (at least in the first thread) you at least handled the criticism well. I didn't think you were taking it personally after the conversation got going. At that point it just seemed like it was an interesting discussion, and I think it was a shame it was deleted (the first one anyway).

Again, I did not mean to poke you with a stick, so you can consider the subject dropped. ;))

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1294045152|2813010 said:
Autumnovember|1294044389|2813008 said:

Autumn, I always say perception is more important than intention. So I will apologize if it offended you. I will also, firmly and emphatically say that I did not write the comment in this thread with the intention of "wanting" you to see it so I could prove my point again. I had an opinion on the subject, and if I really wanted to beat a dead horse, I would have commented when I saw your continuation thread this morning. I made one comment on that thread (answering someone about the original thread) and that was it. I didn't even check for it in the sporadic moments I did have time to glance at PS today, so I don't know what happened.

However, I certainly admit, I WAS being silly (with my comment on this thread). Just to anyone who cared to listen, and again, not directed at you. I suppose there is less room for snark on PS these days. Even I'm getting tired of it (as you pointed out), so I should probably go back into my shell.

Anyway, I recall mostly people annoyed with his actions. But of course, I can't say for sure since both threads are gone. I didn't read the second thread, so I didn't know that they were calling him names. FWIW, even though it DID seem you were completely on his side at first, I think (at least in the first thread) you at least handled the criticism well. I didn't think you were taking it personally after the conversation got going. At that point it just seemed like it was an interesting discussion, and I think it was a shame it was deleted (the first one anyway).

Again, I did not mean to poke you with a stick, so you can consider the subject dropped. ;))

Understood completely, thank you for explaining. It was an interesting thread at one point and then it really just turned sour and really began to make me cringe.

No problem, the poke did not hurt too bad as I've only gotten half way out of my protective shell here on PS. :Up_to_something: Just kidding.

Goodnight, TGal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results