shape
carat
color
clarity

Black Friday Sales

BarbBe

Rough_Rock
I would like to buy a tennis bracelet this holiday season as a gift for my Mom. Are there any deals this weekend with Pricescope vendors or should I wait for December holiday offers? Thanks to all the sale experts for letting me know.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep an eye out for Costco sales. I see a 6 ctw that has $800 off and a 8 ctw with 1,000 off

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bought one for my wife at BGD, had Leslie help me......you get what you pay for.
Best of luck.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian Gavin Diamonds had some sort of Black Friday event last year - a limited number of discounts that started out pretty high and declined as each level was "used up." That's all I remember about that. :lol: One caution on the BG discounts, at least as they worked last year. I got in on it fairly late - I think I got a 5% discount - to buy a pair of stud earrings. The discount applied to only one item, and since I was buying two diamonds, that meant I got the discount on only one diamond! Not a deal breaker, but it was a disappointment. I think you might have had to be on their mailing list to get the discount???

Anyhow, you might want to identify a few jewelers you'd be interested in getting your bracelet from, and then check their webpages and facebook pages for black Friday promotions. Good luck!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this isn't for tennis bracelets, but for anybody else who clicks on the link wondering about Black Friday sales: The last two years, Brian Gavin Diamonds has had a great deal on diamond pendants. You get $195 off the price of the pendant setting - a huge saving - and then a percentage off a Signature diamond. There are a certain number of coupons at 10%, 8% etc ranging down to just a few percent.

So if you act quickly, getting 8-10% off the diamond and $195 off the setting turns out to be a great saving. I got a pendant last year which I still haven't posted, but it was approx $500 instead of approx $800.

Of course, I don't know what BGD is doing this year, but if you're short of a diamond pendant, that deal is a good one.

tassadin

Rough_Rock
Any idea if blue nile has blackfriday deals on loose diamonds?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
James Allen is having a sale! :appl:

tassadin

Rough_Rock
Rockinruby|1448503959|3954258 said:
James Allen is having a sale! :appl:

Looks like its only for the setting, correct? Doesnt look like loose diamonds are on sale.

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Does anyone know roughly what time the BGD offer is likely to commence, based on previous experience? I'm in Aus, and I get the feeling that any special discount emails are likely going to arrive in my inbox around 3am, and expire (or be filled) by the time I wake up.. Fingers crossed for a pendant deal again, but it's like Christmas waiting to find out!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
adele_h|1448592222|3954562 said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know roughly what time the BGD offer is likely to commence, based on previous experience? I'm in Aus, and I get the feeling that any special discount emails are likely going to arrive in my inbox around 3am, and expire (or be filled) by the time I wake up.. Fingers crossed for a pendant deal again, but it's like Christmas waiting to find out!

This started about half an hour ago but unfortunately it looks like it's only on earrings and five stone rings this year!!! I was looking to get a yg pendant and now I'm trying my hardest not to splurge on earrings :-o hubby is giving me the evil eye!! :naughty:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so bummed about Brian Gavin not doing the pendants again. I have been waiting all year to buy a pendant on Black Friday hoping it would happen again! Still great deals but I really water the bezel milgrain pendant!

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
I know, I'm devastated! I even went all the way through and priced some studs, but I just can't justify the cost of the size I'm after, and figure I should really just wait until I'm more prepared.. :blackeye:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know me too!! I didn't pull the trigger on the studs either. As hard as it was I put the ipad aside and went to bed. Hope some people took advantage of the deals so we could see their new bling!

inheritedring1234

Rough_Rock
I did pull the trigger on a pair of studs this morning - when the 8% off coupon was still valid! Will definitely post them when I get them! :)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
inheritedring1234|1448660030|3954749 said:
I did pull the trigger on a pair of studs this morning - when the 8% off coupon was still valid! Will definitely post them when I get them! :)

Out of curiosity, did the discount apply the the entire purchase, the diamonds, or just one?

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
OP, if you're still looking for tennis bracelets, I highly recommend IDJ! I looked at BN's sale prices and OMG, they're still higher than what I paid at IDJ. AND, IDJ offers a 100% trade up policy! I bought my 6.2 ct tennis bracelet in August and they're PS quality to boot. In fact, I wear it on the same hand as my WF ACA 5 stone ring and I can't see a visible difference in sparkle. I used my IS on the stones and many have nice arrows. All were eye-clean. I did send it back to have it shortened and asked them to swap out 3 stones that were not up to my standards (symmetry was lacking). But overall, for the price that I paid and the ability to upgrade in the future, it was an excellent purchase. Originally, I was going to buy from WF but at the 6 ct range, the price was almost 10k. My bracelet was 5300.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1448666939|3954787 said:
inheritedring1234|1448660030|3954749 said:

Out of curiosity, did the discount apply the the entire purchase, the diamonds, or just one?

I priced them out and the percentage was off of the diamonds and there also was a $195 credit towards the setting!

inheritedring1234

Rough_Rock
Yep. That's it exactly! I saved $450 on the diamonds/settings which was perfect since I've been thinking about finally getting a pair of diamond studs for a looooong time. Will be a big change from the Marco Bicego Siviglia studs I've worn almost daily for years!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, I just found a way to pay a decent price on a bezel pendant.

I was at my local jeweler and was having them modify a ring I have.

I had chosen a stone off BN, a 30 pointer that I was comfortable buying on BN. You know. I just made sure the stone met the basic criteria (cut specs per PS) and I was done. Didn't need super ideal cut or whatever. Let's say the price was $550 on BN. I brought in the GIA to my jeweler, inadvertantly b/c I was packing other papers away in my bag. Anyway, I found a double bezel setting (you know, a bezel with a base so the culet doesn't poke you and the pendant sits flat) at my jeweler. I think it was for about $300. And I asked if they would set my stone if I brought one in. They asked me if I had the stone. I told them no. I was going to buy it off blue nile. I did not want my jeweler's uncertified stones. They pulled one up on BN, almost exact same specs, difference of .1mm on one of the measurements, enough that I know it would not make a difference, and they sold the stone to me for $50 less, and I pay the cost of the setting. The whole thing came in under $900. WF sells one .25 ct in a "full bezel" (which I don't prefer b/c it's too bulky looking for me) for $995. The stone is an H, SI. My stone was an E, VVS2, .3 ct. So maybe that is an option for your jewelers, given that you don't require a super ideal cut and you are comfortable getting these smaller stones from a drop shipper. I don't care. I know the stone I chose off BN should be very pretty, and choose a setting I really liked.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
jerichosmom|1448668174|3954790 said:
OP, if you're still looking for tennis bracelets, I highly recommend IDJ! I looked at BN's sale prices and OMG, they're still higher than what I paid at IDJ. AND, IDJ offers a 100% trade up policy!.
Second IDJ as an outstanding option! GL!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had been considering studs for awhile but wanted to save a bit more and get BGD signature or ACAs for my upgrade. Got the email on Friday from BGD though and jumped at the opportunity! I went way down in colour this time (K from G... :shifty: ) but more than doubled in size from 0.5ctw to 1.1ctw and kept to VS2 though would happily have gown down further in clarity if there had been a pair available!

I'm still a little bit unsure and can't believe I have committed given it took me all of 30min to decide/make the purchase as I was in a rush to use the 10% off code... Fingers crossed that I'll love my new studs!

Decided to get them set in the 8 prong settings to change things up a bit from my current martini settings.

I AM very colour sensitive but given these will be in my ears and I'm ultimately after the most sparkle... K coloured signature cuts could work!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Post pics please when you get them Crystal, congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results