clarity

Black and white or shades of gray....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you view life?

I'll start

I used to see things in more black and white
As I grew older and experienced more of life I then started seeing more shades of gray

Now that I am old (and IMO wiser lol) I am back to more black and white though there are circumstances where yes, it is more shades of gray

Almost a full circle but not quite because everything in life is not black and white though many things (IMO) are
Life is complex and I have come to accept the uncertainty in life and the fact that things are not always 100% right or wrong

I guess my final answer is it depends
I do see much black and white but also gray depending on the specific circumstances
Life is full of shades of gray and also full of black and white

Your turn

rightorwrong.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's such a good question. As I get older I see more shades of grey, but am willing to call out shades of black/white for what they are. For example, I don't make excuses for when people do cruel things. I believe they are a cruel person and I limit contact. When I was younger I made excuses for that type of person. Not that they might not grow and learn as they age, but at my age I tend to see things as they are, not what I want them to be.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's such a good question. As I get older I see more shades of grey, but am willing to call out shades of black/white for what they are. For example, I don't make excuses for when people do cruel things. I believe they are a cruel person and I limit contact. When I was younger I made excuses for that type of person. Not that they might not grow and learn as they age, but at my age I tend to see things as they are, not what I want them to be.

Yes, so true. Nowadays when someone shows me who they are I believe them

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black and white for what I deem really important, ethical or moral things. Shades of gray for the not so important things.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's difficult to quantify all of the subconscious processes that influence conscious processes that are working together to determine black/white and shades of gray. Much of it depends on life experiences.

I'm similar to others where there are moral or ethical issues on which I'm black and white while there are a whole host of issues for which I'm shades of gray. There are also times when my shades of gray turn black/white and vice versa and those changes are determined by new experiences and new information/knowledge gained about an issue.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some things B&W, and some things shades of gray.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all depends on the issue. I think a well balanced person sees both - depending on the circumstance. It benefits no one to be hard and fast about all things, all of the time, in my opinion.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Everyday I find more things I just dont care about one way or the other.
The things I do care about it varies some are black and white and some are shades of gray.
So I guess my answer is both.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on the situation. When I was younger I had a black/white mentality. Things were either/or. As I've gotten older I can see some situations can fall into the grey area wrt others, especially when it isn't my business.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results