shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday Present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
So I can pretty much guarantee that my birthday present is NOT an engagement ring.

BF's cousin called yesterday to say her dog had her puppies. I hear BF say we want one. WHAT? Since when? BF has said many times how he doesn't want any dogs until we have a house. Okay, whatever, I happily agreed but it's not promised since the one of the 5 puppies died and 3 were already promised to other people and the only male is the one his cousin and her husband MIGHT keep. She doesn't want it but he does so I guess they are going to talk it over and let us know.

Anyway, so BF says that will be my birthday present and if by chance it falls through then he'll go back to his original plan. So I'm pretty sure it's not a ring because if it were such an extravagant gift as that then I'm sure he wouldn't cancel it just like that. Expecially for a dog, ya know?

So I guess all you ladies were right! LoL. Which is fine because I worked really hard at not getting my hopes up so it doesn't really bother me that I know it won't be a ring.
3.gif

As for the original gift that I still MIGHT get...

HINTS GIVEN:

A-D-S.
Shoe. (He says is a good hint for the first two words A and D.)
Corn. (Says this is the one that SHOULD have given it away...)
Says this only allows me to do it once. (Upon me questioning, says I can do this as many times as I want but that THIS only allows me to do it ONCE.)

EDIT: It's not an Audio Digital System as someone guessed. Hehe. I asked and he said no, but that was a very clever guess!

In any case, he has confused me even more with these hints and I know once I get it or he tells me it's gonna feel like one of the those "Oh, I'm such a dumb***" type of moments! LoL.

Before I go, I have to tell of a feel good moment I had yesterday... We were sitting down watching something on television and I was talking about my promise ring and how I need to have it cleaned, he goes, "you know, when I get a ring, I'm not going to be wearing it a lot." I automatically got defensive and was like Oh yes you will! Then it clicked and I understood what he meant. He explained because he works in Corrections (Prisons) he doesn't want any of the inmates knowing anything about him. Most people he works with don't wear their bands for that reason.

But it just made me so happy when he said when I get a ring! Shows me it's on his mind! Hehe.
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
How about "All Day Shopping"

You''d get a corn from being on your feet all day
3.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh!! That''s a good one!

Hmm... I wonder...

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
Those clues suck! Is there any possiblity he is just trying to totally throw you off track?! Make sure you let us know what he gets you because I''m going crazy trying to figure out what the heck it could be!
33.gif

If you do get the puppy, what kind is it??

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
He very well could be throwing me off. He''s good at that! Haha.

I will definitely let everyone know what it is though! It''s driving me crazy too!!

The puppies are Affen Pinscher purebreds. The mother looks just like this...

affenpinscher_02.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
seeing as Im a big designer shoe girl, I was thinking Amazing Designer Shoes-but that''s only as I have them on the brain!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a really good guess.

BUT...

I think I already guessed that and he said no...

and

I''m not that into shoes. lol. I know, a girl who isn''t that into shoes?!?! But I''m just not... but I do believe that was one of my first guesses and I was hoping and praying he said it wasn''t it! haha.

I just don''t get what corn and shoes have to do with eachother... unless if we''d be walking a lot like ladypirate implied with her guess of "All day shopping" ... could also be all day sight-seeing or something.

Ugh. I have no idea! LoL. He gives crappy hints!

...But I guess that''s the point?! Haha!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about A Double Skydive?

Weird guess...but you could land in a cornfield I guess...lol who knows. I''ll keep thinking for you...

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Shoe... corn... A-D-S

A Doctor Scholl''s?? (although I hope that''s not what it is!!)

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
I about fell off my chair when I read that!

Hmm... BF''s got one sense of humor so I wouldn''t put it past him! Hehe!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
a dangerous skydive????

thats all I could come up with........lol
31.gif
11.gif
41.gif

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
What crazy hints! Has he given you anymore??

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Bubbly! Happy early Birthday!

Don''t mean to raise your hopes or anything, but you just never know how a guy thinks. Isn''t THAT the truth?! ha!

For my birthday this past year, my guy got me a normal present - it was all fine and dandy. A week later, he''s taking me out to my favorite restaurant and telling me that he wants to take me ring shopping to see what kind of rings I like (we''ve been together for 7 years, and we never even browsed!).....well after dinner, we get home and he says "never mind about the ring shopping - because i already bought you one" as he takes out the box and proceeds to propose.

I''m telling you! Boys are sneaky! And when it''s something this big and important, you''d be suprised at how creative they can be! ha!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
amy_dub, nope, he''s given me no more hints! I''m beginning to think the hints are made up even though he assures me they are not... I just don''t get it! Haha.

Thanks, Cleopatra, for the birthday wish!

I know guys can be VERY sneaky and he''s very good at it, especially when it comes to surprises for me. I tend to think it''s some sort of "special" present because normally I can get the gift out of him early but this time he says "no matter what, it''s GOING to be a surprise, I don''t care how much you nag or whine, you''re not getting your way this time." Haha. I ask why this time does it have to be a surprise and I just get the answer "because for once I want to see you really surprised."

He says he spotted this "gift" and just said to himself "Oh, she''d would just LOVE that, I have to get it for her, it''s PERFECT." He also said it''s quite expensive.

I don''t really have any idea of what else (besides a ring, maybe) that he could be getting me because I didn''t tell him I wanted any in particular this year. So I didn''t think he really had any idea of what to get me.

Oh, last night, because he had said that this only allows me to do something ONCE (but that I could do it as many times as I wanted to in my lifetime IF I chose to), I asked if I threw it away when I was done and he said no, you do not throw it away. --I was thinking maybe a gift certificate or something of the sort.--

So, I don''t know. I expect anything with him. It could be a ring... it most likely isn''t but it COULD be... he just might surprise me! [I hope!]

Oh, and all the guesses such as "All day shopping" "Amazing Designer Shoes" "A Doctor Scholls" (He got a good kick out of that one! Haha) "A double skydive or a dangerous skydive" are all NOT it, according to him anyway... he could be fibbing! lol.

And the puppy is a no-go. I thought about it and we just have no room here. We''re going to wait until we have a house and plenty of room! I feel it''s a smart decision.
1.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Geeeeeez, those "clues" just make me more curious!!! When is your bday? When will our curiosity be satisfied??? LOL!

Although a ring ***could*** fit the "ADS" letters (A Diamond Solitaire) but I''m not sure how corn and shoes fit into a ring...

33.gif

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your bday and present

1.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
My birthday is the 21st. So what''s that? 18 more days? AHHHHH!!!

He said I''ll get it on or around my birthday. I hope it''s soon!!

A diamond solitaire would be a perfect fit for A-D-S but like you said, I don''t see how shoe or corn fits in with that. Except that you wear a shoe and you wear a diamond... but corn? I''m not gonna eat my diamond! Haha!

He knows me extremely well so I''m sure whatever it is, I will love it!
9.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 6:32:54 PM
Author:bubbly1126
So I can pretty much guarantee that my birthday present is NOT an engagement ring.

BF''s cousin called yesterday to say her dog had her puppies. I hear BF say we want one. WHAT? Since when? BF has said many times how he doesn''t want any dogs until we have a house. Okay, whatever, I happily agreed but it''s not promised since the one of the 5 puppies died and 3 were already promised to other people and the only male is the one his cousin and her husband MIGHT keep. She doesn''t want it but he does so I guess they are going to talk it over and let us know.

Anyway, so BF says that will be my birthday present and if by chance it falls through then he''ll go back to his original plan. So I''m pretty sure it''s not a ring because if it were such an extravagant gift as that then I''m sure he wouldn''t cancel it just like that. Expecially for a dog, ya know?

So I guess all you ladies were right! LoL. Which is fine because I worked really hard at not getting my hopes up so it doesn''t really bother me that I know it won''t be a ring.
3.gif

As for the original gift that I still MIGHT get...

HINTS GIVEN:

A-D-S.
Shoe. (He says is a good hint for the first two words A and D.)
Corn. (Says this is the one that SHOULD have given it away...)
Says this only allows me to do it once. (Upon me questioning, says I can do this as many times as I want but that THIS only allows me to do it ONCE.)

EDIT: It''s not an Audio Digital System as someone guessed. Hehe. I asked and he said no, but that was a very clever guess!

In any case, he has confused me even more with these hints and I know once I get it or he tells me it''s gonna feel like one of the those ''Oh, I''m such a dumb***'' type of moments! LoL.

Before I go, I have to tell of a feel good moment I had yesterday... We were sitting down watching something on television and I was talking about my promise ring and how I need to have it cleaned, he goes, ''you know, when I get a ring, I''m not going to be wearing it a lot.'' I automatically got defensive and was like Oh yes you will! Then it clicked and I understood what he meant. He explained because he works in Corrections (Prisons) he doesn''t want any of the inmates knowing anything about him. Most people he works with don''t wear their bands for that reason.

But it just made me so happy when he said when I get a ring! Shows me it''s on his mind! Hehe.
9.gif

Something else...

He gave another hint... Says I can''t use it right away and upon asking why he says something along the lines of..."because there is another phase to it."

He said all the hints won''t make sense right away but once he runs through all of them and explains, it''ll be like "ohh, I should have gotten that!"
Haha. I still have no idea!
33.gif

mirre

Shiny_Rock
I may be just trying to fit things together... but Corn is a vegetable and so is Carrot.

Carat... Diamond.

Maybe he knew you''d get it for SURE if he told you Carrot so he said corn?

I don''t know how shoes would work into it... but I''m very curious!

I will definitely be checking back after your birthday (which is one year anniversary for BF and I!) I''m trying not to get any hopes up!

Maybe it''ll be a great day for both of us!
2.gif

As far as there''s another phase to it... maybe it''s just the setting and he wants you to help him pick the stone or something.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
You and I have almost the same birthday! Mine''s the 23rd. K has been dropping hints as well, but he won''t let me guess. :razz:

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 10:55:46 AM
Author: mirre
I may be just trying to fit things together... but Corn is a vegetable and so is Carrot.

Carat... Diamond.

Maybe he knew you''d get it for SURE if he told you Carrot so he said corn?

I don''t know how shoes would work into it... but I''m very curious!

I will definitely be checking back after your birthday (which is one year anniversary for BF and I!) I''m trying not to get any hopes up!

Maybe it''ll be a great day for both of us!
2.gif

As far as there''s another phase to it... maybe it''s just the setting and he wants you to help him pick the stone or something.
Wow, you''re good at making things work together! LoL. (If that is it) I would have NEVER gotten that!! LoL.

Early congrats on your 1 year! I hope you two have many many more wonderful years together!!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 11:59:52 AM
Author: ladypirate
You and I have almost the same birthday! Mine''s the 23rd. K has been dropping hints as well, but he won''t let me guess. :razz:
Well Happy (Early) Birthday!!
9.gif

BF is getting annoyed with me guessing. haha. He will no longer even entertain my guesses and just says "No, you just have to wait." LoL. I knew it was only a matter of time before he got annoyed and would cease giving hints! Hehe.

Oh well. Guess I do just have to wait.
31.gif

Any thoughts on what your might be?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
No...I know there are 3 individual items and that two of them go together and at least one of the things had to be specially made and/or customized. I have no idea, but he''s an awesome gift-giver, so I know I''ll love it.

The one guess I had was that he got me a wax seal, because I''m a stationary nerd, but I guessed that and he said that while he thought about that, he didn''t want to get me one because when we get married my monogram would change.
30.gif

The best birthday present would be for him to be down here--he''s in his 5th (and hopefully final) job interview with a company down here as I type, so hopefully they''ll hire him and he can be down here in just a couple of weeks!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, yes, I agree. That would be the best birthday present he could ever give you! So I''ll cross my fingers and everything else with the ability to cross (lol) that he gets the job!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results