shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday present for new mommy

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies. I figured this would be the best forum to get some advice on a birthday present for my best friend. She turns 30 on December 7, and she just had a baby last week. I've sent baby presents already, so I want to get her something that she can use to pamper herself. What did some of you crave (Other than sleep :bigsmile: ) shortly after having a baby?

I should add that she currently lives in the middle of nowhere in Louisiana so I only get to see her once or twice a year :knockout: (I haven't seen her since her baby shower at the beginning of September.) I wanted to get her a gift certificate for a mani/pedi, but the only decent nail salon/spa I could find online that's near her wouldn't sell me one over the phone. None of them had websites :confused:

So....any suggestions?

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
When both of mine were newborn I used to wait for dh to come home from work, hand over the baby and then hide in a really luxurious bath for an hour every day, I think this little bit of alone time helped me to retain at least a few shreds fo my sanity. If you can't send her to a spa how about sending her a gift basket of products she can use at home. My favourite range is Jo Malone, the bath oils are amazing, as is the body moisturiser.

http://www.jomalone.com/home.tmpl?ngextredir=1

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lottie. Those look amazingly indulgent :appl: I was thinking along those lines actually, of maybe ordering her a nice set of products from Sephora or something!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto. My little baths were my only indulgences. Some great bubble bath or oils, a really luxurious lotion- I love Kiehl's Creme de Corps, but it doesn't really smell. Just anything pampering that doesn't take a lot of work!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ChinaCat!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
A babysitter. ;)) But since you do not live by her that might be tricky. I am not a bath gal at all! So make sure she likes them before you spend your money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results