shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday/Christmas Type Proposals

How do you feel about birthday / holiday proposals?

• I wouldn''t mind it at all - he''s not much for creativity or romantic stuff.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Are you kidding? How predictable!

• It would be okay, I guess I just expected otherwise.

• That would be a dealbreaker and the answer would be no.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It wasn''t my plan - it''s just how it happened. That''s the story.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I guess I mean just any old holiday where girls get their hopes up when their boyfriend "might" propose but seriously doubt it because it might be too cheesy, too expected, too cheap (hey, what about my birthday present), etc.

Birthdays, Christmas, New Year''s Eve, Valentine''s Day

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
When''s your birthday, Erin?
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I would love this, b/c its the only gift that I really want. As far as cheaping out on gifts, hello its not cheap at all!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ideally I wouldnt have it near a holiday, just a random day would be fine with me! but i wouldnt really care, it wouldnt be a deal breaker or anything like that. Probably one of the best gifts anyone could give.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I was proposed to the day before my birthday (we were on our way to going out to dinner for my birthday anyway) and had already received a birthday present, so I totally didn''t expect it.

I wouldn''t have changed a thing! To me, the day (holiday, birthday, whatever) didn''t matter.
2.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 3:48:48 PM
Author: BrightSpot
When''s your birthday, Erin?
2.gif
today

b/f said he bought my present on his day off this past Wednesday
maybe it''s a bracelet to compliment
31.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, happy birthday, Erin!!!!
emotion-19.gif

How are you doing w/ the big 3-0? I turned 30 in May & was pretty freaked out in the months that led up to my birthday. By the time my birthday actually arrived, I was over it. (It helped that my sweet boy bought me a tiara & magic wand the night before. A tiara makes anything better!!)

I hope you have a great day & don''t forget to tell us all about it! (perhaps you''ll even have some pictures to post...
31.gif
)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
That''s the sweetest thing - a tiara and a wand - that sure would cheer me up right now, too. How thoughtful and fun
emstar.gif

This afternoon the ''flower gal'' came by and I got two bouquets
emrose.gif
from my 3 bosses (I''m an ExecAssist for 3) and
emrose.gif
from Mom and Dad
12.gif

Usually I leave the house before Mark wakes up and this morning he set his alarm early so that he (and the dog) could howl Happy Birthday to me
emotion-19.gif
emdog.gif

Tonight I think my girlfriend and I are going out seeing how my b/f never gets off work earlier than 9 on Fridays and since it''s the end of the month it''s almost guaranteed. Tomorrow will be ''our'' night to celebrate so I guess I''ll wait until then.

ps my poll answer would have been "just give me the %*#$)@ing ring already"
11.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the tiara & wand were just awesome! He totally made my day!!

It sounds like your day is off to a great start! That''s so sweet that your bf (& dog) howled happy birthday to you! And 3 bouquets...amazing!
36.gif

Have fun w/ your friend tonight & your bf tomorrow. Stretch out the celebration for as long as possible!
9.gif
emotion-19.gif
Let us know how it goes...

(lol re: the poll answer. That was my answer too!
2.gif
)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think that mine will be that way...doing long distance we see each other on holidays and birthdays or in the summmer. Since I know it wont be the summer I think it will be Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break...I would love xmas he helped me find my religion by taking me to mass on xmas eve and it was the first time I felt 100% comfort in a church I would love it there. Or maybe valentines day since we became an offical couple on 2/20. I just want him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results