shape
carat
color
clarity

Bijoux Extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''ve done a search on Bijoux, and it seems positive, but not too direct.

Anyone have opinions about their quality and pricing?

Fred C says beware, but the opinion here says to beware of him.

Thanks in advance!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got to know them while in the US. As long as what you want fits their range of options, service and advcie is great. Otherwise I would expect to be told upfront what is feasible and what not (it happened). This is a reasonably small shop with high standards and quite candide about their ability to meet your expectations - no matter what the situation is. I found this attitude impressive... as much as their work.

Of course there will not be a huge stock of anything at a shop jewelryexpert-size. But interesting finds are worth a visit and their broker service (bringhing in gemstones or what not) for your choice seems impressive - at least what I've seen done for other folk (colleague).

I am not sure Jewelryexpert is good for obtaining the best price of something, but offers good shopping with lots of options and interesting ideas always at hand.

Hope this helps... and does not sound to close to blatant advertising.
31.gif

I am curious now: does FQ mention Jewelryexpert in particular ?

mikie

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your reply.

Fred was asked about Bijoux and he wouldn''t comment directly about their product, but said that he would be wary of any jeweler that didn''t accept credit cards. He also mentioned that you only have seven days to return their product.

I was curious because they''re honestly out of my current price range, but I love their pieces and just wanted to know if they''d be worth saving for.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those two sound like blanket statements... I would definitely be weary of a shabby little shop that does not accept credit cards - simply because the credit card company is better guarantee for the purchase thna the reputation of the shop! Not the case here...

And then Jewelryexpert does not work allot of remote transactions - most customers come to see the merchandise and owners face to face all the way through the process of having a costom order done. Seven days return after a months of talking over every detail of a project sound better. Besides, I think this limit can be negotiated to fit your needs (mailing time, appraisal, what not).

Fred''s book makes allot of short statements like that. All great, but once you follow all the advice who else but himself fits the bill ? It would be great to have a simple rule of thumb that works to get the best deal every time... if there''s one, I am not aware of what it may be, Fred or no Fred.

Hope this makes sense...

2.gif

mikie

Rough_Rock

I agree that those are blanket statements.

The general consensus is that they are a reputable place, and I really love some of the pieces they have.

In Rocky Talky I shared my love of a partcular piece that they call the royal asscher tingle. The ring seemed pricy to me for the size of the diamond, but I was unsure of what the small pinks would cost.

I think I basically just need to take a deep breath and take some more time to do some research. My girlfriend and I haven''t exactly been in a rush to be engaged, but I''ve just been so excited about it because we''ve been discussing it more and more lately and I''ve shown her some rings I like!

I like looks of the asscher tingle a lot, but I would like a larger center diamond. Suggestions have been made to substitute pink sapphires, and to also get a non-branded asscher. Both of these suggestions are great, but I definitely need more time for research.

UkneekFreak

Rough_Rock
Hello, I agree. They were very nice when my fiance and I spoke with them. We are meeting with them soon to discuss a custom design. Has anyone had any experiences in buying from them? They appear reputable and friendly, but I need to be sure by asking others out there on the web. I would feel awful if I lost my fiance''s hard earned money. Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance. :)

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/9/2004 9:52:29 AM
Author: mikie

In Rocky Talky I shared my love of a partcular piece that they call the royal asscher tingle.

What does this look like? Is it the name of the ring design? I have never heard of a ''tingle''.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Royal-Asscher-Diamond-Ring-13w.gif

From their website (http://www.jewelryexpert.com).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results