shape
carat
color
clarity

Big decision - - not wedding related

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
So I got my sched. figured out to what classes I will have next semester (The first semester after being married) and found out that because I worked my butt off the first 3 years I will now have a VERY easy sched. Only classes on Tues. and Thurs. But I showed my adviser my plan and he didn''t like it...I only have 9 hrs. and need to add 1 to be full-time. He approached me with the offer to begin taking graduate courses to work towards my Masters in Youth Ministry. I would be able to take 1 course each semester. That would give me 12 hrs. next semester and 15 the second semester.

I have prayed a lot about it and talked with different people about it....and I think I''m going to do it unless God shows me I''m not supposed to. I would be able to have all of my work that requires me to be on campus done by the spring break after I graduate...so less than a year...insane or what? So I guess I''m just looking for reassurance that I''m doing the right thing. Everytime I watch the news and hear about teens shooting each other or selling drugs...it makes me realize the desperate need for my future profession.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds great.
36.gif
You know God will let you know what to do. To me it sounds like he already has. Good Luck.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
So essentially you''d be able to get a Masters with only one extra semester of classes if you start now? I''d go for it. I beats comming back later and paying for three (or whatever) full semesters. Think of it as a free class, unless you think you really need a break.

That last home-stretch to graduation can be killer, (I know that I personally wasn''t ready to start a Masters my last semester as an undergrad) but if it''s a good program and something you love to do, why not?

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
Well I will take 2 classes during my senior year that are masters classes...and not pay for them because i''ll be an "undergrad-grad student." The 2 classes that I will take will be the only 2 classes that are semester long classes. This would be good because then after I graduate the only courses I would take would be once a week for 9 weeks or so...or it would be like an intensive course where it''s 1 week and the class is from 8-4 during that week. I would graduate in May 2008 with my BS and then complete my most of my masters work and be able to get a job as a youth minister somewhere after March of 2009. I would then have to come back for a couple of the intensive classes but it wouldn''t be a big deal. I would work alongside a fellow youth minister to help put together my project of how to integrate the stuff I''ve learned into a local church setting and then have to come back and present it. Then I would graduate. So I would be completley finished probably in 2010, but I would be out of it pretty much by 2009....I think anyway lol...it''s a new program

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results