shape
carat
color
clarity

BF told me he wants everything to be a surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
and that I can no longer actively participate in the e-ring process. He said that I can give him some diamond parameters, but he will pick the diamond, and that I can give him setting pictures, but that''s it. He said that he wants everything to be a surprise. I was really upset at first, b/c I interpreted that as him trying to buy more time. He was a little disturbed by how e-ring obsessed I had become. Anyway we talked about it, and I feel much better now, and now I guess I''ll relax a little, but I really have no clue. Hopefully he won''t make me wait 5-6 months (b/c that''s when all of his friends'' weddings will be over).

Although I joked with him that I should get a larger budget, b/c the interest has been adding up (since he keeps moving time frames)...hopefully I can get an extra $1-2K added...that would be nice.

Okay...well I''m going to start making my packet.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I think you are really lucky!!! He''ll take some of your ideas and taste, meld them with his own and create a wonderful ring and beautiful memories!!! Hang in there, it will be so worth the wait!!!

(I would be willing to wait longer if I knew that such an experience was at the end of my wait but BF already said that if I leave the whole ring thing up to him I''ll be 80 before it''s on my finger!)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Maybe since he wants to be in charge that mean girl soon. What kind of dead line did he give you for making your packet? How are you going to go about that? Oh! I am all excited for you! Good Luck!
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well I made the packet last night and emailed it to him, I don''t know if he''s looked at yet b/c he''s on his way to the golf course for the day. It has three tabs (1) the diamonds WF currently has that I like and listing of parameters (this was my original spreadsheet) (2) carats to mm conversion and (3) I put a description of the ring with thumbnail picture and then said what I did or didn''t like about it, and for the name of each ring, I made a hyperlink so that he could see a larger picture. I also included Leon Mege''s contact information and a list of "must haves" and "would like to have" details. I put lots of rings with halos, hoping that I can get him to like those again--I see a lot on PS, but not in real life.

I hope it means girl soon, I hate being patient.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh good luck with that! I think that''s really sweet, because he wants to see exactlty what you want, but put his own input instead of you having the final say. It''ll be a perfect ring and you''ll love it! And hopefully it''ll come sooner than later
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I saw a lovely halo setting in Broomberg''s (Birmingham) last week...it was nearly identical to this one DeNatale I hadnt liked them alot before but I just loved the way it looked on my fingers and the center stone wasn''t huge about 54 points which was smaller then I had been thinking...oh I am starting to drool just thinking of it. You''ve got great taste appletini want to post all your dream ring stuff here? I love pictures!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
appletini - Oh.. for some reason I thought your Leon ring was already in the works.... Its not? hmm.. I thought you''d be getting it any day now! I thought you at least had your setting pretty solidly picked out. Wel.. try not to drive yourself too crazy!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2005 1:42:58 PM
Author: Blue824
Oooh good luck with that! I think that''s really sweet, because he wants to see exactlty what you want, but put his own input instead of you having the final say. It''ll be a perfect ring and you''ll love it! And hopefully it''ll come sooner than later
9.gif

I agree. That''s very very sweet. It will absolutely be perfect. Crossing fingers that it''s girl-soon!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls! This afternoon I got a little worried, that I might hate it, but if that''s the case...(I know this will sound really bad), but if I really don''t like it, then I will have the setting re-done. He always good taste, so I shouldn''t worry, but boys just don''t get it sometimes.

Anyway I''ll post the thumbs tomorrow...and yes cutie your ring is on there!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oohhh!!! The process has begun
9.gif

What did gingerBcookie call it? The long wait of agony??
2.gif

Best wishes and I cant wait to see pictures!! Please keep us updated, especially if you "accidentally find" out any details!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2005 9:25:39 PM
Author: appletini
Thanks girls! This afternoon I got a little worried, that I might hate it, but if that''s the case...(I know this will sound really bad), but if I really don''t like it, then I will have the setting re-done. He always good taste, so I shouldn''t worry, but boys just don''t get it sometimes.

Anyway I''ll post the thumbs tomorrow...and yes cutie your ring is on there!
9.gif
AWESOME! hehe!! You really shouldnt worry.
28.gif
I''m 10000000x sure it''ll be amazing.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
okay ladies...

Here is my newest favorite ring...its from the DCD micro-pave collection, but I don''t want the split shank, and I know I won''t have a 2 ct+ diamond to set in it....

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/engagement-detail.cfm?did=E6

I updated the packet last night to mark this as my favorite, so hopefully the BF will like it and see the note.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
apple.....OMG that really is to die for!!!!! make sure he knows that is #1
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Apple, that is FABULOUS! It''s like kind of a halo and kind of a basket but kind of a little of both....with those yummy split prongs!!! Would you want it with just one thin band vs. a split shank? The detail is fantastic!

Reminds me of that one we both liked a few months ago (was it a tacori?)

PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is spiffy....not to sound like a child but does anyone else think that looks like Britney S''s ring?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Matora not to sound like an even BIGGER child, but....kinda, not really
2.gif
Hers is a cushion cut that DOES have the split shank, but does not have the pave halo/basket. And I''m a total dork for knowing that!!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Apple....it will all be worth it. I actually think it''s very sweet that he has asked for exactly what you want, but is keeping it a secret. Repeat after me....serenity now, serenity now....lol. Also, love the DCD link that you posted. Very beautiful!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow..that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can''t wait to see that baby in hand pics!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results