shape
carat
color
clarity

BF talking to father before proposing....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
So my bf said that he was going to wait until like the day before he proposes to tell my dad that he was going to ask me to marry him..I asked that shouldnt he tell him atleast a week before..and he just said oh no im not going to want him to know that far in advance. Do any of you think that that would make my father feel like wow, you are just telling me about this now and you are asking her tomorrow? BLINDED BY THE LIGHT. Do you think he would need a little longer than that?
My family ladores him and we both know they are expecting it but i was kinda "uh"
20.gif
when he said that he was gonna wait. I guess that him asking has casually come up in convo when he was talking to my parents every once and a while so its not like they are oblivious but i guess i just worry that when he tells them and says he is asking tomorrow that they will be so surprised and shocked in a good way i am sure but what if? just because it is the next day and he never gave them a heads up earlier. He also is worried though that if he tells my parents any sooner that my mom will tell my younger brother and he will let the cat out of the bag to me before he asks. My brother is a snoop and HAS to be in every convo so i think that my bf is just nervous enough as it is, that he doesnt want that extra "what if it slips out" to have to worry about..
I know my bf will do what is right and knows what to do since he has had convos with them before etc, maybe i am just paranoid..
33.gif
32.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
BF told me he will do it, the day before or a few days before... no earlier. I''m fine with that.

Really, I think your dad should be happy that he has taken time to let him know. The respect is in the thought, not the presentation.

Congrats on the upcoming proposal!!!

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
i wouldn''t worry about it. I''m thinking about doing the same thing. They are going to be so happy for you that they won''t care that it was only one day before. Just let him do his thing and you worry about being surprised!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I think its fine, I mean they should just be happy he is asking right? Maybe he will explain why he didnt ask earlier (bcuz they didnt want anyone to find out and let you know). Im sure your parents are going to be so excited and wont worry about it :)

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
Just a suggestion, maybe he doesn''t have to tell your parents the exact date he plans on proposing. Perhaps he can tell them he plans on asking you soon and would like their blessing.

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
yeah, i suggested that to him and asked him why he wouldnt just do that, but i guess he insists on asking the day before or something like that. guys!
32.gif
haha..and it really doesnt matter to me i would just like him to ask!
24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results