shape
carat
color
clarity

BF is feeling the pressure :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Not from me though. This past week he has been snappy and argumentative so I knew something was going on. He told me last night it''s because he can''t talk about it and vent with me because it''s about the e-ring.

His mom and my mom are pushing, they want things their way and keep bugging him about it. He''s strong so I know he won''t listen to them but I''m sad that they are taking the fun out of it for us. He said last night that he does not want them at our ceremony, just wants the two of us to go somewhere by ourselves.

I''m going to have a talk w/ my mom tonight and then mention to his mom tomorrow that everyone needs to lay off and let him do his thing. It''s about us and not about them. What a mess with two very opinionated mothers!!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 10:09:40 AM
Author:katomm
Not from me though. This past week he has been snappy and argumentative so I knew something was going on. He told me last night it''s because he can''t talk about it and vent with me because it''s about the e-ring.

His mom and my mom are pushing, they want things their way and keep bugging him about it. He''s strong so I know he won''t listen to them but I''m sad that they are taking the fun out of it for us. He said last night that he does not want them at our ceremony, just wants the two of us to go somewhere by ourselves.

I''m going to have a talk w/ my mom tonight and then mention to his mom tomorrow that everyone needs to lay off and let him do his thing. It''s about us and not about them. What a mess with two very opinionated mothers!!!
Oh kat.. we are going through the EXACT same thing. both of our mothers are very pushy..
Bfs mom in particular about "engagement/wedding stuff". Our mothers have no idea we are thinking about getting engaged... well at least mine doesn''t... but his saw the envelope the ring bill came in.
It just said the name of the jewelery store on it but she DEMANDED to see the bill so she could see what he spent... then she''d "tell him if it was for an ering or not"... What!!?? The nerve of some people.
He told her it was nothing but since this happened she has been making comments like "you want to get married next spring... yes! We will have a spring 2010 wedding! And don''t wait... get married right away!" Even telling us where and what type of ceremony and reception we''ll be having!. Now, we haven''t discussed any of this with her but she''s got it all planned out. BF and I would prefer to have a long engagement and get married in 2012 but she is really pressuring him. She''s even had his little sisters (6 and 11) come up to me several times and ask me if they are going to be junior bridesmaids/flowergirls!. Totally spoiling it for me...
7.gif

I''m so sorry to hear you have to go through that too. I hope that having a talk with your moms will help.
I know how hard our mothers are making things for my bf and they don''t even know about the pending engagement. I feel terrible for your bf!

"It''s about us and not about them"
36.gif
well said.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
woah! sorry for the long reply.. did I acidentally vent on your topic post?
5.gif
Sorry!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 10:09:40 AM
Author:katomm

aw... sometimes moms get overly wrapped up in stuff for thier kids, but they need to know when to let go.
good luck

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you! Stick up for yourself! Mothers can get a bit over-excited at times.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results