shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel Pendant Help!

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! My birthday is coming up and my husband and I were looking at the small diamonds by the yard Tiffany in sterling silver. It is priced at $400 (I think) for a .03 stone. My husband thinks this diamond chip isn’t worth the price. He said I should have at least a half a carat in a pendant. I want something bezel set along the same lines. Can y’all help me find something like this for around $1000? We love Costco jewelry and he found a half carat princess for 1050 but I don’t like the setting. I would like a round in a bezel set. I was thinking of using blue nile. Thoughts? Suggestions? I am okay with being just shy of half a carat as well. I have looked at loupe troop and diamond bistro as well. I saw a .6 but I wasn’t sure the diamond stats were the best I could get for my money. Thanks for the help!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some ideas:

At James Allen:
with

At Blue Nile:
with

At Whiteflash:
with

Since all of their bezel pendant designs are different, I'd choose where you like the setting best, I guess. fwiw I have a .3ish ct round in a bezel pendant and it has good presence. 0.44 like at JA and BN would definitely be a nice size, especially in the bezel.

Q

Queenie60

I would suggest you contact Yekutiel at ID Jewelry, tell him you are from PriceScope. He can help you to find a lovely bezeled pendant. Also, David at Diamonds by Lauren has some great stones and could make something for you. Good luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do be aware that a lot of people say that fixed bezel pendants do crawl up your neck as you move. Not as important with
multi-station necklaces but with one station it may not stay centered.

Maybe @distracts and others can comment whether they have this issue.

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @tyty333 I was not aware. I also am worried about the pendant flipping. What is the best setting for this?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do be aware that a lot of people say that fixed bezel pendants do crawl up your neck as you move. Not as important with
multi-station necklaces but with one station it may not stay centered.

Maybe @distracts and others can comment whether they have this issue.

I have a pendant with a bunny ears bail. It is not fixed and yet it also crawls up my neck. So I’m not really much help lol.

Q

Queenie60

My fixed pendant seems to stay in place.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pendant on a small single bail. The pendant does not crawl but the chain will move around so that the connector is at the side
of my neck and I have to put it in the back. Pendant stays at lowest point though. I think its a 17 or 18 inch chain. Can't remember. Its a 1.08
OEC. Although not large by PS standards, maybe its the weight that keeps it down???

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
I just purchased a preloved 0.6 James Allen bezel. I’ll post pics once it arrives! Thanks for the help everyone ❤️

Q

Queenie60

Wondering what size your pendant is Queenie60?

Hello @tyty333 - my pendant is a 1 carat stone set in platinum double bezel. Maybe the weight of the platinum keeps it from flipping?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @tyty333 I was not aware. I also am worried about the pendant flipping. What is the best setting for this?

I wouldn’t get a fixed pendant... it would drive me crazy always having to straighten it.

If the back is made right, the pendant will not flip... here is mine:

Attachments

• 9069B13D-5A38-4873-A4C4-CF4115139F48.jpeg
    9069B13D-5A38-4873-A4C4-CF4115139F48.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 560A6EE6-FA15-43D3-B6C0-67956E4C565C.jpeg
    560A6EE6-FA15-43D3-B6C0-67956E4C565C.jpeg
    794.9 KB · Views: 56
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results