shape
carat
color
clarity

Beverage pricing help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so we''re going to book the alternate venue this week, most likely.

What would you do for NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages?

We''re just going to do the beer, wine and champagne on consumption but I''m torn about what to do with non-alcoholic beverages.

Beverages cost 2.50 each (all soft drinks and coffee and tea). Event, including ceremony, is 5 hours long. They have a package for 3 hours of continuous service of non-alcoholic drinks for $15 a head. I''ve asked them for pricing for a 4 hour package... probably 20 a head (yes, that''s for non-alcoholic beverages. Yes, I do wish I wasn''t having this wedding in Nor Cal).

So should I do the 20 a head for non-alcoholic beverages or just go on consumption?
33.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
That''s really tough. I can''t imagine people drinking 9-10 drinks, even in 4 hours, unless the servers take away the drink and bring a new one every time they come around (which seems to happen a LOT at weddings). Plus, I think more and more people are sticking to just water. I would probably go with paying for consumption, but hopefully someone else has gone through this and has more solid reasons to go on!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go with consumption personally...that seems like a ton of drinks for someone in 4 hours! Just make sure the servers aren''t going around replacing without asking, esp. if you are paying based on consumption.

At our luncheon we were there for about 4 hours and I think the most drinks anyone had was about 4 (assuming water is included here!).

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Consumption gets my vote.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The alternate venue? You mean, not Garre?!

ETA: Just to let you know, this is where food places make their $$$. A soda costs less than 10 cents a glass. Just wanted to let you know that to keep it in mind. I think per drink is probably better.

I'm really hoping that water is free.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Water is free. At least, I think so. I have an appointment with the woman tomorrow. I''ll double check.
33.gif
It should b be free unless bottled, right?

Cconsumption it is! Thanks all. I will have the DOC alterted to any overly enthusiastic drink clearing, we''ve noticed that at weddings too. John hates the thought of cosumption as a result. But there''s no good alternative. I just want this venue thing over with.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say I am so excited for you about potentially booking the new venue, make sure you let us know!!
4.gif

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 9:08:59 PM
Author:Gypsy
Okay so we''re going to book the alternate venue this week, most likely.

What would you do for NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages?

We''re just going to do the beer, wine and champagne on consumption but I''m torn about what to do with non-alcoholic beverages.

Beverages cost 2.50 each (all soft drinks and coffee and tea). Event, including ceremony, is 5 hours long. They have a package for 3 hours of continuous service of non-alcoholic drinks for $15 a head. I''ve asked them for pricing for a 4 hour package... probably 20 a head (yes, that''s for non-alcoholic beverages. Yes, I do wish I wasn''t having this wedding in Nor Cal).

So should I do the 20 a head for non-alcoholic beverages or just go on consumption?
33.gif

Just wanted to say that I empathize with you about the ridiculous bar fees. Our BYOB package is going to cost $900 for 4 hrs (or about $13/head for our 70 guests), and that pretty much just gives us a bartender, napkins and some soda and water. It does NOT include any glassware, mixers, fruit or even the bar itself! (Yes, we have to rent our own table and linens for them to set up the bar). And, unfortunately, we don''t have a by consumption option.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Back in Feb at a friends wedding I noticed they weren't serving anything but water at the tables. A waiter got me a soda out of the back, but only because I asked. A few people switched to soda once they saw you could ask for it, but all other guests were happy with water.

My vote is for consumption. Most guests, without kids of course, will think water is the only choice and go right along with it.

Gypsy: Did you find that the price ranges had a VAST difference at each different venue? I'm finding that some places where I would think it would be cheaper, seem to like to charge way more than we were expecting.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I need to pee just thinking about what they anticipate your guests will consume. Pay per drink totally. Yikes, good luck with that.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. Whew! We booked the alternate venue!!! Our deposit is fully refundable if we aren't happy with the food tasting, and they knocked the non-alcoholic beverages down to 10 a head for the entire length of the event, and will let me bring in bottled water for the ceremony. We're good.

Sarah, I'm pretty happy with the alternate venue. So is John. WHEW.

I do need to rent a few things now, and arrange a the rentals and delivery... but overall, it still fits my 'vision,' our budget, and will be lovely.

Newbie... yeah, it's crazy out here. And frankly annoying. 13 a head for basic set up and water is just...
38.gif
. Of course, if you are BYOB then they aren't making that huge service fee of 18+% on top of the ridiculous beverage prices.... so they gouge you.

Merasal... they are all cracked. Okay so there are a few sane ones-- few and far between and quickly booked. But they all price things so differently that it takes higher math skills just to comparison shop, and even when you think you've found a reasonably priced place... they pop you over the head with hidden fees. YIKES. GOOD LUCK... cause unfortunately, you are gonna need it.

Thank you swimmer!!! I love your AV, you are SO beautiful, and your wedding pics were just fabulous and your AV totally reminds me of them!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Glad the venue worked out, yay!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results