shape
carat
color
clarity

Best vacuum ever?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
The vacuum that FI has is terrible and old and I hate it.

We are going to put a vacuum on our wedding registry and I''m wondering what you guys would recommend
5.gif
2.gif

I''d like it to be 1) bag-less 2) work on hardwood floors
#2 is a biggie, since we don''t have a lot of rugs and I hate sweeping, but there is always cat litter and cat hair and cat everything.. everywhere.

So does anyone LOVE their vacuum enough to recommend it???
30.gif
30.gif
help help!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Dyson Animal and I adore it, it was an investment but it was SO worth it!!!! We use it on hw floors and our carpets and it''s great.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 8:13:50 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I have a Dyson Animal and I adore it, it was an investment but it was SO worth it!!!! We use it on hw floors and our carpets and it''s great.

+1 We have cats and I SWEAR I vacuum up another animal every time we clean.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I agree Dyson. I do not have one yet, but my friend does and it is well worth the money. I was looking at them recently and I believe the model I liked was the D25. It does hard floors and carpeting. I am so excited for you. I cant wait to get mine.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
There are so many models of the dyson animal. I want to get one as well. Which one do you girls recommend?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 8:18:34 PM
Author: Blair138

+1 We have cats and I SWEAR I vacuum up another animal every time we clean.

+2. Mine is 4 years old and still going strong.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine but it isn''t bag-less. It''s the Miele S4210 Carina and it is awesome.

I also have all hardwood floors and only a few area rugs, and this vacuum is definitely FANTASTIC on hard surfaces. It does the trick on my rugs but it''s really meant for hard surfaces.

I have 3 kitties so cat hair, cat litter and even sometimes pieces of dry cat food are vacuumed up on a regular basis. It''s quiet (I can talk on the phone while I vacuum!) and it doesn''t blow out a bunch of air to make the cat hair fly around when I''m vacuuming it up. It has great reviews on Amazon, too. Best vacuum ever!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 8:20:34 PM
Author: niccia
There are so many models of the dyson animal. I want to get one as well. Which one do you girls recommend?

We have the DC28, which is not the ball model, we are VERY happy with it

April20

Ideal_Rock
totally agree. Have had one for three years now. Best.vaccuum.ever. I have all hardwoods and a couple area rugs and it''s great. The only thing I don''t love is the way the attachments work.

I went to eat dinner and I come back to lots of rave reviews! I will look into all of these! Thanks.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the Dyson slim and it works wonderfully. When I purchased at BB&B they accepted one of their 20% off coupons and so I saved about $100. Before I had planned to buy the Animal, but then thought I''d try the Slim and see if it did the trick and it has. Our house is about 75% carpet and 25% hardwoods. I use it on both.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for Dyson Animal. I''ve had mine for 3 years and I love it!! I have the nonball version and it works great still! I may go and upgrade to the ball version though!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for Dyson Animal. I''ve had mine for 3 years and I love it!! I have the nonball version and it works great still! I may go and upgrade to the ball version though!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
we registered for the animal, but noone bought it for us. So, with our budget we got the shark navigator for like $400 less and LOVE it! It''s fantastic.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
we registered for the animal, but noone bought it for us. So, with our budget we got the shark navigator for like $400 less and LOVE it! It''s fantastic. Works great on hardwood, upholstery, carpet...great attachments, bagless, light, easy to manuver and in general just awesome!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Get a Dyson!!! Best money I have EVER spent!!

We have doggies and the turbo heads are fabulous for picking up the pet hair. Will never get another brand vac again! I love my Dyson
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2010 9:26:23 PM
Author: April20

totally agree. Have had one for three years now. Best.vaccuum.ever. I have all hardwoods and a couple area rugs and it''s great. The only thing I don''t love is the way the attachments work.
yep,PITB !!
20.gif
otherwise
36.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for a Miele hoover here. We have the cat and dog one and it is awesome. It isn''t bagless but it is great. Our cleaner loves it, she says it is the best hoover she has used.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I got a new one last month and switched back to a bag. I don''t like dealing with that dirt and dust with my contact lenses. It might be ok if you could empty it while outside, but we are in a high rise.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 8:20:34 PM
Author: niccia

I have the original Animal, the DC17. Like Tacori''s, it''s about 4 years old. The belt on the brush bar just went about a month ago and Dyson replaced it at no cost to us (shipping or otherwise). At the same time they sent us a new brush bar and cyclone because those parts had been redesigned since we bought ours. None of this was at cost to us. We didn''t even have to pay for shipping. So I guess my point is in addition to being a great product of high quality, the company stands by their product and really does honor the warranty.

Oh and I have these monsters to vacuum up after

HH furbabies 2.JPG

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
OK - so this is very unconventional, but...

I have a mini shop-vac as my main vacuum and could not be happier! lol!

Backstory:

I have ALL hardwood floors and live in a log home so need to vacuum the walls (logs) as well as the floors. I have up to 5 dogs and 1 cat in my home at any time (foster dogs for a rescue). So, vacuuming is a big project that is done regularly. I have tried SO many vacuums and they all end up crapping out - getting clogged, etc. The shop vac is the ONLY vacuum I have been able to use for the past year that does not clog - it can''t it''s just a simple, simple design - there is no where for things to clog. It is also by far the most powerful vacuum I have used - no hair left stuck to the floor after 1 pass with the shop vac. I bought a "muffler" of sorts (~$10) and it makes it much quieter. Replacement parts/attachments are very cheap and found in any hardware store.

I''ll never spend hundreds on a vacuum again, this little $70 vacuum has made my life SO much easier!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two Dysons - the one with the ball and the one without. They are both extraordinary pieces of equipment - would recommend a Dyson without hesitation!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought an $1100.- Electrolux on QVC about six years ago for $400.- (under a different model name and number, but same vac) and I love it.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Electrolux too. Still have my moms, and it is over 30 years old. Last year I bought a Miele and I love it. It is lighter than the electrolux and easier to move. It also is good for allergies. Love it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love our Dyson (we got the Animal about 2 years ago). I have to say though, the attachments aren''t easy to deal with. I like it best for regular vacuuming, not get-in-the-corners-of-areas types of vacuuming (if that makes sense).

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
We have the Dyson Animal too. I think it works great but that thing is SO heavy! Not so good when we had stairs at our old place. But then again, DH does most of the vacuuming
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love love love our Dyson slim (has the ball). Fantastic and light.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
As an engagement gift, my step-mil gave us her old Riccar and had it refurbished. Its been really great so far!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results