shape
carat
color
clarity

Best/Unique/Craziest Anniversary Present?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 10:55:58 AM
Author: IndyGirl22
Best present I've given BF: He is a shoe nut (not with stilettos like us but mostly rare Jordans) and I got him some limited edition pair that are unavailable now unless you go on ebay and pay about $2,500! Ridiculous, I know. He's also liked NFL & NBA & NCAA tickets I've gotten him.

Best present I've received from BF: He gave me an aquamarine ring with a diamond halo and diamonds half-way around the band. I
30.gif
it.

P.S. I have a tattoo on my right hip that I got with my ex-BF that says 'Love' in a crazy swirly/Celtic way so you wouldn't know it says Love unless you look at it a certain way ...I still love it even though we aren't together.
2.gif
**Minithreadjack**
Indy: C bought a pair of the 95' Jordans online last year. They were the ones that his mom never let him get when he was in elementary school. Now when I say he needs to get dressed up for the night, and he lays his clotes out on the bed... he'll put a black blazer, nice button up, designer jeans, and his jordans. I just laugh. He's gotten away with it a few times...
20.gif

Best anniv gift he's given me (the only on we have celebrated so far, #2 is in Oct)... last year for our anniversary, he gave me the receipt from buying my e-ring setting.

Best gift ever... for Christmas 06 he gave me a David Yurman ring, that I lost the last weekend in January. I pretty much tore myself apart over it. When I came down to visit for Valentine's Day, he gave me a traveling jewelry holder from redenvelope, and inside he had replaced the ring!!
30.gif
I only take my ring off in one place now.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Chris has 2 infinities on his chest! He''s obsessed with 8s. The number.

Anyhoo, the best gift he got me was my anni alexandrite ring. I was gonna buy it for myself but he ended up surprising me with it!
5.gif

The best thing I got him (and I''m so proud of it) was an ipod to replace the one he had just bought that was stolen out of my car while we were eating dinner. He was so upset to lose it and his reaction opening it xmas morning was priceless!!!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Odin.

I was out of town for a college thing on our first aniversary and he didn''t have any money so I wasn''t expecting much. I got home and dropped my stuff off at the dorm when my FI called (he was my BF at the time). He asked me to come down and let him in as the doors to the rooms were locked. As I came down the last flight of stairs, I could see through the window in the door and there was a tiny face, a tiny kitten face; my Odin.

I had always wanted a pure white cat with big blue eyes and a little pink nose who would be my cat and who would be attached to me, but I never told FI that, I just lucked out.

Turns out, the neighbors at the new place he was living in took in a stray who turned out to be pregnant. They just had the runt left and knew we had one cat so we liked them. They offered to let him see the kitten and, famous last words, "well, I''ll look", like the kitten wasn''t going to adorable or something. He was 6 weeks old and truely the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Anyway, Odin is 4 and the most sleek beautiful cat; he is also my little baby and my dream cat. Unquestionably the best gift he ever gave me.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 1:18:18 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
Odin.

I was out of town for a college thing on our first aniversary and he didn''t have any money so I wasn''t expecting much. I got home and dropped my stuff off at the dorm when my FI called (he was my BF at the time). He asked me to come down and let him in as the doors to the rooms were locked. As I came down the last flight of stairs, I could see through the window in the door and there was a tiny face, a tiny kitten face; my Odin.

I had always wanted a pure white cat with big blue eyes and a little pink nose who would be my cat and who would be attached to me, but I never told FI that, I just lucked out.

Turns out, the neighbors at the new place he was living in took in a stray who turned out to be pregnant. They just had the runt left and knew we had one cat so we liked them. They offered to let him see the kitten and, famous last words, ''well, I''ll look'', like the kitten wasn''t going to adorable or something. He was 6 weeks old and truely the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Anyway, Odin is 4 and the most sleek beautiful cat; he is also my little baby and my dream cat. Unquestionably the best gift he ever gave me.

On a side note, we almost just named our rescue cat "Odin"

That is a great gift.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got D and I a helicopter ride over Dublin bay for our 2nd anniversary. It was so much fun.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
My SO tells me the best and most unique present I ever gave him was.....a sock monkey. I have never seen a 30 year old man so excited to be getting a stuffed animal as a present. Then he asked me to make him another "girl monkey" to keep him company so I did a few weeks later. This year on our second anniversary I bought cupcakes and we celebrated the monkey''s birthdays. We love the monkeys like they are our kids it''s so cute.

Best he gave me was a necklace he gave me for Christmas it''s white gold and the charm looks like and infinity symbol and has tiny little pave diamonds over half of it. It''s so pretty and dainty and I wear it all most all the time.
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I got SO flying lessons for our second anniversary, because he always wanted to be a fighter pilot. I have emphatically let SO know that joining the military was a deal breaker for me, because I can''t handle long deployments. For our anniversary, I got him the lessons and told him that I wanted him to be able to fly, just not away from me!

He got me an ipod one year right after the nanos came out, which shocked me! He also has given me diamond earrings and a diamond heart pendant!

Also, not an anni, but he took me skydiving for my b-day, which was amazing! I would love to do a helicopter or hot air balloon ride, but my BIG dream is to vacation for a 5 days or so in CA just the two of us, biking down the PCH on a motorcycle
30.gif
I think it would be incredibly romantic!!! (would also settle for a convertible)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Best present BF has given me:
anniversary: heart necklace from tiffanys that says My heart is yours...
Christmas: heart bar pendant from tiffanys :) (I eyed it for a good 6 months..)

Best present Ive given BF:
anniversary:this year I gave him this like wood canister I painted beige and red inside with sweet sayings inside..and put 186 reasons I love him (from our anniversary to end of year--I told him Id like a ring by then, so I thought it was cute to tell him 186 reasons I love him till then :) )He absolutely loved it :)
christmas: well he got spoiled this last christmas (stinker) he got rockband, a bunch of clothes, guitar, guitar hero 3 and a bunch of other crap... hehehe i like to spoil him :)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 1:19:59 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 7/29/2008 1:18:18 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
Odin.

Turns out, the neighbors at the new place he was living in took in a stray who turned out to be pregnant. They just had the runt left and knew we had one cat so we liked them. They offered to let him see the kitten and, famous last words, ''well, I''ll look'', like the kitten wasn''t going to adorable or something. He was 6 weeks old and truely the cutest thing I have ever seen.

On a side note, we almost just named our rescue cat ''Odin''

That is a great gift.
1.gif
Now that I am home, I can post a picture from that fateful day (ignore that I had a crappy camera)

Set78_01.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Brazen, he is ADORABLE! Do you have any pictures of him now?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My husband is a really good gift giver...

For our wedding, he gave me a pair of to die for diamond earrings. I gave him a new motorcycle.

And for our wedding anniversaries, he always gives me a new Louis Vuttion bag. Now, we usually give each other, other things--like this year it was a trip to Las Vegas and a Laptop...but I can always count on a brand new bag.

The story behind it is kind of cute....

I have always loved designer bags...and always wanted a Louie bag. My dear hub, knowing this, spoils me with Coach bags once or twice a season, but never a Louie. Until a few days after our wedding he took me on a "field trip"...to the LOUIE store. Ever since then, I get a bag. It''s really wonderful.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 10:37:31 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
My husband is a really good gift giver...

For our wedding, he gave me a pair of to die for diamond earrings. I gave him a new motorcycle.

And for our wedding anniversaries, he always gives me a new Louis Vuttion bag. Now, we usually give each other, other things--like this year it was a trip to Las Vegas and a Laptop...but I can always count on a brand new bag.

The story behind it is kind of cute....

I have always loved designer bags...and always wanted a Louie bag. My dear hub, knowing this, spoils me with Coach bags once or twice a season, but never a Louie. Until a few days after our wedding he took me on a ''field trip''...to the LOUIE store. Ever since then, I get a bag. It''s really wonderful.
WOW lucky girl!! I LOVE LOUIE!!!!!! :-0
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
My best to him were a golf cooler with a gift certificate for a round of golf for 4 and then the Beer-of-the-Month club I got him (they sent 12 beers a month, 2-4 different types of micro brews each time). He LOVED them both and wants me to get them both again!
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely jealous of anyone who gets a new Louis Vuitton bag every year! I am still trying to convey to BF the importance of fabulous designer bags. He doesn''t get it though...

Our one year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and BF asked me what I wanted. I told him to save any big money he would spend on me for my e-ring. :)

As for his gift- I feel like I have already given him the best thing ever for a 20-something male-- a kegerator! For his birthday/graduation I purchased a compact fridge and a conversion kit so he could always have beer on tap in our new home. So now there is a stainless steel fridge in my nice dining room with Yuengling (local beer- we live in PA) in it. Classy... It will be hard to top that on my grad student budget.

In the few opportunities he has had to give me a gift hes done very well- the best being excellent Kanye West tickets and a pair of crazy white Kanye glasses for his most recent (AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING) tour.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results