shape
carat
color
clarity

Best/Unique/Craziest Anniversary Present?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All-

I was just wondering what you girls out there think was the best anniversary present you have ever gotten from you boyfriend? Or even the best present you have ever given? I have been dating my guy for almost 4 years, and for our 4 year anniversary, we decided to get matching tattoos (I KNOW! IT LASTS FOREVER ha everyone tells me this).
I really like how our tattoos turned out and I only have a picture of mine (his is almost the same).

It''s the infinity symbol which means forever.. we decided against initials for obvious reasons but I hope we do stay together forever! It''s on the inside of my ankle which is a good place for me because it can be covered up when necessary..

Let me know if this is in the wrong section or if there is already another thread like this..

I would just like to hear about everyone!
1.gif

1217286802.jpg

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
BF and I don''t exchange presents on our anniversary. We always go out to a nice dinner. Although, the first year we were dating he would take me out every month on our anniversary (corny, I know, but I loved it). Once we had our 1 year anniversary, he told me "I hope you realize this means the monthlies are over."
39.gif
Now we only go once a year but we go ALL OUT.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
That''s nice.. some years we go skimpy on the presents (this one was pretty cheap) but we normally go to the Melting Pot.. YUMMY and we go all out there so I know what you mean...
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

The funny thing about our anniversary is that we never celebrated it. I’m one that believes anniversaries are just for the married. But one day he and I were talking about never celebrating so we decided to just pick a date. The day we met wasn’t a good date cause I was dating his friend at the time. So we picked our anniversary out of a hat LOL. He selected the month (April) and I selected the day (5).

That was 3 years into our relationship. The first year he sent me 3 dozen roses at work, the next year I got a Coach bag, and this year we went to NY LOL

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. An Edible Arrangement with a heck of a lot of chocolate covered strawberries was for #2. And actually a smaller one was for #1 plus some other goodies.

Our official anniversary is Cinco De Mayo so we don''t really go out to dinner or anything.

Maybe #3 will bring in a shiny little round thing...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE handwritten letters, so hubby always works really hard to write a sweet, honest letter to me for big occasions. He doesn''t write much, and he isn''t the affectionate type, so these letters are so special to me. I actually found a Word document on his computer with a "draft" of one of the letters, he''s so sweet.

The best material gift he ever gave me was a first-edition of Ayn Rand''s Atlas Shrugged. It is in mint condition, and I had been looking for it for YEARS and he found it for me. (I actually thought he was going to propose when he gave me that book because his letter to me said that the gift was one-of-a-kind, the color was extremely special (Rand''s first editions are a gorgeous shade of green), rare, and coveted by many. Sounded like a sapphire engagement ring to me!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iloveasschers--I like your tattoo. I have a large one in the same place and it was SO painful!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
It is my second tattoo.. and my boyfriends first. I have one on my right hip and that one hurt way more because every time i flexed... OUCH! This one didn''t hurt too bad to me but I have a really really high pain tolerance. I love my tattoos.. I feel so unique and one of kind with them! No more for now though!
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Best present ever had to be my fattie cat :) (who is currently off at the vets getting shaved
25.gif
).

There are quite a few but one of the most romantic presents has to be when he bought me a melon baller, I was 19 and my dad kicked me out of home when we had a major fight and FF offered to live with me (even though it meant strained finances for him). I could not afford to live out of home being a struggling uni student and none of my friends were willing to leave home. I was so upset at the thought of moving in together (uber traditional girl we had only known each other for about a year) and struggled with it but accepted. We had nothing, no furniture, bed nothing his parents gave us cutlery and plates and a few odds and ends. I was so sure this would be the end of us and I was sure we would fail. One night before we made the move I started crying and started fixating on things I was like "how can we move out together we don''t even have a melon baller", so he went out and bought me one, to make me feel happy that was about 8/9 years ago and I still have it and it sits beside me on the computer table :).

FYI, I have never used it and to this date have never felt the need to make melon balls but I treasure it as one of my most cherished possessions.

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 8:56:54 PM
Author: Deelight
Best present ever had to be my fattie cat :) (who is currently off at the vets getting shaved
25.gif
).

There are quite a few but one of the most romantic presents has to be when he bought me a melon baller, I was 19 and my dad kicked me out of home when we had a major fight and FF offered to live with me (even though it meant strained finances for him). I could not afford to live out of home being a struggling uni student and none of my friends were willing to leave home. I was so upset at the thought of moving in together (uber traditional girl we had only known each other for about a year) and struggled with it but accepted. We had nothing, no furniture, bed nothing his parents gave us cutlery and plates and a few odds and ends. I was so sure this would be the end of us and I was sure we would fail. One night before we made the move I started crying and started fixating on things I was like ''how can we move out together we don''t even have a melon baller'', so he went out and bought me one, to make me feel happy that was about 8/9 years ago and I still have it and it sits beside me on the computer table :).

FYI, I have never used it and to this date have never felt the need to make melon balls but I treasure it as one of my most cherished possessions.

That is such a wonderful story! Gives me the warm fuzzies.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
delight that is soo cute!

My boyf and i both don''t remember the exact "day" since it started around midnight ;-) There is a small town fair that was going on when we hooked - i mean started dating, which we went to the next day :)

So for our anny we go to the fair and get the silly caractures drawn of us together. Its the best, and neither of us feel pressured (rent and most bills are due the same paycheck). although i''ll confess - i totally dream that he will pop the question while we''re getting our caracture done.. *sigh*

So far we have two caractures. I cannot wait to fill out fridge/walls with them!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 8:56:54 PM
Author: Deelight
25.gif
).

There are quite a few but one of the most romantic presents has to be when he bought me a melon baller, I was 19 and my dad kicked me out of home when we had a major fight and FF offered to live with me (even though it meant strained finances for him). I could not afford to live out of home being a struggling uni student and none of my friends were willing to leave home. I was so upset at the thought of moving in together (uber traditional girl we had only known each other for about a year) and struggled with it but accepted. We had nothing, no furniture, bed nothing his parents gave us cutlery and plates and a few odds and ends. I was so sure this would be the end of us and I was sure we would fail. One night before we made the move I started crying and started fixating on things I was like ''how can we move out together we don''t even have a melon baller'', so he went out and bought me one, to make me feel happy that was about 8/9 years ago and I still have it and it sits beside me on the computer table :).

Deelight, that is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!

Kris is a really good gift giver because he always gives me things I can USE. The first gift he ever got me (before we were even dating) was a cheese knife. It was a totally out of the blue "I saw this and thought of you" gift and it was perfect.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Not unique or crazy or anything, but this past weekend I bought FI a Playstation 3 for our upcoming anniversary. He has been desperately wanting one since they came out, and I think I've managed to convince him that I didn't get him one for our anniversary. He's going to be SO surprised, I cannot wait to see the look on his face when he opens it!
31.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Deelight... that is such a cute story.. it''s not sappy or too romantic it''s just perfectly sweet!

Starsparkle- I love video games and my boyfriend doesn''t so I would love that- but don''t you love surprising your SO!?!? I rarely can, but I love too! :)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 9:42:38 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Starsparkle- I love video games and my boyfriend doesn''t so I would love that- but don''t you love surprising your SO!?!? I rarely can, but I love too! :)

IloveAsschers, it''s the same with us!!! I love consul games and Kris...doesn''t. He''s a computer game kind of guy. I think I''ve got him sold on the Wii, though, so hopefully we''ll get one at some point!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Mark doesn''t like any kind of games.. no computer games, no consul games.. he doesn''t even watch sports! A winner huh?? No he loves his car. He loves the speed channel, but not NASCAR just custom cars. It''s funny because he is always on his Volvo forum, and I am always on PS! Two peas in a pod, me and him
2.gif

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
Speaking for gifts for the BF..... my BF has a birthday coming up and I asked him what he thinks he might like for a present. He suggested I get him a new wallet because apparently I am "too rough on his current wallet". Hardy Har Har.... he''s getting a lump of coal

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

I know its lame to keep posting on my own post but you gals are hilarious!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
What is a melon baller??? Deelight, that is the cutest story though - even though I''m wikipedia-ing "melon baller" as I type
2.gif

Speaking of, my one-year (young relationship, I know!) dating anniversary with the BF is coming up...and I have no idea what to get him. I''ve already got him his birthday present, which is in a couple weeks, and mailed it out (I''m in Tokyo, he''s in NYC for the summer) but that means I''m blanking on what to get him for the anniversary in October (I start planning early, lol). He''s soooo not materialistic - makes it really hard to buy presents! Loves sports - got him tickets to the Chicago Fire game (Chicago soccer team - favorite sport) for his birthday. We''ve been to a Cubs game. Bears tix are expensive....

Help! Suggestions?

And to add my own contribution to the thread (since I''m thread-jacking it somewhat), for his birthday I got him a yellow tie in addition to the soccer tix - it was one of those ongoing search things, could never find the right one except for a super-expensive one at Nordstroms...and I found the perfect one here in Japan! So of course I had to buy it!
3.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 11:00:28 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Speaking of, my one-year (young relationship, I know!) dating anniversary with the BF is coming up...and I have no idea what to get him. I''ve already got him his birthday present, which is in a couple weeks, and mailed it out (I''m in Tokyo, he''s in NYC for the summer) but that means I''m blanking on what to get him for the anniversary in October (I start planning early, lol). He''s soooo not materialistic - makes it really hard to buy presents! Loves sports - got him tickets to the Chicago Fire game (Chicago soccer team - favorite sport) for his birthday. We''ve been to a Cubs game. Bears tix are expensive....

Help! Suggestions?

FI absolutely LOVES getting socks for birthdays and Christmas and whenever. Seriously, he is always so damn happy whenever I get him socks, it''s really cute. Maybe it''s a guy thing?

And yay soccer! FI and I are Earthquakes season ticket holders.
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Haha if BF had any more socks, I don''t know where I would cram them. Drawer space is getting tight
3.gif

I was thinking of planning a weekend trip or something - we live in Chicago so I was thinking possibly Wisconsin...except it''ll be getting colder around October and we don''t have a car. I feel like costs could spiral easily with that plan. And a weekend in NYC would be fun...except he''s in NYC now, plus we''ll be there all through September for interviews.

And since I''m in Tokyo, I have TONS of resources for souvenirs...but none are very romantic. (On a different note, I did splurge and buy a really nice replica katana the other day in Kyoto!). But sadly, BF is not very much into weapons so no dice there.

What to do, what to do?

(but Star, BF was SUPER-excited about the Fire tickets!)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you girls liked my story :) he is a sweetie he may not always get it right but he does when it counts I almost started tearing up witting it, brought back memories of way back when and got me thinking.

Brown.Eyed.Girl A melon baller is a tool you use to make balls out of melon, they kinda look like mini ice-cream scoops mine is double ended so you can make two different sizes of balls.

I attached a picture for you :).

I am so enjoying reading about all the different gifts :).

melonballer.JPG

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 9:59:06 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Mark doesn''t like any kind of games.. no computer games, no consul games.. he doesn''t even watch sports! A winner huh?? No he loves his car. He loves the speed channel, but not NASCAR just custom cars. It''s funny because he is always on his Volvo forum, and I am always on PS! Two peas in a pod, me and him
2.gif

Kris is a big car nut as well--he''s not into NASCAR, but he LOVES Formula 1. Has your bf watched it? It''s neat because all the cars are custom made by the teams. It''s the only sport he and I watch.

What kind of car does your bf have? Kris had an Audi S4 that was his BABY, but he sold it in March when we moved in together and didn''t need two cars.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Mark has a 95 850R volvo... HE is soooo proud of his car. He went to a volvo meet over the weekend in Canada and his car won second best by people''s choice! He puts a lot of time into it and he does all the work by himself.. he took out the whole engine and made the automatic into a manual. I think that''s pretty impressive! He is always working on it so this year for him I got him new lights. He only really wants stuff for his car but it''s his favorite hobby so I know he will love presents like that.
1.gif

krispi

Shiny_Rock
One of the first things my BF and I discovered we had in common (when we were talking, before we even met on our first date) was that we both love NYC and would love to live there one day. Our first Christmas was 2 months after we started dating, and one of my gifts from him was a black and white print of NY. I bought my townhouse last September and decided to decorate my office with black and white pictures of NY. I used the one he had already given me and another one that I bought myself. Our 1 year anniversary was a little over a month after I moved in, and I cooked up a big dinner at my place. I didn''t even realize we were exchanging gifts, but he came with all these packages. He had taken his old black and white NYC calendars that he had saved over the years and used them to make all kinds of artwork for my new room - a large one to hang on the wall and several smaller ones to sit on my bookshelf. Even though he did all the framing and matting himself, they look very professional and I get compliments on them a lot. I thought that was really sweet because it was something meaningful and I know he spent a lot of time on it.

According to him, the best present I ever got him was his Leatherman Wave.
37.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My craziest was a Vanilla Ice CD from Hubby for our 3rd wedding anniversary!
31.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Best present I've given BF: He is a shoe nut (not with stilettos like us but mostly rare Jordans) and I got him some limited edition pair that are unavailable now unless you go on ebay and pay about $2,500! Ridiculous, I know. He's also liked NFL & NBA & NCAA tickets I've gotten him.

Best present I've received from BF: He gave me an aquamarine ring with a diamond halo and diamonds half-way around the band. I
30.gif
it.

P.S. I have a tattoo on my right hip that I got with my ex-BF that says "Love" in a crazy swirly/Celtic way so you wouldn't know it says Love unless you look at it a certain way ...I still love it even though we aren't together.
2.gif

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 7:15:05 PM
Author:IloveAsschers13
Hello All-

I was just wondering what you girls out there think was the best anniversary present you have ever gotten from you boyfriend? Or even the best present you have ever given? I have been dating my guy for almost 4 years, and for our 4 year anniversary, we decided to get matching tattoos (I KNOW! IT LASTS FOREVER ha everyone tells me this).
I really like how our tattoos turned out and I only have a picture of mine (his is almost the same).

It''s the infinity symbol which means forever.. we decided against initials for obvious reasons but I hope we do stay together forever! It''s on the inside of my ankle which is a good place for me because it can be covered up when necessary..

Let me know if this is in the wrong section or if there is already another thread like this..

I would just like to hear about everyone!
1.gif
That''s very cool and the infinity symbol is perfect! I may have to steal that idea...... but I think deep down I will alwasy be too chicken to get a tatoo. Good location too, so you can hide it! I always thoguth that a small ladybug in the big toe cleavage area would be nice and low key.

Anyway...
My Baby wants a Biohazard symbol on his arm if he ever gets one. UHH WHAT??????
I guess I''m the more optimistic one! LOL

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Best gift I ever got her was a first edition copy of Gone With the Wind, her favorite book. (She was an English major) Problem was that was the first one I got her and I set the bar a little too high! Everything since then has been good, but nothing will ever measure up to that one!

Best she ever got me actually wasn''t a huge gift. Our anniversary is the day before Valentine''s Day (our first date was actually Friday, Feb. 13 and it ended on V Day!), so we each plan one of the two days every year. Last year, she didn''t want to do the same old nice dinner and a movie type of thing, so instead, we went to our favorite Italian place in town, then we went to Chuck E Cheese''s to play in the arcade! (We would have gone to Dave & Buster''s but there isn''t one even remotely near us) We had such a blast just playing all these ridiculous games from our childhood and just enjoying each others company. We turned everything into a competition and were making bets left and right. I think I ended up having to take her to see the girliest movie should could find and buy her whatever popcorn, candy and drink she wanted. Then we ended the night with a drink at the bar where we had ended our first date a few years ago. It was a great night and way better than any material gift she could have gotten me.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
I have an infinity tattoo, too! It''s on my wrist. It''s totally unrelated to SO, but I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results