shape
carat
color
clarity

Best quality boys shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband is a huge fan of Merells, so the boys have been wearing Merrills for years. The deal is my younger son (7) drags his feet and regardless of how much we spend ($50-70 - crazy), his shoes wear out really fast. Finally I decided to instead buy him less expensive ones from a store (Fred Meyer - a NW chain store) and they were fine for about a month, but then EVERY day, he''d come home with his socks soaked through. It was partly due to the mesh the shoes had (I sprayed them with both suede guard and fabric guard and that didn''t help).

I''m having a difficult time finding shoes that a) won''t fall apart under the stress of how he treats his shoes and b) ones that don''t have a lot of mesh where water can soak through.

Yesterday I ended up buying him Adidas skate shoes which have the rubber all the way around the base. . .maybe those will last longer?

Any recommendations for good shoes that hold up to more wear-and-tear? (My 9 year old still wears Merrells and they last *a lot* longer on him.)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skate shoes will last longer. They're meant to take a lot of abuse. I've always worn Vans.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I agree about the skate shoes - they are meant to hold up under constant scuffing.

Have you tried getting him an hour or two with the physical therapist in his school? I remember they had one specifically for "walking" issues like feet dragging, walking on your toes, ect.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, he''s not been to a physical therapist, but has seen an occupational therapist and she said he''s very physical (like when he talks and writes, he moves his body more than others). He''s an interesting kid. Writes TONS of books . . .they''re scattered all over the house. Yeah, has nothing to do with shoes, but still expresses that he is very physical and visual.

We''ll work with the skate shoes! Thanks! Those may do the trick.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i would check out kid keen targhee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results