shape
carat
color
clarity

Best proposal stories

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just reading the latest proposal thread in Proposal Ideas and it got me thinking. It''s a great idea by the way. What are the best stories you''ve heard?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mine! hehe, well I''m biased
2.gif
but it was perfect for us. Natural, romantic, heartfelt!

I''ve read so many great stories in the LIW thread, Blueroses proposal is still one of my favorites!!!!. There are so many more though, I''ve cried with a couple!
5.gif

M~

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I think BlueRoses is my favorite as well. Where is she, anyway?

*M*

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hmmm...good question! I haven''t seen her around in a while!

M~

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
My friend has a pretty sweet story:

He and his wife met at Cornell when he was a senior and she was a freshmen. After he graduated, he moved to Maryland but they continued dating (long distance) for 3 more years until she graduated and moved down to MD to be closer to him.

A year after, they took a roadtrip back to Cornell for a mini-reunion with friends. Little did she know that he was planning to propose!

In the weeks leading up to the proposal, he made a video-journal (he has a friend who''s an amateur videographer) of buying the ring, his excitement, nervousness, etc.

When they finally made it to Cornell, he arranged it so that they would "randomly" run into a student acappella group (which he had been part of back at school). He asked them to sing "This I Promise You" by N''Sync for them. During the last verse, he suddenly joined them in serenading her. He also had changed the lyrics of the last few lines so that they said, "Oh, _______ I love you - will you marry me?" And by this time, he was on one knee.

The best part was that his videographer friend had taped the entire thing secretly! They then edited the video together so that it forms a story, and made a website for her.

I would post a link to the website but I want to protect their privacy. But it''s definitely one of the best proposal stories I''ve heard.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally would prefer a private proposal, but proposal stories always remind me of a public one that sounded romantic. This guy was flying in from somewhere and his girlfriend was waiting at the gate for him. He wanted to propose in a unique way, so he (or a flight attendant) got on the PA on the plane and told the other passengers that he wanted their help in proposing. The guy made sure he was the last one off the plane and he had given everyone ahead of him a rose (along with a description (picture?) of what his girlfriend looked like. As everyone got off the plane, they went to the girlfriend and gave her the rose they carried. She was stunned, and by the time her boyfriend got off the plane, she had a beautiful bouquet in hand. She must have known what was going on by that point, but she was still surprised at the gesture made by everyone. When he got off the plane, she started crying and he went right over to her, got on one knee, and proposed. The other passengers waited around to watch the proposal, and everyone clapped and congratulated them once she said yes. I always thought that was romantic, although it was done in public.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh beautiful
36.gif

seejanego

Rough_Rock

Not to sound redundant, but I think mine is, too! (LOL). I think for the most part, everyone holds a certain fondness for what happens to them, right? I certainly agree with SanDiegoLady''s that everyone''s is beautiful, though. Here''s how mine went down:

Scott asked me to be his wife at a Mont Blanc pen boutique -- the exact spot where we first met at his charity gala almost two years prior. The night before he asked me if I would mind if we stopped by Mont Blanc to get his pen cleaned, and I, of course, obliged. The day of the proposal I was under the guise that we were en route to a charitable dinner thrown by one of his former teammates, and that Scott would be signing copies of his own children books there, and therefore would be using his Mont Blanc pen.

Well, there was no event.

And I was none the wiser until we were at Mont Blanc and Scott handed me a pamphlet from his foundation. It was, in fact, the same type of brochure I had written my telephone number and e-mail address on the evening we met. While standing at the counter, Scott had written on it, Courtney, will you marry me??? By the time I realized what was going on, he was down on one knee with the engagement ring and wedding band in hand. I immediately uttered yes and proceeded to call my parents, his Mom, and more relatives. We then we headed to Brio Tuscan Grille, where the staff served us their signature dessert, Mikes Famous Cheesecake, on the house! We ended the day toasting with Cristal at my parents'' home where we also celebrated with neighbors. It was a perfect day from start to finish!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results