shape
carat
color
clarity

Best pre-made jewelry cleaner for plated white gold ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Can''t afford the ultrasonic or anything like that and don''t want to have to mix mine own solution. Do you have any recs? Store-bought or from online are both good. Thanks!

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/9/2009 2:03:29 PM
Author:MeganShannon11
Best pre-made jewelry cleaner for plated white gold?

Hello Megan, just to clarify you are referring to a white gold ring which has been rhodium plated to slow down the oxidation process? Or are you referring to a ring made of another metal that has been plated to resemble white gold?

Either option should be fine with something like Connoisseurs Jewelry Cleaner which I can find in the cleaning aisle of the local grocery store for a couple of bucks. However if the ring is not gold and has been "gold plated" then you''ll definitely want to take it easy with the scrub brush! Which actually people should use sparingly to begin with because prongs can be loosened and even pulled back if the bristles get stuck under the prongs (it''s easier to do than you might think!).

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
It''s white gold that''s been plated with rhodium. Thanks.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My hands down favorite of all time is Gemcare Products. You may be able to buy it at your local jewelers, if not, tell them they are missing a bet by not having it, it works incredibly well!

Wink

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only use GemCare on my white gold, not Connoisseur which contains some ammonia. Ammonia can etch white gold. You can order GemCare on amazon, which is what I do. The added benefit to having it for me, is that I can also clean my pearl earrings with it.

PS buy a baby's toothbrush to use, it's much softer and less damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results