shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Places To Register?

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I were talking about where we should be registering for wedding gifts. We're thinking two places will give us the most options, but we're having trouble deciding where the best places will be. Thoughts?

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I read that basically the best places to register are places that have the best return policy and you can get a discount if you end up purchasing things that were on your registry that were not gifted to you. I'm in the US and I registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Kohl's for those reasons. Even if you don't have a gift receipt they will give you store credit for items purchased at their locations. Also anything bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond is guaranteed. If it breaks and you return it they will exchange it for a new item, no questions asked.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
We're definitely doing Target and they offer a discount on things that were not purchased off the registry. We're just trying to think of another place.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think a lot of places offer a discount on things not purchased from the registry. We registered at Macy's, Williams-Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bed Bath and Beyond had everything we wanted. And then we registered at Crate and Barrel too. Both were great.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Just talked to one of my MOHs (I have two, best friend of 5 years and my cousin and confident for a lifetime) and we discussed carte and Barrel or possibly Ikea, since they ahve such fun textiles. I really like their rugs and curtains and they are crazy cheap. Any thoughts on Ikea? Not for furniture or anything, but textiles, dishes, and random things.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1334753721|3174094 said:
Just talked to one of my MOHs (I have two, best friend of 5 years and my cousin and confident for a lifetime) and we discussed carte and Barrel or possibly Ikea, since they ahve such fun textiles. I really like their rugs and curtains and they are crazy cheap. Any thoughts on Ikea? Not for furniture or anything, but textiles, dishes, and random things.
A lot of Ikea stuff can't be purchased online so it would depend if there is a store near you or where the majority of your present givers are. Also, depending on how long your engagement is for, they may change the items or not get that item back in stock once it is sold out. I would vote for Crate and Barrel. Another good choice could be Williams Sonoma. A lot would depend on what type of things you are hoping to register for, what price range the items you want are in and if you are looking for basics or already have a lot of your own things. I would check out the online sites and see how much you like on each and decide that way.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We registered at Crate and Barrel and Macy's. We didn't have a problem with either one.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! We decided on Target (registed two weeks ago) and Crate and Barrel which we'll be doing shortly. I'm really getting excited now! :appl:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
We registered at four places (yikes, I know! We got most of it, too)

Macy's- 10% off after the wedding, 5% of all gifts will be mailed to us on a gift card, and almost everything we registered for was available in stores all of the time. Our first shower was 4 months out, and the stuff available then is still there now. Several things arrived broken, and it was always handled well.

Neiman Marcus- fantastic experience picking everything out. Our SA was wonderful and helped me make a lot of decisions. While our gifts through them were pricy, they carried the same crystal as Macy's, but shipping was always free. Customer service was top notch.

Pottery Barn- Loved the stuff, especially their "Caterer's" line of products. Our daily dinner plates were $50 for 12. My big problem with them, and Williams-Sonoma was that their products changed too frequently. I didn't have time to be going in and checking what they had available in store versus online/catalog. So, people would go in before a shower and there would be next to nothing from my registry in the store. They discontinued 3 different bedding sets that I picked out, so we still don't have a quilt..

Williams-Sonoma- I adore the store and the French Country look they have. But again, they discontinued things too frequently. I did like that while friends were shopping there they would also pick up a nice olive oil or pasta sauce in addition to the gift. It made for some cute presents (and we will have some yummy dinners soon!!)

All of them offered great return policies, and everyone except NM gives 10% off after the wedding.

Sorry for my novel!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
OUpeargirl|1335833291|3184443 said:
Pottery Barn- Loved the stuff, especially their "Caterer's" line of products. Our daily dinner plates were $50 for 12. My big problem with them, and Williams-Sonoma was that their products changed too frequently. I didn't have time to be going in and checking what they had available in store versus online/catalog. So, people would go in before a shower and there would be next to nothing from my registry in the store. They discontinued 3 different bedding sets that I picked out, so we still don't have a quilt..

Williams-Sonoma- I adore the store and the French Country look they have. But again, they discontinued things too frequently. I did like that while friends were shopping there they would also pick up a nice olive oil or pasta sauce in addition to the gift. It made for some cute presents (and we will have some yummy dinners soon!!)
quote]

Thank you so much for this information! We were considering Pottery Barn, since I love their stuff, but this just makes me want to steer clear from that.

Target also does the 10% off on everything not purchased from the registry and I think that works with crate and barrel as well. I appreciate the feedback! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results