shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place to buy colored stones

EmeraldinMay

Rough_Rock
Hello, I'm very new to the scene and have always wanted a nice emerald for a mens ring. Any suggestions of best place to purchase without losing your shirt? I am not needing the highest quality per se, but certainly would prefer a nice stone. I thought I'd through the question out to the forum for some advice. Thank you!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size, budget, desirable colour, amount of inclusions, and acceptable treatment do you have in mind please, as it would help with searches etc...?

TIA.

DK :))

Last edited:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so first things first, I would highly recommend you do some research (if you haven't already) by reading loads of threads in this forum relating to Emeralds. Not only will that tell you what to watch out for, it will also give you an idea of vendors that have been used over and over again. There is a also a list of vendors pinned to the top of this part of the forum that may give you some ideas too,

EmeraldinMay

Rough_Rock
What size, budget, desirable colour, amount of inclusions, and acceptable treatment do you have in mind please, as it would help with searches etc...?

TIA.

Thanks. Maybe 1 - 1.5 carats? It would be a center stone in a mens ring. I am not sure what budget to consider, but I would think maybe around $3,000 for the stone?

EmeraldinMay

Rough_Rock
I actually am not as fond of the deep green emeralds as I like the medium color as long as the saturation is pretty good. I anticipate inclusions considering it is an emerald after all, but like if there is some transparency in the stone as well so you get some depth to the stone. I'm less familiar with the treatments, but never expected to find a natural stone without them so I'm flexible there as well. Hopefully that will help in keeping the price a little bit better.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have read good things about Embassy Emerald, and they have a good selection to suit all budgets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results