shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place in MAUI to propose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FirstTime

Rough_Rock
Simple, straightforward, honest and romantic. Horseback ride, or a simple secluded walk on the beach? Have learned one thing in this forum - have it recorded!!!

Thanks in advance!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I haven't been to Hawaii since I was a kid. However, I've lived in southern california since I was in elementary school and I think the beach at night is so romantic. Just don't drop the ring!!!!
eek.gif

Pearl

Rough_Rock
Personally I think that a very romantic proposal would be to get up early and go up to Haleakala to watch the sunrise. The view is unbelieveable. Haleakala in Hawaiian means "House of the Sun".

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, First Time! I love reading everyone's proposal ideas.

If you should take Pearl's great advice, remember that Haleakala is over 10,000 ft. in elevation- it's freezing cold!!! Bundle up very warmly.

It is said that watching a sunrise here is out of this world. You are ABOVE the clouds! Haleakala means "House of the Sun" and it's considered one the the best views to be seen in the world.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do. This is a memory to last a lifetime, how wonderful of you to plan something so special.

under_cover

Rough_Rock
FirstTime, can you elaborate a bit more on what kind of proposal you're envisioning? Haleakala is an incredible trip, but quite a trek up and down. Depending on where you're staying on the island, you may have to leave as early as 2am to catch sunrise. However, it's worth it.

I think the time around sunset is beautiful on Maui. The beaches in Kihei and Makena have a great view and would be a great spot to propose. I particularly like Kam 1 in Kihei and in Makena Big Beach and Little Beach. If you propose on a weekday, you'll probably find Kam 1 and parts of Big Beach pretty empty.

There's also a fantastic restaraunt that faces the ocean and is next to a small beach in Kihei. I don't remember the name, but it's one of the last right turns before South Kihei Road curves up into Wailea. You could take a walk on the beach at sunset and propose then have a table facing the water waiting for you for dinner.

I love Maui!

FirstTime

Rough_Rock
We will be staying at the Maui Prince Hotel towards the end of April. We have planned the sunrise trip on Haleakala (she's an avid biker and I'm an avid, um, drafter). I would like something very personal and straightforward - no diamonds hidden while snorkeling, etc. I'm looking for a solitary romantic place to propose. I've been told to have somebody videotape it, also. Am leaning towards the beach sunset setting as this point, unless someone with experience and knowledge of Maui can offer some guidance.

Thanks again!!!

under_cover

Rough_Rock
The Maui Prince Hotel is in Makena which is exactly where Big Beach and Little Beach are. It's just a couple minutes drive from your hotel. If you're looking for something simple, I would recommend either of these beaches at sunset. They are stunning at this time of day. And in April, you might catch a whale or two during your proposal. Little Beach is a clothing optional beach that is completely secluded. While on Big Beach, face the water and look to your right. You will see a large cliff that you hike over to find Little Beach. The hike is actually pretty easy. At sunset, early in the week (Tues, Wed) this beach can be pretty empty. If you'd rather have more privacy or the clothing optional thing freaks you out, Big Beach is so huge, it's you'll definitely be able to find a nice quiet spot there.

You also might consider proposing at La Perouse which is a beautiful area at then end of Makena where a beach and lava flow meet. To get there, continue down the road from your hotel, past Big Beach, for a few more miles. Eventually you drive through a large lava field and the road will dead end at La Perouse. You can park here then if you continue to hike along the water, you'll find some hidden beaches close by. A few years ago they blocked this are off from 4x4s, so you're guaranteed several beautiful and private spots to choose from.

under_cover

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results