shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place in America to buy diamond ring in weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sarah

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I live in Copenahgen and although i have found a ring here that i like, it is really pricey (brillant cut, .61 carat, D, VVS1, platnium band, very simple design is over $10,000). We are thinking of making a weekend trip and flying to somewhere in the States to buy either a loose diamond or get a ring at the same time. Ideally i would like a bigger diamond- surprise!!

Can you recommend the best place to buy a diamond of high quality in a short space of time?

19.gif
Any pointers would be appreicated!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
WF(Houston) if you have looked on their web page here and you could ask them to have a few waiting for you. Or NYC diamond district.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
I second whiteflash.com. They also have some gorgeous setting that are their own exclusive designs, mostly lovely cathedral solitaires and they do carry some of the major brands like Vatche''.

If you go to NYC definetly make an appointment with exceldiamonds.com, who specialize in round ideals and princess cuts. They too have some classic solitaires that are their own and carry Vatche''. I also recommend diamonideals.com who have the AGS Triple Ideal Cuts and designs by Martin Flyer and their own exclusive rings. A great place for GIA certified diamonds in various shapes and sizes, plus LOTS of engagement rings, particuarly pave is dialadiamond.com. You also get 1/2 off your engagement ring if you purchase the center stone from them. If you love estate jewelry there are a couple of places in the Diamond District that I''d check, newyorkestatejewelry.com and antiqueengagementrings.com.

That''s all I can think of for now! Definetly call ahead if you find something you like on their websites and if you are looking for something in particular.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I third the Whiteflash suggestion. That is where I got my stone/setting and had a wonderful experience working with them. You could browse their website for stones that look interesting to you then give them a call to discuss the stones and set up an appointment.

I would also consider talking to Jonathan at Good Old Gold (Long Island). They have an extensive website that is very educational and also provides a great deal of information on every one of their in-house stones. I emailed Jonathan several times and he was always very responsive and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results