shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Paint Colour For Jewellery Store

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My friend has a small jewellery store and is having it repainted and recarpeted. It is currently a pale yellow and there is a lot of medium stained walnut wood in her store, including the showcases.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a paint colour that would be appropriate to create a ''I wanna buy mood'', but also make the customers feel comfortable? I had suggested a lighter olive green colour but I thought this would be the best place to get some other opinions. Any ideas?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SDL! I will suggest that to her. She doesn''t use the typical jewellery store lights though as they are quite expensive and she has a small town type of store. I have encouraged her to spend the extra money for the lighting above the diamond showcases though, as I think it is money well spent.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 12:03:16 PM
Author:hlmr
My friend has a small jewellery store and is having it repainted and recarpeted. It is currently a pale yellow and there is a lot of medium stained walnut wood in her store, including the showcases.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a paint colour that would be appropriate to create a ''I wanna buy mood'', but also make the customers feel comfortable? I had suggested a lighter olive green colour but I thought this would be the best place to get some other opinions. Any ideas?
I wouldn''t do olive green... I would do something that would enhance the diamonds like blues or warm colors...

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I would think a deep blue or dark purple would really showcase the sparkle. I definitely wouldn''t do yellow.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a nice medium blue would show off the jewelry well. I''d stay away from green though.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely a cool color, in the blue category. Nothing even remotely warm!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks very much everyone!
35.gif
I am so glad I asked, as my first thoughts were way off base!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
hlmr, one of the best investments when re-decorating, especially in that type of store your friend has is...kids table and chair with the set of Crayola and coloring books. It keeps little buggers busy while mom is looking.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
not yellow! wonder if it means that their D''s look tinted, yikes.

i guess something that doesn''t INFLUENCE the purchase would be good too. aka a true white would seem smartest but sounds kind of boring doesn''t it?

i''d say dark olive green or a dark sapphire blue. i love both colors in my stone. both are ''elegant'' esp with darker wood, and both would reflect prettily into the stones.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Green is a def. "no" in my book ... because of the yellow-ish component and because green makes everyone look sick.

Coco Chanel said every woman should have a pink bathroom ... because all women look awesome bathed in a pinkish glow. (Remember Blanche DuBois putting pink scarves over the lamps in "Streetcar Named Desire"?)

I''d vote pale, pale pinkish ... so pale you can barely tell it''s pink. I have a guestroom a color like that and I think it was called "Vintage" or "Lingerie" or something like that. It just GLOWS. And everyone feels good in there (and looks good!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
not all greens have yellow undertones, my fave are gray greens, they are so elegant.

and see i''m not a real fan of pink!! for some things maybe but not a whole store. hehee. though maybe pink would appeal to many women. but not men?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bright white with pretty lighting and decorations...or a calm shade of blue to compliment the diamonds. No yellow, brown, or orange....it will make the diamonds look yucky. Focus on the lighting, it''s important. You don''t want yellow lighting either, bright white.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany blue?
2.gif

Actually white walls with recessed lighting would be nice.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 5:25:07 PM
Author: Pricescope
hlmr, one of the best investments when re-decorating, especially in that type of store your friend has is...kids table and chair with the set of Crayola and coloring books. It keeps little buggers busy while mom is looking.
11.gif
That is an excellent idea and I will pass that on to her for sure!! I might even have some props to facilitate that suggestion in my basement!! Must go look......

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
The thing is with this particular store, there are not a whole lot of diamonds showcased, and they are usually less than a carat. Anything bigger, she brings in for her customers. Therefore, the colour should be good for all the jewellery showcased there including silver and gemstones. She did say she didn''t want the colour to be too dark because it is already dark inside (no windows, only light from the door).

Mara, I was originally thinking a dark olive green and then went to a light olive green after she said this but I was thinking about what would look good with the wood, more than the jewellery so now I don''t know.

Deco, I know what you mean about the pink, but I am pretty sure she wouldn''t go for that colour.

The men are a big consideration and an environment to put them at ease is important too. KC and Jelly, I will mention the white (with a tinge of blue) and the tiffany blue to see what she thinks.

Thanks again everyone!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think I remember seeing a light greyish-blue chip at Restoration hardware that would be great. It was very light and subtle. I love how restoration hardware has their own store painted with their paint colors so you can see how it looks!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
well if you're not trying to compliment diamonds - my first thought was something accented with Red to trigger the lovey dovey passion of getting jewelry for your beloved Mom, or to celebrate an anniversary....men respond well to Red

Olive, walnut and red could be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results