shape
carat
color
clarity

Best online vendor for 2 ctw diamond studs?

beze

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy 2 ctw diamond studs with Ideal cut, G-H color, VS2-SI1 clarity. I ideally want an online vendor with an upgrade policy. From the little research I have done online retailers do not have the most attractive diamond pairings. When one diamond looks good then the partner in the pair is just average.

Can anyone recommend online vendors for diamond stud earrings who might have a large and quality selection of diamond pairs?

Also, are there any online vendors who let you create your own diamond pair from their diamond inventory (rather than be restricted to their pre-selected pairs) and also offers an upgrade policy?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just bought a slighter larger pair of studs from BGD (3.41 tcw)...I picked the stones and then the setting, no restrictions placed on me at all. Everything went in the basket, I paid and tada! Studs! I should have them Monday.... And yes they have a nice upgrade policy though I do not plan on using it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cokitty's stunners from BGD - www.whiteflash.com www.jamesallen.com www.goodoldgold.com have easy build-your-own procedures and tools to help you choose stones online. Would also contact some Crafted by Infinity vendors if you're looking for H&A diamonds (www.highperformancediamonds.com and www.niceice.com both sell the line, and there are other vendors), or www.idjewelryonline.com if you're looking to do this at a lower pricepoint w/o H&A stones but don't want to sacrifice on the service aspect.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I used Whiteflash for my studs, and I loved working with them. Great selection. awesome stones, and nice people to boot. They also have an excellent upgrade policy. I would contact them for sure. Good luck!! :appl:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
beze|1307857530|2943854 said:
I am looking to buy 2 ctw diamond studs with Ideal cut, G-H color, VS2-SI1 clarity. I ideally want an online vendor with an upgrade policy. From the little research I have done online retailers do not have the most attractive diamond pairings. When one diamond looks good then the partner in the pair is just average.

Can anyone recommend online vendors for diamond stud earrings who might have a large and quality selection of diamond pairs?

Also, are there any online vendors who let you create your own diamond pair from their diamond inventory (rather than be restricted to their pre-selected pairs) and also offers an upgrade policy?

I suspect that any of the recommended vendors here will gladly let you pick through their inventory to create a pair of earrings and if you find two diamonds with separate vendors and both have upgrade policies then when the time comes you can exercise your upgrade policies with those vendors. Neither will much care who gets to make the earrings, they will just be happy to work with you. Jonathon at GOG and I did this already for one of the Pricescope faithful.

I think you will find that the vendors here are always looking for ways to make your life easier, not making silly restrictions to make it harder.

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I wouldn't buy diamonds any other way. Top quality ideal cut stones can be found at Good Old Gold, WhiteFlash, Brian Gavin, and High Performance diamonds, all of which offer full value for upgrades. I would certainly match stones from 2 different vendors if it was my final pair, but if you plan to trade up later, I'd encourage you to find a pair at one vendor. Your specs are basically what I look for as well. I will take a look and see what is available.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

beze

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your responses. I have been distracted with other stuff and looks like prices have gone up in the meantime!

I am mainly looking for GIA certified diamonds and am trying to keep my budget below $15,000. Does this impact the list of vendors I should be looking at? Some of the vendors you mentioned do not carry many GIA stones. Aagin, looking for a good vendor that offers an upgrade policy.

Also, which of the C's should I compromise on given my budget? I am willing to go down to "H" color- should I be considering "I" color?
For clarity grade should I go below SI1 to for example SI2 or below SI1 the stones will typically not be eye clean? Is SI2 considered OK for stud earrings?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, prices are rising this weekend, as a matter of fact, at some vendors. So this is not a great time to postpone buying, that is for sure!

I'd go with WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin because they are going to be easiest to get a very well matched pair with great trade-in policies. I would go to I SI1 if I had to. I think SI2 is trouble because I'd have to see those before setting and the sending back and forth would be a hassle. But you may be able to find some that are acceptable.

Oh, and AGS is the lab where many of the top quality hearts and arrows stones are sent for grading. So AGS and GIA are the two respected labs for ideal/excellent cut stones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1307901059|2944129 said:

Actually, these two pairs are still there and are excellent stones. If you are really interested, I would call and email tomorrow to see if I could beat the price increase. It may be too late, though. Diamonds have gone up several times this year already and the climb has not yet stopped, apparently.

smoltz

Rough_Rock
I just bought a pair of 3.07ctw from Union Diamond in Atlanta. Todd worked with me and was very helpful. I am local to Atlanta, but we did almost everything over email and the phone. Took a couple of weeks to find the right stones, but I was very happy with what I ended up with relative to the price paid. I also priced them with Brian Gavin Designs and Lesley was extremely responsive and helpful as others have mentioned. Just not in the budget range I was looking to spend for these.

beze

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input diamondseeker2006. About the rising prices, I know it is hard to say, but what are the chances that this a bubble and prices may come down later? Have there been falling prices in last few years after steep and rapid rises like this?

beze

Rough_Rock
smoltz|1308447511|2949260 said:
I just bought a pair of 3.07ctw from Union Diamond in Atlanta. Todd worked with me and was very helpful. I am local to Atlanta, but we did almost everything over email and the phone. Took a couple of weeks to find the right stones, but I was very happy with what I ended up with relative to the price paid. I also priced them with Brian Gavin Designs and Lesley was extremely responsive and helpful as others have mentioned. Just not in the budget range I was looking to spend for these.

Thanks smoltz. Do Union Diamond offer an upgrade policy? I could not tell from their web site.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results