shape
carat
color
clarity

Best month for a wedding

What''s the best month for a wedding and why?

• August

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • September

• October

• November

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts on the best month (in terms of weather/price/availability/etc) for a wedding in the mid-atlantic states? I''m leaning towards a September or later date and wanted opinions. Thanks!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
O.K, I am a "little" bias but I got married in NY on 10/1/05. It was 75 and not a cloud in the sky...truly the perfect day!!!

Layne

Shiny_Rock
we need to know where you live!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re in the mid-Atlantic area (coastal or no? can you give specifics, please?) I would say the first couple weeks of November...hurricane season is pretty much on the wane, hotel accomodations would be "off peak" (to my knowledge), and the weather should still be temperate.

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
I''m in the northern Delaware area. I like the idea of waiting until Oct/Nov so it''s a little cooler. I just don''t want to wait too long and end up with it being freezing cold out...brrrrrr!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to a wedding on NYE in Ohio. Very cold. She had this pretty fur cape thing and it was a beautiful wedding. I think honestly it is a personal choice and you can''t go wrong with any month. Maybe look at flowers that are in seasons and that can help you decide. Or if you like the fall, changing leaves look, that can be your deciding factor. Is it for this year? If so you might want to find what dates a venue you like has left.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I also think that any month would be just fine, the thought of a fall wedding in that area sounds terrific!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Weather Channel website has a section for forecasting your wedding date, I don''t know how far in advance, but it may help you decide...I''m assuming it''s based on statistics for that time of year in your area. Good luck deciding...let us know!!!
face1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i would say early to mid october. however, where i live we battle hurricanes somewhat from august to november.

i love the weather in oct. it's brisk but not cold. there is something wonderful about the changing of the seasons from hot to cool.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 10:21:19 PM
Author: jcrow
i would say early to mid october. however, where i live we battle hurricanes somewhat from august to november.

i love the weather in oct. it''s brisk but not cold. there is something wonderful about the changing of the seasons from hot to cool.

Same. I am leaning towards having mine in early-mid Oct of next year. I''m in SC and the weather here is usually great here that time of year. And it seems like there''s a lot of weddings in September.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
If you get Fall colors I would wait for whenever the colors have peaked. That would make for a beautiful setting. I''d be getting married in Oct for that reason if our budget allowed it.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on what your priority is. If you want to have beautiful fall weather,foliage, etc. I would suggest October or November. But just be prepared to pay top dollar during those months--they have become very popular in the Northeast. I wanted to get married in November or the beginning of December but the prices were sky high. So if weather is your concern and price isn't, those are good months to consider.

Then again, you can't predict the weather. I got married 2 weeks ago and it was 50 degrees and drizzling in NYC! We feared sub-zero temperatures and snow but we got lucky. It could've been April!

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your responses! My reason behind asking wasn''t for picking a month now...Maybe I should explain my situation a little more for that to make sense. I was thinking about popping the question within the next couple months (I''ve already had the ring for 4 months). Due to other circumstances we would most likely not be able to have the wedding until September 2007 or later. I (we) don''t want too long of an engagement (probably not more than 1.5 years) so we wouldn''t want to wait until spring 2008. That''s where you all come in. I wanted people''s opinions on getting married in the later months of the year.

And are October weddings really that pricey? I never really thought about that as being a high demand month. Oh well, that''s something for parents to worry about since they will be paying
2.gif
(only kidding!)

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the exact same situation as you! We just got engaged on Valentine''s Day and we''re shooting for Fall 2007 because that gives us enough time to plan everything and be a little more financially secure. I''m still debating between Sept and Oct but I am leaning towards October. The pricing thing seems strange, because here September weddings are a lot more common than October and there isn''t really any difference in the cost.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think getting married anytime of the year is the best month!
9.gif
It all depends what your personal timing and how much you might need to save, etc... I understand not wanting to have a long engagement, Mine is about 1.5yrs and I can tell you that I would recommend a year or less. At the same time, if you know you want to be w/her (I am assuming you are the guy?) then I would probably propose soon and discuss all the details like the wedding date w/her, bc you never know what other things might come up! Plus it does give a little more leeway in planning - esp if Fall months are very popular where you are, it might be good to start early and get the ceremony and reception sites booked before they are all snatched up!!

I went to a wedding in Pennsylvania last Sept (late sept), she had a fall theme and it was gorgeous!!!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I personally love the fall. If we were both not in school we would have gotten married in October, but instead we got married in August.

Keep in mind too, if you have a lot of people that need to travel out of town to come to your wedding, and they have school age children, that during the school year it may be harder than during the summer months. My sister got married in November a few years ago and she had OOT several family members that didn''t come b/c they didn''t want to take their kids out of school, or leave them with babysitters during the school year.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I want a fall or winter wedding, preferably either September/October or January/February, so I voted September, that way it will be a "true" fall wedding, and you will probably still have some beautiful leaves changing etc...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its hard to say- there are wonderful things about every season- and depending on where you live- you need to take that into account. We are both in grad school, and my FI teaches and coaches, so naturally summer was the going to be the best time for us to get married and go on our honeymoon. We set the date for August of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results