shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Moisturizer with SPF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for me. I have pale, sensitive skin, that tends to be dry, and am looking for a moisturizer with sunscreen in it.

I would like it to not be super heavy, or greasy (as stuff with spf tends to be) but meanwhile it has to give me enough protection. I know...I''m asking for a lot.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
What SPF level are you looking for? I went on my own quest a few months back and sampled some of the mainstream products from 15-45 and can share my results...

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 9:37:33 AM
Author: piccolascimmia
What SPF level are you looking for? I went on my own quest a few months back and sampled some of the mainstream products from 15-45 and can share my results...
Well I''d prefer higher rather than lower (i.e. 30 sounds good to me) but if there isn''t anything good around 30, I''ll take 15.

Thanks for your help!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Ok, then here''s my non-scientific learnings
1.gif
I used to use Olay spf 15 for sensitive skin, and was looking for something higher to wear now that I''m outside playing tennis a lot. I liked using it since its so light and never made me break out, and was just the right amount of moisturizer for me. But...I needed higher SPF. So I tried Neutrogena® Healthy Defense® SPF 45 and 30 Daily Moisturizer - moisturizer is heavier/greasier, but it makes my eyes burn when I use it to close to them (which is part of the place I need the protection the most). I also tried an Aveeno moisturizer i think with 30, and it also burned. Then I finally found Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30, Sensitive Skin. And duh, for the same reasons I liked using the 15, the 30 works well for me too. No burning, light formula. I kept the 45s to use over the rest of my face when I know I''ll be outside for longer, but day to day use the Olay 30.

There are so many brands out there beyond these typical drugstore ones, but for the price I paid, I''m happy. I''d try the others if I could get samples, though! I''d hate to pay for a full one and have it burn my eyes. Good luck with finding what works best for you!

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely head to the drugstore and see what is there. Do you wear it every day? Does it feel like moisturizer or does it feel like sunscreen? I''m just worried about if feeling heavy and sticky and greasy, you know?

Thanks again!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Sunshine, have you ever tried Paula''s Choice cosmetics and skin care?

http://www.paulaschoice.com

Those are some AWESOME products, and I can''t recommend them highly enough. No nonsense, no gimmick make-up and skin care products, all fully guaranteed.

But if you aren''t into mail-order, or you need something right away, I agree that the drugstore products are fine. Just find one with titanium dioxide, zinc dioxide, or avobenzone in the ingredient list (for better UV spectrum coverage) in a base formula that works well on your particular skin. You do NOT have to pay a LOT for a great product, and the cosmetic counters do not have anything any "better" than the drugstores, just lots more expensive!

Kudos for taking care of your skin... wearing an appropriate sunscreen EVERY DAY, rain or shine, winter or summer, is one of the best ways to prevent wrinkles and skin cancer, and keep us looking oh-so-loverly!
9.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 6:22:19 PM
Author: Lynn B
Sunshine, have you ever tried Paula''s Choice cosmetics and skin care?

http://www.paulaschoice.com

Those are some AWESOME products, and I can''t recommend them highly enough. No nonsense, no gimmick make-up and skin care products, all fully guaranteed.

But if you aren''t into mail-order, or you need something right away, I agree that the drugstore products are fine. Just find one with titanium dioxide, zinc dioxide, or avobenzone in the ingredient list (for better UV spectrum coverage) in a base formula that works well on your particular skin. You do NOT have to pay a LOT for a great product, and the cosmetic counters do not have anything any ''better'' than the drugstores, just lots more expensive!

Kudos for taking care of your skin... wearing an appropriate sunscreen EVERY DAY, rain or shine, winter or summer, is one of the best ways to prevent wrinkles and skin cancer, and keep us looking oh-so-loverly!
9.gif
I haven''t purchased any of her products, but I have read her book and go to her website quite often. I''m definitely into mail order stuff...so this is a great option!!

I went to the drug store today just to get a few ideas and the woman there thinks I need to go as high as 45 or 60 spf, just by looking at my skin. I''m very fair with pink cheeks, dark hair and blue eyes. So I think my risk factors are quite high for sun damage, skin cancer etc.

I will browse around that site right now! Thanks Lynn!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use Neutrogena w/Heliopex which help with UVA/UVB rays. http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Dry-Touch-Sunblock-Helioplex-3-Ounce/dp/B000FKJR8Q/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1/102-7564877-2826525

and I also use from the Skin Care Lab.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios Fluide Extreme SPF 50+
A unique, lightweight fluid, great for oil-prone skin, formulated with Mexoryl XL and Mexoryl SX for maximum broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection (50ml)

Read this article http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2229315&page=1 This is what stops wrinkles. I use this all the time and Neutrogena because it is cheaper and less oily.

Ingredients: Mexoryl XL, Mexoryl SX

skincarelab_1932_2735777.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lancome has one, UV expert, which is a 20 for the face. Not sure if it is a moisturiser with a screen or just a sunscreen, but it is supposed to be good. I also have used Clinique City block and the Clarins hydrator with white tea which is 40 I think...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I hate greasy heavy moisturizers too. For SPF 15, I recommend Dove Energy Glow Brightening Moisturizer or L''Oreal Dermo-Expertise Futur-e Moisturizer. For SPF 30, I recommend Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer. I use one of these moisturizers daily. They all feel like moisturizers and not sunscreen.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 1:39:09 AM
Author: snlee
I hate greasy heavy moisturizers too. For SPF 15, I recommend Dove Energy Glow Brightening Moisturizer or L''Oreal Dermo-Expertise Futur-e Moisturizer. For SPF 30, I recommend Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer. I use one of these moisturizers daily. They all feel like moisturizers and not sunscreen.
Oooh that is good...that is what I''m looking for! Thanks for the advice everyone...I''m going to take this info and go back to the store to try a few out.

Thanks again!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve used Eucerin Extra Sensitive (extra protection) SPF30 during my pregnancy. Very lightweight. I haven''t noticed any stinging around the eye area (but maybe I have tough skin
9.gif
). The bottle is white with pink trim and is said to have uva/uvb protection.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and I also tried Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Ageless Daily Moisturizer, SPF 30 UVA/UVB - and it burned around my eyes too...but it was a nice texture/weight.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i use aveeno positively radiant with spf15 for daily wear and if i go play outdoor sports or such i use what skippy uses. the neutrogena heliplex sunscreen. works well for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results