shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Man Vent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
OK- so a few months ago, FI''s best man was in town. He''s asked me if there was anything he could do to help and stated that he really wanted a job for the wedding. So, I decided to put him in charge of alcohol (since he works part time at a winery). Thrilled by the delegation, he promised he would do a great job.

Fast forward- I had already sent him a list of food and how many people we were going to have and the name of a distributor that would DELIVER the alcohol to the venue for us and told him the alcohol had to get there by Wednesday or Thursday of wedding week. I gave him a budget and just told him I would pay him back. He said "no problem- I''ll take care of it"

Now it''s wedding week- best man was supposed to be in town around 12 noon or 1pm Wednesday. He decided to buy the booze where he was and drive it down (instead of having the distributor deliver it)- fine... as long as it gets to the venue. So, he ends up partying too hard the night before and doesn''t leave town until HOURS after he intended to. He shows up at 5pm- the venue is closed. What''s more- all he brought was 38 bottles of wine (that''s enough for 1 drink per person).

To complicate matters- he and FI leave for the bachelor party around 5:30pm. He said he would get the rest of the booze and take it to the venue on Friday. (I had already said it had to be there Wednesday or Thursday because they have an event Friday and we can''t access the premises) So now- here I am- with a to do list 100 pages long, and now I have go out and get alcohol and deliver it for a 120 person wedding. Luckily, FI''s family is in town and they are going to help me.

I may just hit him with that cast iron skillet on my registry!
29.gif

*Vent is Over- Thank you*

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow - he seriously dropped the ball! I''m sorry you''re so stressed about this - I would be furious with him too

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, that sucks! I''m glad you''ve got FI''s family there to help you. I have a hard time delegating bc I''m a control freak and it''s stories like these that worry me about letting other people handle details. I''m sure you''ll get it sorted out. Inhale, exhale.

You''re getting so close!!!! Yay!!!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
The funny thing is... I promised myself that I would not be a control freak about this wedding. So I delegated 1 task... and it failed. Ha Ha.

I just texted all of my guy friends to help me with beer selection. They all texted back immediately, so at least I know WHAT to get!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
This is why you don''t delegate to someone who doesn''t get how important things are! How frustrating, sorry he''s being a dummy.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! Glad your guy friends were there to help you figure out what to buy! Some guys just don''t get it! It will all work out!
1.gif

Tawonda

Rough_Rock
I hope your groom gives his best man a good talking to
29.gif
Thank goodness for male friends and relatives. I hope you have the situation under control now best of luck.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Everything is OK now. FI''s mom, sister, and family friend helped me go buy all the booze and deliver it. It took 3 shopping carts, 4 hours, and a lot of sweat, but it''s at the venue now- and out of my hair!
2.gif
I got a really funny photo- but it''s on his sister''s camera. I''ll have to post it when I get the photos!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I. Would. KILL. Him.

You sound so chill. Good for you, and glad Fi''s family picked up the slack.

Happy wedding!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some day decade in the future this will be part of your wedding lore... I''m glad you documented it with photos!

(BTW is best man single by any chance? Major leverage as you drop hints that this episode will be recounted at his reception!)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow - I''m so glad it worked out. I would have been a freaking out mess! :) You''re a calmer woman than I

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad it worked out and you stayed pretty calm.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Woah! So glad it worked out but that best man still needs a few words!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Glad it worked out!!! I''d still smack him with the iron skillet
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 2:01:02 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
The funny thing is... I promised myself that I would not be a control freak about this wedding. So I delegated 1 task... and it failed. Ha Ha.

I just texted all of my guy friends to help me with beer selection. They all texted back immediately, so at least I know WHAT to get!
even though everything is stressfull, at least this side comment is fun and cute :)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Have a wonderful time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results