shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Linens

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so I love fabulous linens and I have found what I consider the BEST place to buy them. CUDDLEDOWN

Since this has been a topic that's come up again and again... I thought I'd share.

It's pricey, but not obscene (a lot of linens are just ridiculously priced)... and everything I have bought from them has been stellar.

These towels were reviewed by the Wall Street Journal as being awesome, and I've been using them for almost a year and I agree. No shrinking, no color loss, super soft, no pilling and super absorbent. I literally threw out every towel I own (except those for cleaning) and now only have sets of these-- they are that nice. http://www.cuddledown.com/product/bath/towels-mats/bamboo-towels.do?sortby=newArrivals I own sets in Ivory, stone (which is green, not gray), expresso and milk chocolate. And I'm planning on buying myself a pewter set for Christmas.

And I recently started buying their sheets, since my King sheets from Wamsutta are now only available with ridiculous shipping through BBB and they are super expensive anyway, and they are just to die for: http://www.cuddledown.com/product/bedding/deep-pocket-sheets/500-thread-count-italian-percale-flat-sheet.do?sortby=newArrivals and http://www.cuddledown.com/product/bedding/deep-pocket-sheets/400-thread-count-flat-sheet.do?sortby=newArrivals&page=2 softer than silk, no pilling and great color retention AND (since I have a 20 inch deep mattress this is key) NO SHRINKING!

I love cuddledown. The last two times we went on vacation to really high end hotels my husband has groused something fierce that we should bring our own towels and sheets because nothing compares to what we have at home. And he's right!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Those towel just *look* comfortable!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1314849668|3007109 said:
Those towel just *look* comfortable!!

OMG, I have been in awe of the quality. At first I was like... a towel is a towel right? Nope. I've had two oblivious men (friend's hubbies) take showers in my house and actually come out and ask me about my towels :-o .

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's cool. I've gotten their catalog forever but don't think I've ever ordered from them. Kind of thought it was mostly comforter stuff, & I don't have comforters. I usually order from Schweizer Linen & Neimans, but only when they have sales. I'm reeeall picky about sheets -- need to be crisp, not floppy, so sateen or percale only -- and believe it or not, I actually starch & iron my sheets, can't stand them un-ironed. Used to send them out but at $35/bed, it got ridiculous. In this podunk city it was a big search to find a launderer who would even do bedlinens, most had never heard of such an outlandish idea. :roll:

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1314887447|3007355 said:
I actually starch & iron my sheets, can't stand them un-ironed. Used to send them out but at $35/bed, it got ridiculous. In this podunk city it was a big search to find a launderer who would even do bedlinens, most had never heard of such an outlandish idea. :roll:

I used to as well... then I think it was someone on PS who suggested putting the linens on the bed slightly damp, pulling tightly across the bed, and letting dry. Obviously you have to do it early in the day so there is time for them to dry but it works perfectly! They're not quite as nice as freshly starched, but it sure saves me time.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you for this!!! I am a total linen freak - i love good sheets and towels. We actually got some very nice towels for our wedding, and I put them in the spare bathroom for the guests (and saved the crappy ones for us). Well, then my husband has been using them every day (ALL OF THEM) and now they don't look as nice. plus, I'm ready to get some new ones for myself. I'm going to cuddledown!

Bed linens are my favorite - we have a couple of very nice sets, but I can always use more - thanks for sharing!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad this helps. I really love sliding into bed with soft sheets, no other feeling quite like it. I really want another set of the Sateen in Dove but I'm gonna have to wait for that.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gypsy! This is a very timely post as I was thinking it was time to buy some new bedsheets. We have a couple sets of well-worn Calvin Klein cotton sheets, but I was looking for something with a higher thread count and the ones you suggested seem to fit the bill. Plus you are recommending them. ;))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
tigian|1314913082|3007740 said:
Thanks, Gypsy! This is a very timely post as I was thinking it was time to buy some new bedsheets. We have a couple sets of well-worn Calvin Klein cotton sheets, but I was looking for something with a higher thread count and the ones you suggested seem to fit the bill. Plus you are recommending them. ;))

Thank you Tigian... let me know how you like them!

Make sure to read the reviews... One caveat: If you have a deep mattress the fitted are deep, but the top sheets are standard. It's not an issue for us at all, but if you tuck it might be for you.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very curious to try this out. I'm just wondering Gypsy or anyone who has exposure to this: how does the bedlinen compare to Flou, or Signora Firenze? Those are my favs but the cost is prohibitive...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buy pillowcases and judge for yourself. Put them through the wash a few times just like your other linens.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Cuddledown is on sale at Rue La La today. I bought a set of white sateen sheets and am excited to try them out. I considered a coverlet set too, but realized I'd be paying a lot for the decorative shams, which I never use.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Gah, Gypsy and Urseberry, you ladies will be the end of my bank account! (J/K)

I just dropped $$ on sheet set and two new pillows from RueLaLa. I've been telling myself I need new sheets, but doing a decent job resisting the temptation to buy them. Can't wait to get them!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why izzit that I'll plunk down $7000 for a stone without a blush yet balk at the idea of paying $60 for a bath sheet. :wacko:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Welllllllll, we love Frette. However, they must be pressed. BUt nothing else feels like them......... I try and get them on sale. Website is good--if you buy a packaged set--make sure you get a flat and fitted set--not all come packaged that way! (two flats...)

cheers--Sharon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1317174079|3027483 said:
Why izzit that I'll plunk down $7000 for a stone without a blush yet balk at the idea of paying $60 for a bath sheet. :wacko:

Try it. You'll like it. :naughty:

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the heads up! I need sheets badly! Although i really like the feel of jersey knit. How is the sateen? Do you slip and slide all over the sheets?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
beesha77|1317189851|3027648 said:
Thanks for the heads up! I need sheets badly! Although i really like the feel of jersey knit. How is the sateen? Do you slip and slide all over the sheets?

No slipping. Although I'd wash them first. I love sateen. My only issue with it is that it seems to snag more easily on my cat's claws than percale... but I've largely solved that issue in my house by buying printed duvets (the most snag prone of my bedding items) instead of solid ones. It still snags but I don't notice it with all the paisley running around!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered a set of sateen 400TC from Ruelala. My new tencel fiber sheets are starting to pill after just a couple washings, so I'll give these a try. Thanks for the recommendation, Gypsy!

On a side note, here's the direct quote from the packaging of my sheets: "The sensuously smooth surface of Tencel doesn't just feel good, it's also especially kind and gentle on the skin. In addition, Tencel fibers make the product resilient to color fading, shrinkage and pilling wash after wash."
:|

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I HATE pilling. I have a white fitted sheet that was from a set from Macy's my mom bought us as a gift and it pills to no end! And it was PRICEY!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to check out this RueLaLa that everyone's talking about. I must be out of the loop, I had no idea it was by invitation only! :-o :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results