shape
carat
color
clarity

Best gift your DH/SO ever bought for you

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, missy I feel the same way about my parents. They gave me the gift of a great, warm home and beloved childhood. Unconditional love, really and truly and on top of that a very empathetic and liberal and educated view of the world. Plus my education. I've always loved them and appreciated all they've done for us, but I understand more and more how truly blessed we were and still are.

My DH is my soul mate
and his best material gift was a trip around the world for my graduation. 6weeks of adventure.
Bling wise I'm firmly in the "I'll tell you where to wire the money" camp.... The colour of the ribbon is surprise enough for me..

So much alike! In many ways. Though we have no children and you have lots haha. Otherwise very similar. :kiss:

I love reading about how your dh is your soulmate and how wonderful a family you have. We are very fortunate in so many ways and I am forever grateful for all that they have done for us. And how we got so lucky with finding our soulmates. All the rest is gravy.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not bought, but given - his constant love for over 41 years !

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flowers over our last 34 years the man will just show up with flowers, I find it wonderful, a bit romantic and very loving.. Plus all the bling I've bought, lost and been lucky enough to receive, the guy is literally a gem.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For several years I've watched killer go around with you and your husband.. I love the rabbit.. and I think you guys have great fun and killer means a lot to you both!

Without a doubt the best gift I ever bought my DH was a little killer rabbit. He loves Monty Python movies and is constantly quoting the Holy Grail. We went to a showing of Spamalot around Thanksgiving and they had a killer rabbit puppet which made me think of getting him something like that. I put it on top of his Christmas stocking. That little rabbit has traveled many, many miles. He went to Uganda, Ethiopia, was held by a Serbian solider after a full blown military parade that Putin attended and has had many other adventures.

Here he is wearing some of my RHR. Trust me he isn't this white anymore; poor guy is pretty gray now.

KR Bling.jpg

My best present from my DH wasn't really something he bought; he painted pictures of some of our assorted killer rabbits (yes we have about 10 now) and some of my favorite teddy bears.

1572816023918.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle! such wonderful presents, and what a great guy! and great girl.. true love.

The best gift I ever got for him: For our 5th anniversary (almost 10 years ago :shock:) I surprised him with a trip to the same resort we honeymooned at...and managed to keep it a secret. He was floored!

The best gift he ever got me: When we were still dating, he made me a big photo collage of all our pictures together. He’s in no way crafty so this gift means more to me than anything he’s ever bought me. It holds a place of honor in our home. :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw Mamabean I loved your journey with your gift from your husband, he's a keeper and you are both lucky to have each other. Buy yourself a gorgeous emerald cut diamond eternity or 1/2 eternity ring, it would look beautiful on you!!

This doesn’t sound thoughtful but it is if you know me. I had my big birthday this year. My husband gave me a large sum of money to buy whatever I want with it. He loves to see me looking at diamonds online and oohing and ahhing over them. He wanted me to upgrade.I could have bought a new diamond and kept Libby..or trade her in and get a huge rock..to me..anyway.....I didn’t upgrade...I bought whatever I wanted all year without feeling guilty...I did make some mistakes...and I did question..and still do whether I should have upgraded my diamond...but the fun of trying to decide what to get was the best fun ever. I still have some money left over but not enough to really upgrade...and still undecided about that. I just love Libby so if I did I would have to upgrade through Whiteflash and keep her...I’m not getting a present like that again.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
The most thoughtful gift my husband has gotten me was a Magic Bullet on Mother's day one year! It may seem practical or "macho" to get a wife a kitchen appliance, but I have loved it to pieces (literally) for almost 18 years! He got it when my son was a toddler so that I could easily make pureed homemade baby food, diet protein shakes for myself, smoothies for him, and salad dressings for potlucks. I used that thing everyday for the next 10-15 years, until the motor burned out a few years ago....but never fear, I bought myself a replacement model at a great sale at Kohls when the old one broke down, so technically I still have it (or pieces from the old set he gave me).

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flowers over our last 34 years the man will just show up with flowers, I find it wonderful, a bit romantic and very loving.. Plus all the bling I've bought, lost and been lucky enough to receive, the guy is literally a gem.

That is seriously the sweetest! So romantic. :kiss2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In 1977 my gf gifted me a S/S Rolex DJ for my 18th BD then the watch got stolen from me in 1995. :(sad

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results