shape
carat
color
clarity

Best gift you didn''t buy to give

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
I try to give gifts such as pictures in frames and hand made beaded jewelry to give to loved ones. Do you guys have any other ideas on gifts that I can make but of course isn''t cheesy?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I like to give baked goods or home-made truffles, shows you put time into it and everybody loves to eat them!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
For smaller occasions (if I''m invited over to someone''s home for dinner, or for a friend''s birthday), I usually bake buns. Quick and easy and always appreciated!

For bigger occasions (new baby, close family or friend''s birthday), I knit something. I make sure it''s classic and useful. Small blankets that will fit in a cot. Scarves. Mittens. Socks. Men love getting hand knitted socks. One guy friend has been literally begging me for socks. He sends me monthly reminders of how many months till his birthday! I make everything in practical, neutral colours, and with minimal patterning.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Those sound like great presents but I can''t bake and I can''t knit.
emsad.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Christmas ornaments - using your jewelry making skills

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
personalized stamps (use your own photos of you & FI/DH, kids, hometown scenes, etc.). they are especially great for grandparents on a limited income as they help out with an expense, encourage correspondance, and offer a picture of you & loved ones! my dad has also been an amateur photographer since he was a teen, so i made some using some great nature shots of his. he loved it! and, i also put one stamp on a nice white cardstock and framed it, which made for a nice keepsake showpiece on his desk.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results